Fpse for Android News

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby storm20200 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:46 pm

schtruck wrote:ok, for MALI400 users, i'll make one thing, pressing Volume Down button into the loader Menu will switch ON/OFF BIOS it it's well defined , like that you switch OFF quickly, you run FPse, at loader you Press Volume down to Switch to HLE mode, you load tekken3, you eject, you press Volume down to Switch to Bios Mode, and your Game will start immediatly in Bios mode.

@Molitar, can you make a log cat and then send me to schtruck@gmail.com

Thank you, this and the black border fix has made my day! That is an even better feature than I wanted!
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Uddasa
Primary Device: ASUS EeePad Transformer
ROM: Revolution HD 3.2.2

Postby Uddasa » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Excellent, that was the last bug I wanted to be fixed too (edit : the black lines).
Waiting for the update!

dttung80
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 2
Operating System: Android 4 ICS
ROM: AOKP ICS - KANG MOD

Postby dttung80 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Uddasa wrote:Excellent, that was the last bug I wanted to be fixed too (edit : the black lines).
Waiting for the update!

Thanks for the Good sounds, :D

Hope the QWERTY for Motorola Droid 2 HW assign keys will be fix for character key can be use after assigned.

(The virtual key : Shift, Alt, space, capslock... can be use, but the others not).

I saw the dualcore support, the chip ARM7 v2 single core can be boost ?

Thanks and Best regards,

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Is the problem with the margins in OpenGL fixed yet on the Xperia Play?

This bug has been around forever, and it would be really nice if it could be fixed, since it ruins 4:3 game mode in almost every game.

dttung80
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 2
Operating System: Android 4 ICS
ROM: AOKP ICS - KANG MOD

Postby dttung80 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:49 pm

illuminerdi wrote:Is the problem with the margins in OpenGL fixed yet on the Xperia Play?

This bug has been around forever, and it would be really nice if it could be fixed, since it ruins 4:3 game mode in almost every game.

Menu Settings/VIDEO, un check the Original screen size

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Does anyone know a fix for the battle transitions in FF7?? Whenever I enter a battle with OpenGL plug in, sound stutters and it takes a long time for the battle to start. The battle transition never displays either.

illuminerdi

Postby illuminerdi » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:47 pm

dttung80 wrote:Menu Settings/VIDEO, un check the Original screen size

You seem to be missing the point: I *want* to play the game in 4:3/Original Size. Unchecking that stretches the image, which I dislike, and it's a bug anyway, the stuff in the margins isn't supposed to be there.

illuminerdi

Postby illuminerdi » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Prfndhatrdofman wrote:Does anyone know a fix for the battle transitions in FF7?? Whenever I enter a battle with OpenGL plug in, sound stutters and it takes a long time for the battle to start. The battle transition never displays either.

Those are "frame buffer effects" which the FPSE OpenGL plugin doesn't support yet, which is why it slows down a ton and sound stutters. No frame buffer effects work yet in any games.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:47 pm

Fpse 0.11.16 released to the market:
- Fixed a problem with X key and somes Xperia play
- Fixed Black border lines caused by texture Filtering always set, now by default it's unset, if you set it and want to unset , FPse need to restart to apply change.
- Added HLE mode and Bios mode shortcut from ISO loader by pressing VOLUME down (if Bios has been already loaded one time)
this will make the MALI400 gpu trick easier, just load tekken3 , at loader press Volume down until HLE mode is set, load Tekken3 iso, reach Character select menu, then Eject , press Volume down button to activate Bios mode, and choose your game.

Don't forget to switch to Software gpu plugin and then reload it from MISC menu to update Opengl plugin

fyatwyrio
Primary Device: tmobile LG G2x
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: stock

Postby fyatwyrio » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:51 pm

illuminerdi wrote:Is the problem with the margins in OpenGL fixed yet on the Xperia Play?

The newest version seems to fix 'original size' 4:3 mode for me (g2x tegra 2). Before it would just crop sides of the wide screen image off, now it's actually showing the full image in the proper aspect.

It's a shame texture filtering has to be off to get rid of the alpha blending issue but the games still look surprisingly good un filtered.

Now the gpu mode just needs to increase speed. Still eludes me on how off loading functions to the gpu can cause a performance hit (these aren't s3 virge decelerators ;) ) . Hopefully it's just optimizations for android. With frame skip it's not bad though.

Great work.

Return to “News”