Fpse for Android News

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby storm20200 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:30 pm

schtruck wrote:ok Xperia play Analog pad support finished for ICS,work perfectly, hmmmm what's else?

Mali400? unfortunaly i'm waiting for Intel's Help,

Damn, oh well I hope they help you soon.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

drgci
Primary Device: htc sensation
Operating System: android
ROM: cooked

Postby drgci » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:57 pm

will be the new version of fpse emulator optimized for adreno 220gpu? and generally for dual core CPU?

BCeagle08
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus Transformer TF101
Operating System: Android ICS

Postby BCeagle08 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:30 am

I just downloaded FPse on my TF101, trying to play Final Fantasy Tactics.

When I use the software GUI, it seems to run, but the sound is god awful, regardless of which plugin I use. When I use the OPENGL GUI, I have the same problems as others. If Frame limiter is off, I get like 200 FPS. If Framelimiter is on I get very varied FPS. Even trying old frame skip, new frame skip, variations of different graphic settings, turning on the dual core capabilities, etc etc etc.

Will any of this potentially be addressed in the new release? As of now, I'm quite disappointed with my $4.

Uddasa
Primary Device: ASUS EeePad Transformer
ROM: Revolution HD 3.2.2

Postby Uddasa » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:36 am

Got the same problem on TF101, I'm really looking forward to this next release so I can start playing my games again (and also for the pad and keyboard support)!

Dragoth

Postby Dragoth » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:34 am

BCeagle08 wrote:I just downloaded FPse on my TF101, trying to play Final Fantasy Tactics.

When I use the software GUI, it seems to run, but the sound is god awful, regardless of which plugin I use. When I use the OPENGL GUI, I have the same problems as others. If Frame limiter is off, I get like 200 FPS. If Framelimiter is on I get very varied FPS. Even trying old frame skip, new frame skip, variations of different graphic settings, turning on the dual core capabilities, etc etc etc.

Will any of this potentially be addressed in the new release? As of now, I'm quite disappointed with my $4.

For your Sound problem, try activating SPU Sync in your sound options.
Schtruck is trying to address the framelimiter problem and should hopefully be solved with the coming release:

schtruck wrote:i tried Two Frame limiter method included in Pete Plugin and it seems result is the same, so i have implemented another Frame limiter, the one available for Soft mode as an Option into Video menu , it disable the Framelimiter from Pete plugin then use our frame limiter, just hope result will be the one expected.

If anyone with this Problem is interrested by Testing and giving me Quick result, contact me please.

About this delay , it's due to the fact i have updated to Last SDK / NDK from google, and found just recently that last SDK was the reason of many Problems, so i rolled back to old NDK with new SDK. It work now like a charm.

About Xperia play, i tried to add Analog support, another time using a trick with last SDK and all in just one version for all, but for now that has failed, Android doesn' t like to have a standard Activity and a Native Activity into the same application. That's why the answer will be ICS which should be released very soon and if Sony did a good job (without no doubt), Analog Support will be supported natively, no need to change Code of FPse, perhaps uses of Joystick Center will be necessary. (Anyone has a beta version of ICS for Xperia play?)

schtruck wrote:ok i confirm the New Framelimiter works like a charm with OpenGL plugin, i tried Legend of Dragoon and in COmbat i got 60fps everytime, while with Pete plugin framelimiter i had between 40 and 60fps.. so big slowdown.

If people report that new Framelimiter works better i'll put it by default, for now it's an Option in VIDEO menu.

I'll release the new version very soon (perhaps this evening).

Stay tunned guys.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:53 pm

finally forgot to fix Press Hardware button and Onscreen button pressed simultaneously and License Checking certificate expiration (was checked each time you ran FPse...) .

Now both are fixed. just somes hours before 0.11.15. i finish to prepare package and text, then everything will be posted to market.

Here are changes:

- Fixed many bugs
- New frame limiter mode for OpenGL plugin into Video menu. (seems to give better framerate...)
- Automatic download and installation of OpengL plugin from the MISC menu.
- Added Manual Frame limiter for OpenGL from MISC menu
- Optimized Memory allocation , FPse is more stable now.
- Added support for Hardwre keyboard (TF101 keyboard is supported too)
- Added support for Xperia play analog PAD , only for Android 4.x (works very well on current Beta version)
- Added native support for PS3 pad on Android 3.1 and more. (Digital buttons and Analog Stick are automatically configured)
- Added support for Joystick center Analog Stick support, all Analog Stick can be assigned from HW key assignement. (need Android 3.1 or more)
- Added new option for OpenGL plugin, called Busy fix, will avoid somes blacks screen and help somes games to start...

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:00 pm

sounds good man keep up the good work

On a side not were you ever able to look into the Breath of Fire 3 glitch in Software mode where using healing spell or item on a wounded character it would cause the screen to go black? just wanted to know if you were able to fix or possibly fix at a lter time?

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
ROM: Stock

Postby hiei » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Cheats are broken. The times per frame get stuck at 1 and they never work. Cheat method prior to latest worked. Can't wait for update.

-hiei

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:00 pm

@Schtruck
Great job a always Schtruck :)

I always said whenever there is no updates for a long time the next one is going to be awesome, and it is :)
just one thing though, Change disk is not working with .pbp games, and the version is not 0.10.15 it is actually 0.11.15 ;)

here is my little contribution to this awesome application, and i hope you guys like it :)

the original thread can be found here
http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2878
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Have you guys got the update? My phone doesn't appear to think it needs updating.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Return to “News”