Fpse for Android News

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby molitar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm

Ok can someone post me to the previous version this version is plain garbage I am TOTALLY sick of crashing constantly to where I can not play any games with this emulator! It's horrible otherwise I need to go find a cracked apk somewheres so I can use a paid for software.. this is awful and not to be able to go back is awful.

romaragregado
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Coby Kyros MID8024-4G
Operating System: Android OS 2.3
ROM: Final Fantasy VIII

Postby romaragregado » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Good day,

I am having issues with FF8. It just freezes or gives me black screen on the middle of the cinematics of Squall and Rinoa Dance Scene on Disc 1.

Its so frustraying because other cinematics are working just fine. Its just that particular scene.

I am new with Android and FPSE, I dont know what to do. Please help me.

Thanks.

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:41 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:
illuminerdi wrote:
I'm also getting the same error in Resident Evil 2 and Tekken 3 where it renders parts of the screen duplicate in the margins

32 but rendering is on but this still happens. Its overwriting the on-screen pad.

These are all bugs for Xperia Play

Don't you use "original screen size"? I have that kind of duplicate image in the margin only if I activate this option

Yes it only happens with that option on, as Tue distortion is in place of the black borders. I don't like playing 4:3 games in widescreen so I always leave that option on.

pc1977uk
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: sony tablet s
Operating System: android 3.21

Postby pc1977uk » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi All

Can anybody please tell me when thrill kill stopped working i broke my play a few months back and i got a sony tablet s instead however i cant get thrill kill to work i have also tried using the game on friends play where both using the latest version fpse

hungsterx
Primary Device: Sonyericsson Arc S
Operating System: Android
ROM: FF8

Postby hungsterx » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Overall I like the emulator but the plugin sucks there must be better one. I want something that do the same magic as in epsxe emulator in PC. The sound too actually. the opengl plugin actually adds black lines around the objects which makes them looks worse, instead of just anti aliasing the things and put some dithering effects that makes the pixels dissapear. The sound seems to be at lower quality too. I think you should try other plugins. So we can get as good as in PC emulators. I use Sonyericsson Xperia Play and Xperia Arc S.

menasor
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Transformer Prime TF201
Operating System: Android ICS

Postby menasor » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:54 am

I agree with the black borders around 2d sprites and text. It's made me not play any games until we either get a fix that removes the black borders or can turn off filtering for 2d stuff entirely

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 pm

thefitz wrote:I'm really happy with the look and performance of 0.11.13 in software mode, so I'm just going to stick with that until all the OpenGL issues get rectified and there's a release that everybody agrees is a significant improvement.

Damn I really wish I could go back to 11.13 so I could actually use fpse again.. this 11.14 crashes and reboots the damn phone too often :(

mecce
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
ROM: Stock

Postby mecce » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:10 am

Anyone else have any experience with FF9 and the OpenGL plugin?
It seems to be extremely slow with missing graphical elements (on Galaxy S2).
Apprecite if anyone has any settings they can share...

Rellen
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Droid 3
ROM: stock

Postby Rellen » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:35 am

schtruck wrote:about SGX540 slowdown it's surely related to drivers, and i think that's the same for Andreno 220.

Peopgpuopengl plugin use much memory and try to allocated up to 256 textures progressively. Perhaps the driver is limited in term of memory allocable.

Does this mean that there's a potential fix for it coming in the future, or even a way for us to change our drivers?

rblanca
Primary Device: DROID3

Postby rblanca » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:22 am

Rellen wrote:
schtruck wrote:about SGX540 slowdown it's surely related to drivers, and i think that's the same for Andreno 220.

Peopgpuopengl plugin use much memory and try to allocated up to 256 textures progressively. Perhaps the driver is limited in term of memory allocable.

Does this mean that there's a potential fix for it coming in the future, or even a way for us to change our drivers?

I have the same problem with my droid 3 and i realized that if you set AntiAliasing ON you get a lot more FPS than without (twice more) but it's still not enough.. Maybe schtruck can do something about it.

P.D.: I forgot... with AntiAliasing OFF i have few errors like missing or wrong colors (specialy with black/white places)

Return to “News”