Fpse for Android News

mirrinigma
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus CDMA/LTE
Operating System: ICS 4.0.3

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby mirrinigma » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 pm

I am unable to even load up Legend of Legaia with the new FPSe with the new OpenGL plugin with my SCH-i515 CDMA Galaxy Nexus (SGX540)
Last version I was also able to play Diablo (PSX) relatively smoothly. Now, it has black lines in between all of the tiles and the framerate is 13-20 instead of 60-120.
These are probably effects of the AA being on constantly.

I was able to load Legend of Legaia up with the last version but it'd run at like 15-35fps, even with frameskip enabled. I have a feeling this is because the resolution is so high (it's 1184x720) -- there's no option to change the output resolution so I don't think I'll be able to use the OpenGL plugin with any games.

I am hoping to be able to play in the future with the pretty graphics of OpenGL, but until then I can stick with the software renderer. Thanks for all of the great work schtruck & LDChen, I've been following FPSe(CE) for years now, ever since I was a Windows Mobile user.

What is the e-mail we can reach you at in order to get this test version of the new plugin in order to give feedback?

edit:

It was auto save-state not playing friendly between software/OpenGL plugins that was not letting me load up LoL. All titles are still extremely lag-ridden, though. It's probably the AA issue like everyone says. I excitedly await the updated plugin.
Last edited by mirrinigma on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

bujeezus
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Acer A100
Operating System: Gingerbread 3.2

Postby bujeezus » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 pm

so i was trying to update my "es file explorer" and hit fpse which was right under it. i did not want to mess with this since i finally had the opengl running fantastic. now of course i get a force close since, i'm assuming, the opengl code is outdated. can i just delete the old plugin an download the latest one to get fpse to run? is there a way to force software mode even tho opengl mode was chosen before the crash and burn? thanks.

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:25 pm

in opengl i loaded up breath of fire 3 and it is way to bright for me to play. the previous fpse version it was fine now only gripe is the brightness.

mirrinigma
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus CDMA/LTE
Operating System: ICS 4.0.3

Postby mirrinigma » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:32 pm

bujeezus wrote:so i was trying to update my "es file explorer" and hit fpse which was right under it. i did not want to mess with this since i finally had the opengl running fantastic. now of course i get a force close since, i'm assuming, the opengl code is outdated. can i just delete the old plugin an download the latest one to get fpse to run? is there a way to force software mode even tho opengl mode was chosen before the crash and burn? thanks.

I tried this - didn't work. You have to reinstall ;_;

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:45 am

Just a note I can confirm the issues in FFIX. However about the high brightness I have found on my phone having advanced blending turned on creates the extreme brightness. I haven't found any other settings that cause it to happen. I would like to say to Schtruck, thank you so much for this update, it is fantastic, the opengl performance is great even with AA forced on. I can't wait to see how you continue to improve the emulator.

Edit: Ignore what I said about FFIX. it is working perfect for me minus the speed issue, that is likely down to FSAA being forced.
Last edited by storm20200 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

thecatinthehat
Primary Device: HP Touchpad
Operating System: Android ICS
ROM: CM9 .6 alpha

Postby thecatinthehat » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:56 am

storm20200 wrote:
ianmclauchlan wrote:Hi there, my first post on this forum!

Unfortunately i am stupid and never fully read the change log and loaded the old plugin..

So I'm wondering if i uninstall, will I lose my game saves?

Really nice work on the emulator though, well worth the money! :)

I believe you will lose save states and you will definitely lose your memory card savings unless you backup all files, this will create a backup of the memory cards and everything else onto the internal SD, I would copy them to a different location and when you install it again use the emulator options to change the memory card path to where you put the backup memory cards.

I made the same mistake but I'm having a really hard time finding the default save path. A previous post suggested /data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files/memcards but my /data directory (checked via file manager which seems to expose the entire file system) is blank. Anyone have ideas?

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:58 am

PE2 still has severe problems in OPENGL on Adreno 205

FF series also still has slowdown when menus are displayed.

sebasss
Primary Device: xperia arc
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Postby sebasss » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:30 am

nice update, software mode is perfect now you earned my 5 star review in the android market :), but the opengl mode is more buggy and ugly than before something can you do?

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:37 am

@thecatinthehat

Only thing I could suggest would be opening FPse > open settings > MISC > Backup all files.

It will create a backup of all configuration files, save states.and memory cards on your SD card or your user storage space. They will be in a folder called fpsebackup, inside that is a memcards folder containing slot1.mcd and slot2.mcd. those will contain your savings, I recommend copying them to the directory where.you store your games then just direct Fpse to those files by using the options in MISC settings. Let me know of that helps.

Is the problem you are having that Fpse closes when you load a game so you are unable to open the settings? If so turn when prompted to select an ISO press the back button if you have one, it should take you to a welcome screen which should let you access the settings without crashing.

Edit: I just checked file manager on my phone and /data is empty too, try installing ES File explorer, that is what I use and as long as you have a rooted phone you will be able to access the complete file.system by pressing favourites and going to "/"
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:54 am

Ok my findings.. game is a bit faster.. now around 52 fps average.. Chrono Cross.. video too bright. Since I could not visit forums during day at work I was not able to find out that the old opengl did not work with it and was consistently crashing but figured out if I went to remove program and cleared data I could get back in game and run it in bios mode. Old Skip mode made a big improvement over the new one and helped alot. Second thing I am happy to report Save State works now with OpenGL! Yay!

Return to “News”