Fpse for Android News

Ima need help
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO 3D
Operating System: Android
ROM: ?

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Ima need help » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:29 am

well ive tried everything you said, but still not sure, first time after i cleared cache i got this error saying it was un licensed but it doesnt now, still goes to the PlayStationTM logo and stops, im just going to have to guess it the rom, but i will download a different game and see what happens, btw TY for the help, this has had me stumped for awhile now.. but if it doesnt work with another rom i will post again in about 20mins after its down DL. PS: im pretty sure you/ me cant post sites that are for roms, but if u can message me a good site it would help.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:33 am

Ima need help wrote:well ive tried everything you said, but still not sure, first time after i cleared cache i got this error saying it was un licensed but it doesnt now, still goes to the PlayStationTM logo and stops, im just going to have to guess it the rom, but i will download a different game and see what happens, btw TY for the help, this has had me stumped for awhile now.. but if it doesnt work with another rom i will post again in about 20mins after its down DL. PS: im pretty sure you/ me cant post sites that are for roms, but if u can message me a good site it would help.

Yeah....I'm pretty sure we can't post warez sites either. But shush, the Moderators will hear you.... :shock:

Generally the PS logo staying there = Bad ROM

Where exactly did you get your copy of fpse from?
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

zdubin
Primary Device: HTC Thunderbolt
ROM: Stock Rom

Postby zdubin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:37 am

Does anyone have the openGL plugin working well on a Tegra 2 Dual Core device (Like my Xoom)? No matter what I do the games run too slow or too fast or if the speed is right, then they are just very choppy. I sound like Goldylocks and the three bears, but I can't get it right? If someone has the settings, please post them.

I set FPSE back to software mode where most games are running smoothly and working well.

Ima need help
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO 3D
ROM: ?

Postby Ima need help » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:45 am

ahhh i c. and hahah 10-4. :D

and ok thanks!! if i can ask, where might i be able to find a good rom for diablo tho? really is the only reason i bought this app! but i can live without for awhile i guess. i COULD buy the CD Again, but wouldnt care too bc i have it lying around my house some where put up!! lol.. im lazy.

and i got the version i got now, off of the android market, n the free one i will look threw my history really fast and give you link, if it isnt supposed to be free might wanna check it out.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:03 am

Don't post the link here, if anything PM me it.

And if you're looking for something on the net, google it. Best way. Chances are what you're looking for is on the first page.

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:18 am

Just a bit of a bug report:

Code: Select all

Enabling 32-bit Rendering in OpenGL mode on my Galaxy S II break the entire application for me. I started the testing by following the Mali-400 instructions since they're relevant to me, anyway, once I enable 32-bit rendering and go back to the game it's fine, but once I quit and load FPse again (to enable it) everytime I try to load an ISO it tries as hard as it can for about 5-10 seconds then it stops and asks me for the ISO again. At this point choosing another ISO does the same thing, pressing back takes me to the standard greetings screen, if I do nothing it prompts me to choose another ISO after around 5-10 seconds, if I open the menu it lets me configure it fine but if I try to quit FPse then it tries to, it starts to close then it pops up asking me to choose an ISO file indefinitely, it never stops, meaning I can't get it to stop the 32-bit rendering mode because I have to kill it from task manager to close it.

One way of making FPse usable again is to switch to software mode then attempt to quit, let it ask me to choose an ISO again and kill it. Once I boot it again it's in software mode and works fine but the OpenGL plugin is permanently broken for me unless I reinstall FPse. Could this be because my Mali-400 doesn't support 32-bit rendering? Or am I missing something vital here? Having to reinstall FPse everytime I break the OpenGL plugin seems a tad annoying as it is very high quality. I was hoping to get a nice speed bonus from the 32-bit rendering but I suppose I may have to live without it.

Note: I can reproduce this on demand.
EDIT: I'm being stupid, it's not the 32-bit rendering that breaks it, it's quitting altogether, because if I quit it saves the BIOS file to use. So that means that I can't have the BIOS loaded at boot and use the OpenGL plugin? If so how can you force HLE mode on Android?
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:51 am

@storm20200

Go into misc menu, load Opengl.
Quit, restart.
Misc menu again, load BIOS, then press hardware back key. This will unset the BIOS.
Probably restart again just to be sure.

It's a roundabout way of doing it, but it should work.

BBXiong
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus Transformer TF101
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock Rom

Postby BBXiong » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:34 am

for me, i'm using Asus Transformer on Revolution HD @ 1.6Ghz, tested FF7, FF8, Digimon World so far, all of the games can go over 60fps most the time, but if i turn on the framerate limited it will stutter... i wonder why... also, if possible, can we have a custom frame limiter value, i would like to play games a little faster, but not totally out of control.
other then that, izit possible that we have key mapping for keyboards as well(yeah, Transformer has keyboards, but i think bluetooth keyboards have the same key id as well), that would greatly improve the gameplay experience...

btw, just tested Super Robot War Alpha Gaiden, the command screen runs full speed, but battle screen are just around 30-50fps

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:09 pm

I keep getting crashes from FPSE while playing Granstream Saga, but not Android crashes - FPSE will crash with an error message about closing other applications to free up memory, etc.

It almost feels like there's a memory leak in either FPSE or the OpenGL plugin - I don't have enough tools to isolate it at the moment.

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:43 pm

@illuminerdi This is what I believe is the case since many many versions. Although the new versions are great, there is definetly a problem regarding memory usage and battery consumption.

I used 0.10.15 for a long time and after updating to newer versions it always ran somekind of choppy and the battery was draining really fast.

I hope someone finds the leak and report it to schtruck.

Return to “News”