Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:50 pm

people report problem with select button dissapeared, but it's due to the upgrade with new ovlerlay which has just 4 bitmaps instead of 5.

To see all buttons, just go to GAMEPAD menu , then Overlay PAD and another time Overlay Pad, then just go back with the Back button to Restore new default pad.

doldrums
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: asus transformer
Operating System: android
ROM: revolver

Postby doldrums » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:21 pm

thank you for the great work schtruck. i have a question - i was wondering if you'll be implementing bluetooth ps3 sixaxis support? i cannot map keys to it anymore like i used to. or am i doing something wrong?thanks again, it is impressive to see the updates at such a feverish pace. cannot wait to play my favorite square games smoothly in opengl when all the wrinkles are ironed out.

yooin14
Primary Device: galaxy s
Operating System: nothing

Postby yooin14 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:27 pm

I have question about memory card. ( sorry for being newbie)

How do I manage save files in memory card???? I wanna delete some saved file but I don't have any idea where to go.

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:39 pm

to Manage Memcards, if you have well set bios. When you run FPse at loader press VOLUME UP.

Use Bluez IME to map PS3 BT pad.

yooin14
Primary Device: galaxy s
Operating System: nothing

Postby yooin14 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:05 pm

wow.. How come i did not find this feature untill now. lol

Thanks! Schtruck

Ti3noU
Primary Device: HD2 1.3GHz /GT- i9000 1.54GHz
ROM: CM7.2 / Android 2.3.7 - CM9 / Android 4.0.3

Postby Ti3noU » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:44 pm

schtruck wrote:Use Bluez IME to map PS3 BT pad.

Would you mind to explain how to do it ? I feel stupid, I'm trying for an hour with absolutely no luck.
I just can't pair with the pad using bluez IME. Only Sixaxis Controller app works, but nothing in FPSE anymore since the update.

Thanks.

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:59 pm

WOW Shtruck. What a difference that plug in makes. I've forgotten how great Final Fantasy 7 can actually look haha.

Definitely some graphical glitches as you've stated already. Transitions into battle in FF7 freeze for a bit. I've also had the emulator crash while mashing the directional pad and pressing buttons simultaneously (On the latest update that fixed multi-touch too).

Other than that this is a GREAT UPDATE. Very impressed.

Update: Forgot to mention a few audio glitches i've come across as well. FF7 sounds for the cursor sound a little more off than before. Also the Screen scaling option with OpenGL is a little hit or miss. Looks so resize the screen, but the actually image just gets cut off on the sides rather than "squishing" to 4:3

max3000

Postby max3000 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Anyone here with a Moto Milestone? What's your experience and which ROM are you using?

Caanon
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus
Operating System: ICS

Postby Caanon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Man Shtruck, you're doin' some mighty fine work here. The new menus look great!

Just chiming in to say that fpsece still has some issues with ICS/Galaxy Nexus (can't tell which one is the cause). No amount of setting changes make it as smooth as my old Evo 4G. The OpenES plugin looks spectacular, but it plummets the framerate down to about 20 fps, regardless of orientation. You said it worked well on SGX540 chipsets, so I'm betting it's just some teething problems with ICS. Also, the dual core boost does actually lower performance of the emulator, though you said earlier that ICS is the culprit there so it sounds like you're well aware of it.

On a side note: framelimiter fix works flawlessly! I'm getting rock solid 60fps in software mode on FFVII. Even the sound works perfectly now too! Don't know if you touched it or not, but it's perfect now.

Great work so far! Definitely keeping a close eye on its development

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Caanon wrote:Man Shtruck, you're doin' some mighty fine work here. The new menus look great!

Just chiming in to say that fpsece still has some issues with ICS/Galaxy Nexus (can't tell which one is the cause). No amount of setting changes make it as smooth as my old Evo 4G. The OpenES plugin looks spectacular, but it plummets the framerate down to about 20 fps, regardless of orientation. You said it worked well on SGX540 chipsets, so I'm betting it's just some teething problems with ICS. Also, the dual core boost does actually lower performance of the emulator, though you said earlier that ICS is the culprit there so it sounds like you're well aware of it.

On a side note: framelimiter fix works flawlessly! I'm getting rock solid 60fps in software mode on FFVII. Even the sound works perfectly now too! Don't know if you touched it or not, but it's perfect now.

Great work so far! Definitely keeping a close eye on its development

I'm running ICS on my Sensation and Dualcore definitely doesn't work. If its disabled though the emulator runs fantastic. For your poor performance, I'm wondering if its something with the hardware on the galaxy nexus.

Return to “News”