Fpse for Android News

gamerr
Primary Device: desire hd
Operating System: android
ROM: gg

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby gamerr » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:15 am

Already Christmas. When a new version already? I can not stand it any longer and wait.

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:47 am

http://www.youtube.com/user/RoymustangXVI

Graphic looks nice, but average framerate on Galaxy S is not very impressive, frameskip is very visible.

Azerty16 this is a "stock" 1 GHZ Galaxy S ? Maybe you try overclock it to ~1,5 Ghz ? That should give you improvement, because when you overclock CPU also GPU will be overclocked :)

Someone was try "chainfire 3d" on Mali400 ? With 3d mode set to SGX/Qual/Tegra ?
Last edited by gregory85 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caanon
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus
Operating System: ICS

Postby Caanon » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:35 am

gregory85 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoymustangXVI

Graphic looks nice, but average framerate on Galaxy S is not very impressive, frameskip is very visible.

Video recording was enabled on the phone, meaning frame buffer capture, encoding, compression and streaming to disk was all going on while the emulator was running. Without screencapping, it should run full speed.

gamerr
Primary Device: desire hd
Operating System: android
ROM: gg

Postby gamerr » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:57 am

Put the video how the final fantasy, gran turismo 2, legend of dragun. With opengl interesting as it looks.

Mr_President
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
Operating System: Android
ROM: MIUI official

Postby Mr_President » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:47 am

gregory85 wrote:... Someone was try "chainfire 3d" on Mrali400 ? With 3d mode set to SGX/Qual/Tegra ?

THAT'S a good idea! Might wanna try that to see if it'll make more games work :).
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:19 am

Somes news,

Actually i'm fighting against somes different problems, The Mali400 pb is still not fixed, for now i have no idea, but surely something to activate for this GPU to make everything working.. The problem is that Crash happen into mali200.so system library compiled by samsung, debugging it show it crash into GPU instructions interpreter.
Not very helpfull.
I'm fighting on one other major problem with SGX540 GPU, it's a crash which happen into Config menu while OpenGL has been initialized into emulator. Actually i use PreferenceActivity API, and that where crash happen.
Even doing the Shortest code using PreferenceActivity API make EMU freezing when entering into Menu Options while OpenGL has been initialized. No Problem on tegra 2 devices or on Qualcomm devices.
So the conclusion is that to work around this problem, i'll have to remake Menu Options, a big task regarding all options... i'll have to make my own layout.
So for now the Work around i found is that: i'm curently changing the manner how FPse Option works.
Fpse start by checking if Bios has been configured, if not it will ask if you want to assign a Bios for all games.
Once set, you won't have to configure it anymore.
I'm curently adding another behavior, at loader if you press Menu button, then you change options before loading a game, options selected will be applied for this game and stored. That will avoid to enter in game into Menu option, a temporary workaround for SGX540 devices.
Actually i'm adding all Fix included into Pete OpenGL plugin, which make somes games running better.

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:11 pm

Thank you schtruck for that update :) merry christmas!

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:02 pm

gamerr wrote:As always problemy.Esche year wait for opengl will.

oh my God !!
when will you ever shut up !!
if I were a moderator i swear i would have banned you a long time ago !!

gamerr wrote:Well, I'll create my emulator. I guarantee that after two months you will see the best emulator psone. I had to do before himself, and not wait until this lazy start working on the emulator. Do not wait for opengl on this bummer. He can not. Shrek, but you're lazy and krivorukost. Throw your emulator. You still can not do anything. Just say that everything is working well.

oh how i envy your patience Phaedrus Nine, Frenchaddict and Schtruck :evil:

schtruck wrote:Somes news,
So the conclusion is that to work around this problem, i'll have to remake Menu Options, a big task regarding all options... i'll have to make my own layout.

first of all
Merry Christmas! to all of you :)

secondly
i know it's not an easy task (being a developer my self) to make menus using you own custom layout, since you would have to do the coding and design which would take a lot of time!

but to be honest that is kind of good for us !!
let me explain.

if we have custom layouts:
* it will be a lot easier to implement new features
* easier to use menus with a lot of interesting features
* faster interaction menus
* and on top of all of these a so freaking good-looking awesome menus

I mean for God sake look at these

look at this one, can you believe you could make your own controls using this menu from within FpseCE !!
you could set every button to anyplace you want !!
you could put a huge Square button on the center of the screen and play with that lol

this is FpseCE (Fpse for WinMo)
a year before Fpse for Android came and it looks 1000 times better :(
it was a GREAT feature in FpseCE and i was really sad when it didn't make it into Fpse for android :(
android menus are so f***** limited :(

i think it's time to consider this option, since everything is now nearly perfect and opengl is about to be finished, i suggest adding "Custom Layouts" to the to-do list.
we have a lot of talented designers here who would be thrilled to participate in making this feature.

and i know that you Schtruck is up to the challenge,
you just have to take the first steps and after that everything would be a lot easier.

Sorry for the long post :)
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:01 pm

i900frenchaddict YOU ARE OUR HERO :)

Thank you and merry christmas.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Sad to see that dick head has been mouthing off again, but I'm glad he's been banned. He was warned last time, thanks Frenchaddict :)

I just popped in today to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, I hope you are all having a good day. And I wish all of you all the best for the new year.

To the certain few, you will know who you are...hopefully. It has been a pleasure being a member of this forum for a 2nd year, I've met some really great people. This goes for the old members that don't stop by as much, and the ones that still do. You're all great guys.

I'm a little drunk...meh

HAPPY CHRISTMAS
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

Return to “News”