Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:58 pm

ok FPse 0.10.55 is now on the market:

- New language support ES,DE,IT
- Fixed many bugs, new games works like Megaman Legend 2,Valkyrie Profile...
- Cheat menu enhanced ,frequency and 0xDxxxxxx supported
- Fixed Disc swap problem with many games.
- Fixed Mdec emulation, which is much more accurate now.
- Fixed slowdown in FF games
- Fixed Zeemote support for PAD1 and PAD2
- Fixed IcontrolPAD Digital PAD emulation
- Fixed PAD2 emulation
- Fixed bug which caused somes crash randomly when returning from menu or background.

This version include two easter eggs....

About Xperia Play analog Pads, i have to rewrite a part of FPse. this is my new task now. surely for next version.

mirek190
Primary Device: I9000 and I9100
ROM: 2.3.4

Postby mirek190 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:13 pm

What about PL translation what I made 2 monts ago ?

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Azerty16 wrote:Seriously guy don't expect a PS2 emu on smartphone before a long time, PCSX2 is a really good emulator but you need a good CPU even for running game in the native resolution, have you ever try to run a PS2 game on a netbook or even on a laptop?

And i'm pretty sure a gamecube emulator would be more possible, the gamecube emu dolphin run most gamecube game great even on a low end CPU.
But seriously a smartphone will never run a PS2 game before a real CPU not those shitty Tegra 2 and future Tegra 3 CPU.

While I agree that a tegra 2 couldn't handle ps2 emulation, tegra 3 just might. It's going to be a quad-core 1.5ghz part, so it should have the muscle. The real trick iis that pcsx2 is built for x86 hardware, and it would take a lot of work to get it running efficiently on arm. We'll see. I've been following emulation for years, and the general tune is always "system x won't be emulated for decades, the hardware can't handle it", but a couple years later, it can.

mirek190
Primary Device: I9000 and I9100
ROM: 2.3.4

Postby mirek190 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Who could even imagination a few years ago that we can be able to emulate psx or n64 on cellphones 8-) . And soon probably DC , PS 2 ans Gamecube as well.

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby hiei » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:03 pm

According to market its still 10. 54 and ive uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing different. Might need to reupload.

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Clear your Market Cache if you don't see the update. I had the same issue.

Ti3noU
Primary Device: HD2 1.3GHz /GT- i9000 1.54GHz
ROM: CM7.2 / Android 2.3.7 - CM9 / Android 4.0.3

Postby Ti3noU » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:30 pm

LouCipher wrote:While I agree that a tegra 2 couldn't handle ps2 emulation, tegra 3 just might. It's going to be a quad-core 1.5ghz part, so it should have the muscle. The real trick iis that pcsx2 is built for x86 hardware, and it would take a lot of work to get it running efficiently on arm. We'll see. I've been following emulation for years, and the general tune is always "system x won't be emulated for decades, the hardware can't handle it", but a couple years later, it can.

PCSX2 wasn't able to use more than two cores before a few days, and now that it does (even if it's not that well), many games still aren't full speed with a quad @ 4.6GHz, with x86/x64 instruction sets and optimizations as well as a much more powerful architecture (a few times faster per clock), an insane bus/memory bandwidth, and a few hundred times faster GPU.
Don't fall into Nvidia marketing tricks, Kal El (Tegra 3) won't be able to handle PS2 emulation, or optimistically, maybe a few 2D games not running close to full speed at best (maybe more possible with a GC emu though, since it's an easier one to emulate), but it does require much more power than a poor Tegra 3 still to run a 3D game at decent framerates.
Any low end C2D will trash Tegra 3 CPU in real world performance (Nvidia lies about it being on par with E7200 are just pathetic - and still, an E7200 is a low end mobile C2D, not able to handle 90% of PS2 games at reasonable speed).

Thanks to Schtruck and Yonghz we can play PSX and N64 already and that's incredibly awesome. We should all wait patiently that we get enough grunt from our smartphones for PS2 and GC emulation, and enjoy what is possible as of now.

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby hiei » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Force closes on xperia play when trying to open cheat menu.

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Force closing on Cheats on the Sensation as well.

I must say though Shtruck, best easter egg yet :-)

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:17 am

Final fantasy slowdown has not been fixed. I just updated and loaded up ff9, and I get the same results. Battle starts, everything is fine at 60fps until the menus show up, then it's down to 35fps. If I hold square to hide the menus, it's right back up to 60fps. I see no improvement at all.

Return to “News”