Fpse for Android News

dabomb224
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Liberty 1.5

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby dabomb224 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi all. As much as I think that it's awesome that we now have limited external pad support, I hope that all of this attention on making different pads perfectly compatible isn't taking attention away from optimizing performance. While many games (like Final Fantasy 7) are running fast and smooth, there are still others with decent slowdown (Chrono Cross).

Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku
Primary Device: t8585

Postby Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:44 pm

dabomb224 wrote:Hi all. As much as I think that it's awesome that we now have limited external pad support, I hope that all of this attention on making different pads perfectly compatible isn't taking attention away from optimizing performance. While many games (like Final Fantasy 7) are running fast and smooth, there are still others with decent slowdown (Chrono Cross).

External pad support isn't limited. 'Fast overlay mode' is now handling pads as it does in fpsece.
Performance optimisations are mostly up to the guys making the hardware yet.
Enjoying 'playing' ps1 games on your phone came mainly with fpsece on cpu's like the snapdragon and newer one's. (french might tell you something else here)(and other hardware of course)
Fpsece and therefore fpse for android had performance optimisations for the last 10 years and to really get more performance out of the code,
it would have to be rewritten entirely with a lot of concerns on the compatibility for plugins like for audio and Video etc.. Those are programs on themselves.

Short:
Speed will come with faster devices/plugins which aren't far away and eventually already arrived.
The main concern is still compatibility for games.
Though i could be wrong, i think schtrucks attention on 'perfect pads', as you say, has something else in mind. ;) Surely it has something to do with compatibility.
tatsumaki's corner
Minds are like parachutes, they both work best when open.

dabomb224
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Liberty 1.5

Postby dabomb224 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Perhaps optimization for phones running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) could improve performance a bit more. I know that 2.3 brought new Graphical and Sound coding improvements, and now that many higher end phones are being upgraded to it, maybe we could somehow take advantage of these improvements?

will5
Primary Device: HTC DESIRE

Postby will5 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Well... at 1ghz, sound is still really bad here, so maybe a little optimizations on the android platform, could be made. Earlier version of fpse runs a lot slower than the latest ones.

Changing some options while playing, sometimes makes you lost half the fps. So there is room to improve.

v--t
Primary Device: desire nd
Operating System: Windows xp

Postby v--t » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:01 am

Schtruck answerplease. Do not ignore the message. Whenthere will be a newversion? What changes will be??? Tell thoughabove what you work

v--t

Postby v--t » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:03 am

I ask to not ignore
the message.

bluencool
Primary Device: HTC Desire

Postby bluencool » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am

v--t wrote:Schtruck answer please. Do not ignore the message. Whenthere will be a new version? What changes will be??? Tell thoughabove what you work

Hi v--t, which game are you currently playing on fpse? In what way is the performance so bad that none of the 38 updates are improving your experience?

I think it will be clearer and more sincere to explain your problems first, then ask schtruck to address them.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:38 am

Hi all.

The next update will be for tombraider 1-2 compatibility.
the problem is schtruck had to locate the problem which he have.
it was to do with audio plugins. The freezing.
He had to optimize audio lock disablement.
which he done with fpsece. So the winmo Version could play them.
Plus he's working on overlays,why people having so many problem
with speed issues

Hope that answers some question
Regarding the next updated version.

Catch ya later....
Last edited by crualfoxhound on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

v--t

Postby v--t » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:40 am

I play soul river, k-1 2001. These games brake. пробывал and the admission of shots. All the same not completely играбельны. Also a sound in games the bad. If you include smoothing that productivity worsens. And without it it is bad to play. Here such problems at me. Hands not curves. It would be desirable to learn still about OpenGL.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:48 am

v--t wrote:I play soul river, k-1 2001. These games brake. пробывал and the admission of shots. All the same not completely играбельны. Also a sound in games the bad. If you include smoothing that productivity worsens. And without it it is bad to play. Here such problems at me. Hands not curves. It would be desirable to learn still about OpenGL.

Open gl be the last optimization on fpse.
Schtruck got more important fixes to be done first.

PS me and schtruck had a chat about optimizing. Fpse for 2.3 support its possible.
but there would more than likely be a a different version that need to be downloaded.
But he would havee to work on 2 different build.
but if he do that the new build would be free to thoughts
Who allready bought it.
but that's is a something I wouldn't get hope up anytime soon.
cos he needs to find a way on the market place
So it only would run on 2.3 with allready bought user.

Catch ya later.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

Return to “News”