Fpse for Android News

mirek190
Primary Device: I9000 and I9100
ROM: 2.3.4

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby mirek190 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Schtruck will be OpenGL ES support in the future ? If yes, in that case when.

Thanks

gormie84
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i-9000
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Voodoo 5 lagfix

Postby gormie84 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Phaedrus Nine wrote:EDIT:
Just noticed, if I use the Boost function with Ace Combat 2, none of the on-screen keys work. Switch it off, and they're all fine again. Shame because the game stutters a lot in landscape without boost on.

strange.. ac2 works just fine on my galaxy s on full screen and in landscape too.. my settings are frame limiter on and frameskip to 15 and its as fast as it should be.

dgg04
Primary Device: Droid
ROM: stock

Postby dgg04 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:50 pm

LaLa wrote,
How do you do a memory card save? I tried to make a folder on my SD card and direct it to that folder but it did not work. I'm a major noob when it comes to these things so sorry. And now every single time I start up MGS disk 1, it has no sound at all. Should I re-install it and then start it with memory card saves? Thanks for taking the time to help me, appreciate it.

EDIT: So I converted those 2 files that I had from the other emulator, forget its name and then MGS worked. After I had the memory cards all set up, I chose MGS and it loaded with sound! But then the most frustrating part happened, I saved, and exited the emulator to test it out. I then opened MGS up and its freakin back to square one, no sound, tried to load the file, and then it crashes. What the hell is happening. I've been asking you Schtruck for awhile but you keep ignoring me.

LaLa all I did to get MGS running with Fpse was the following...

1. Turn HLE mode off in System options
2. Selected the bios (scph1001)
3. Turn on Spu Sync in audio options
4. Load MGS from the .cue file, make sure to have the .bin and .cue in the same folder on your phone
5. You should now be able to get to the main menu screen and have sound (If not, maybe there is an issue with the copy of MGS you are using, PM me and I can provide you with a link to one I know works)
6. Choose new game
7. Once you have gotten to speak with Mei Ling, you can use her to save by selecting her from the memory option in your codec (select button)
8. You can now load these saves from the load option on the main screen when you start MGS.

Sorry I don't know about transferring your old saves because I have no old saves.

If all this fails you may try to go to "data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" and delete everything except "bios", "memcards" and "sstates".
(Note you need to be rooted to do this last bit)

linxbek
Primary Device: Galaxy S

Postby linxbek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:57 pm

sad but i still have sticky key issue :(
psx4droid did not had such a bug, may be if you will see its code ... ?

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:14 pm

linxbek wrote:sad but i still have sticky key issue :(
psx4droid did not had such a bug, may be if you will see its code ... ?

Yeah, I still have the issue too. This last update is faster and everything is smooth but the controls. I've tried both onscreen controls and hardware (keypad) and the sticky key issues keeps rearing it's ugly head. Also I noticed my multi-touch doesn't work when using onscreen controls.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:18 pm

sticky key is not related to Multitouch now, as someone wrote just previosuly, it only occur on Dpad, i'll take a look to see what can happen, but the best would to describe how i can reproduce it. Because until now, i have no sticky key.

About OpenGL, i've started the port of the FPseCE OpenGL plugin, i think on Android it can be interresting, because on Wince we were limited in memory, and texture caches was too short, i just hope OpenGL in Android will let me allocate much memory..

In references, on My HD2, FpseCE ran Crash Bandicoot 1 between 25 and 30 fps in game with only 32 texture cached...

To get full speed 256 textures caches would make things running much faster..

HDM
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
ROM: Froyo

Postby HDM » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Sticky keys is only in Dpad for the moment for me, and in general in diagonals, try it in crash bandicot 3 for example and stages 1 or 3
-PSX4FPse- -PadSx3- -Skins For Android-

Kierek
Primary Device: HTC Sensation @1566 MHz
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3

Postby Kierek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Hm.. I don't know how it's exactly happening, but what I know for sure, that this is happening very often in Spider-Man NTSC, in level "Police Chopper Chase".

When I'm running straight forward, I'm just holding D-PAD up, then pressing hardware key (X jump button), then releasing DPAD and pressing R2 soft key(no multitouch on my phone :(). He swings, and when lands on building, he is still running forward(with no DPAD pressed.) When i press left/right he turns this way, down makes him stop(after releasing he continues to run forward). After pressing forward, he stops.

Sometimes, while fighting with DPAD he just jumps and swings o_O. Strange.

I hope that my crappy English got along.

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Kierek wrote:Hm.. I don't know how it's exactly happening, but what I know for sure, that this is happening very often in Spider-Man NTSC, in level "Police Chopper Chase".

When I'm running straight forward, I'm just holding D-PAD up, then pressing hardware key (X jump button), then releasing DPAD and pressing R2 soft key(no multitouch on my phone :(). He swings, and when lands on building, he is still running forward(with no DPAD pressed.) When i press left/right he turns this way, down makes him stop(after releasing he continues to run forward). After pressing forward, he stops.

Sometimes, while fighting with DPAD he just jumps and swings o_O. Strange.

I hope that my crappy English got along.

Yes, that is exactly what happens to me. I believe the sticky key issue is isolated to the d-pad

mirek190
Primary Device: I9000 and I9100
ROM: 2.3.4

Postby mirek190 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Thanks for answer schtruck.

I'll really loockig foward to get OpenGL in FPse.

Return to “News”