View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413 ... 670  Next
 Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback 

Primary Device: Samsung GalaxySIII(SGH-I747M)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock
Post Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback
thefitz wrote:
I find that when I switch between software and opengl, whatever settings were set before the switch stay on permanently. Try setting the settings to what you want, switching to opengl, restart, switch back, and you should be good (or vice versa)

(This is about the Special Screen Size setting, btw)

Tried that, it did not save the setting. He had fixed the issue back in version 0.11.25 or something, and it broke again either 0.11.27 or .28.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:40 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
madenssblade wrote:
the poket iso tool output the files .bz but fpse app dont read them

Weird, it should output 2 files like .Z and .Ztable or .ZNX or stuff like that

.bz is really weird!

IMO, I can't see a real advantage in using PocketIso with Android, since we can't rip XAstreams and AudioTracks to MP3, like we used to do with Windows Mobile (in Android, it results as no music in games...)
You can rip videos, but for me it's a shame :lol:
So trying to use pocketIso without ripping sounds or videos is kinda vain in my opinion

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
Zaroff wrote:
Ummm, why is the matter of not being able to save screen ratio preferences purposefully ignored at all times? Any conspiracy we should know of?

There's no consiracy Zaroff. As far as I know, Schtruck is the only developer. He has a history / reputation for often not responding. He also has a reputation for quitely listening, and working on the code quitely in the background. In my experience over the past 6 months, he tends to ebb and flow with his updates - he'll go a while without updates, then release several. We know he was on vacation for a while - but while he was not actively responding I know he was sproadically reading the forums. I know about a week (or more?) ago he posted for the first time in several weeks so I believe he's back now, though I don't know if he left again for more summer outings. So, be assured he knows of the issue. As I said, I believe he's the only one that can fix it.

i900frenchaddict wrote:
IMO, I can't see a real advantage in using PocketIso with Android

I've never used it. I don't really see the advantage though, since we can use 16 and 32 gig SD cards, it seems that you can either have different SD cards, or just get a bigger one. If you have that many games, just move some off your SD card (copy to PC / other) to make room. because we have all the space, we don't really need to use pocketiso to make games smaller. It was probably more useful years ago when larger SD cards weren't available / too expensive.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:16 pm
Guru

Kiesman wrote:
thefitz wrote:
I find that when I switch between software and opengl, whatever settings were set before the switch stay on permanently...

(This is about the Special Screen Size setting, btw)

Tried that, it did not save the setting. He had fixed the issue back in version 0.11.25 or something, and it broke again either 0.11.27 or .28.

As Kiesman said, the settings that 'stay' between changing from openGL and softGPU are the ones the are already configured. Since the scrren size isn't 'sticking' it won't keep betwen openGL and softGPU.

Kiesman - nice input about the version differences and the screen size. I didn't know that.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:38 pm
Global Moderator

bluezeak wrote:
I've never used it. I don't really see the advantage though, since we can use 16 and 32 gig SD cards, it seems that you can either have different SD cards, or just get a bigger one. If you have that many games, just move some off your SD card (copy to PC / other) to make room. because we have all the space, we don't really need to use pocketiso to make games smaller. It was probably more useful years ago when larger SD cards weren't available / too expensive.

And beside the iso size, PocketIso is/was a must have for FpseCE users, people with good old Windows Mobile, since it was often giving a boost in fps, and sound was perfect once XAstreams or AudioTracks ripped to MP3. I may say sound was better on Windows Mobile than on Android.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Guru

Ohh, I didn't realize that. Can we rip the audio on our PCs. if so how would we get thegames to work with ripped audio? Having perfect audio would be great.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:35 pm
Global Moderator

Sadly, it just doesn't work with Android, every ripped sound results in NO sound with Android. For example, in Tekken 3, you'll have no music, just the sounds of the fighters, in Gran Turismo, same: no music, just the sounds of the engine and car crashes...
It's a problem with something missing in Android that wasn't solved so far.

So pocketIso was the best tool for Windows Mobile, but is completly vain for Android

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66
hi everybody, i'm back from long vacation....

i have done somes interresting progress For the next version of FPse.... Fixed the mono problem when SPUSYnC is ON. that's far better now.

I have added the Button A and B from the Guncon to the screen to the Top left Corner and Bottom Left COrner. Those button are invisible let clean screen.
That easier now to play TimeCrisis...

Redone completely the cheating Menu and Cheating code, now you have to import a file then all cheats will appear into a new menu with Name of CHeat and Check box to activate individually each CHeat. All Cheats format are now supported, this work very well.
The .txt file must look like this one , here for TimeCrisis 2 US:

#Infinite Health#
8007D484 0003
#Infinite Time#
80022F06 2400
#Infinite Ammo#
8007D47C 0006
#Overall Time Is 0:00:00#
80022FA2 2400
#Infinite Credits#
8007D408 0004

Once loaded, you have a New sub Menu from Cheat menu, Called Cheat Set/Unset on which you ll see :

Infinite Health X
Infinite Time X
Infinite Ammo X
Overall Time Is 0:00:00 X
Infinite Credits X

Just activate or unactivate the one you'll want and enjoy easy playing...

I fixed many bugs too and found that my Tablet ASUS Transformer TF101 won't run FPse any more, so i made huge investigation during many days and finally found that the last version that worked well on my tablet was FPse 0.11.26, and after losing many hairs, i finally found that was a Bug of the GCC Compiler provided with the Last Android SDK!!!! the Code Generated is not compatible with Tegra 2 when ARMV7 optimisation is set.

So there is two solutions now, i do not activate ARMV7 optimisation, but i have no idea if there will have real Framerate lost. Or i rollback to old Gcc version, but the last one generate better code. Here is the Deal.

If anyone want to compare the current version COmpiled for ARMV6 and report if there is Framerate lost, contact me at schtruck@gmail.com

I'm a bit afraid that this problem exist on other devices.... especialy with Tegra 2 CPU. ANy report?

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:20 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Guru

Welcome back!

Thanks Soo much for the update!

Good work on the find on the gcc compiler. Is there ant chance of getting the compiler fixed/updated so that you can still use the arm 7 enhancements? It seems like fixing the compiler would be the best option (option #3). That's something that I would think Android devs would be talking about in dev forums which is something I don't really pay attention too.
    options
    - get updated compiler?
    - If you did go back to the old code / compiler, wouldn't you eventually need to start using the new compiler?
    - Can you give an option that would allow us to turn off the arm enhancements, or does it require a complete recompile (totally different version of FPSE)?

Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:20 am
Enthusiast

Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1
Welcome back from your holiday Schtruck.

Would it be possible to get some input into how the subchannel loading actually works, on a specific level. It doesn't seem to work for all games and your knowledge might be able to help us figure out why it seems to be hit and miss. If you want some extra details on specific problems here is a link: viewtopic.php?p=28984#p28984

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413 ... 670  Next