Old threads
Jay
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Operating System: WinMo6.1 (for now)
ROM: Stock ROM

Hello All

Postby Jay » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:03 am

I am new to the entire concept of cooked ROMs, .ini files, and the FPSECE experience. I have downloaded the .cab for FPSECE. After I install it, where do I go to download games? What is an .ini file and what does it do? I am currently beginning my electronics engineering degree and a little explaination will go a long way for me. I know how forums work. I am sure everyone gets tired of answering the same questions. I have searched the site and not yet found the answers to these. Please help.

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Re: Hello All

Postby D69K » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:38 am

about ini file ..

ini stands for Initialization file
it's basically the settings file of the FpseCE
FpseCE doesn't have all the settings in the GUI (graphical user interface) ..
so sometimes you have to use the ini file to modify these settings !!
you can open ini files using notepad or any other text editor you have (MS-Word if using your PPC is very nice)

and you don't have to modify anything unless you have a problem with the stock ini
CloudStrife86 is working on a guide to describe every little detail in the ini file so be sure to check the forum from time to time !!
meanwhile you car read this http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/download/file.php?id=116

about ROMs ..
i recommend xda-develoers.com you will find a bunch of custom made roms and guides for almost every WM device ..

about games ..
no warez talk allowed in here :evil: !!
but google would help you a lot ;) !!

good luck :)
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

Jay
Fresh Fish

Postby Jay » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:47 am

D69K,
Thanks so much for the info. I didn't know about the warez rule. You have been an incredible help.

mastanobu
Addict
Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)
Operating System: build 21887 6.5
ROM: Josh's PerfectBlack 1.7-FINAL

Postby mastanobu » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:02 am

Most forums do not allow you to post links to Warez, or illegal software downloads. But yes, google is helpful when searching playstation iso.
Find me at http://www.totalgamerz.com - Ryo
XDA - ryotgz

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Postby CloudStrife86 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:07 am

Unless I'm going a little senile, I'm pretty sure I've made the forum rules easy to see from every page.
When it says "All users read BEFORE posting", but I see people posting without having followed this simple instruction, it irritates me ever so slightly.
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

mastanobu
Addict

Postby mastanobu » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:11 am

CloudStrife86 wrote:Unless I'm going a little senile, I'm pretty sure I've made the forum rules easy to see from every page.
When it says "All users read BEFORE posting", but I see people posting without having followed this simple instruction, it irritates me ever so slightly.

Perhaps we're all going a little crazy..... :lol:
XDA - ryotgz

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator

Postby CloudStrife86 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:14 am

mastanobu wrote:
CloudStrife86 wrote:Unless I'm going a little senile, I'm pretty sure I've made the forum rules easy to see from every page.

Perhaps we're all going a little crazy..... :lol:

You're probably right. :roll:
I have to say though, it's beginning to feel like some people are trying to get on my nerves, with the amount of time I've had to spend telling them off recently. :|
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

mastanobu
Addict

Postby mastanobu » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:20 am

CloudStrife86 wrote:You're probably right. :roll:
I have to say though, it's beginning to feel like some people are trying to get on my nerves, with the amount of time I've had to spend telling them off recently. :|

Yea, but you're doing a damn good job at it though! 8-)
XDA - ryotgz

Jay
Fresh Fish

Postby Jay » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:42 am

One thousand apologies. I did look for rules in the general section not thinking it would be listed in the "news" section. This is my mistake and I will not make it again. I am not trying to get on anyones' nerves as I do not know any of you. I am especially not trying to get kicked off by a moderator the day after I got here. I simply thought the news section was new updates for those that had been here before. Again, I apologize.

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator

Postby CloudStrife86 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Don't worry about it Jay. :)
If you care to look near the top of the page though, you'll notice that the forum rules are linked (text highlighted in orange). This is true of every page.

Return to “Archives”