View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 FpseCe not working very well on my Samsung Omnia B7610. 
Fresh Fish

Post FpseCe not working very well on my Samsung Omnia B7610.
Hello!

I'm having a few problems getting FpseCe working like it should on my Samsung B7610. The main problem is that the sound is slow and terribly out of sync. It chops and sometimes consists of only loud noises. It's not keeping the same tempo either, it's speeding up and slowing down at times, sometimes skipping forward whenever it feels like it. I've noticed that when no sound is being played the games seem to run smooth, but as soon as a sound is playing it can freeze for a second or slow the games down a lot.

I don't know what info you need about the phone. It runs on a Samsung S3C6410 CPU, dedicated graphics, WinMobile 6.5 and I've got about 40mB of free RAM when I run FpseCe. I've tried the different graphics modes, but nothing seems to change no matter which graphic mode I choose. I've fiddled around in the fpse.ini but nothing I've done has helped. I've tried with both LastSPU=0peopspu109.dll and LastSPU=peopspu109.dll but even though I've noticed that games like Final Fantasy VII sound a lot better with the second choice it hasn't changed the performance of the games at all.

Games I've tried are:
Final Fantasy Tactics - Game works, but sound is weird and choppy. Strange pitches and game slows down a lot when sounds play. And music is in a very slow tempo.
Final Fantasy VII - Same as above. Game actually runs pretty well, except the sounds is too slow, choppy and also has weird noises. And occassionally slows down.
Gran Turismo 2 - Don't work at all.
Crash Team Racing - Works the best, but still got the same problems with the sound and game runs too slow.
Wipeout 2097 - Don't work at all.

Here is the fpse.ini I currently use:
http://www.moment22.net/fpse.ini
I've tried a lot in there, but since I don't know what all the things in there does I've mostly made a lot of chances and hoped for the best. None have payed off.

I'm using version 0.10.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:35 am
Addict

Primary Device: xperia play
Post Re: FpseCe not working very well on my Samsung Omnia B7610.
you need to turn all 3 volume buttons up, LastSPU=peopspu109.dll is the main thing i change for sound it trail and error on what isbest for each game. keep an eye on the fps if its not fullspeed sound will be worse. you will find that if your phone is not fast enough (is it 800mhz) when you turn sound on game will be slower compared to sound off due to the power needed. if your phone is what i think it is using keypad also slows it down.

but in this current version sound isnt perfect its always a bit choppy or strange sounding even on my tg01 which is one the most compatible phones for fpsece. saying that ive never used pocketiso to convert sounds so that may help.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:46 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
tony wrote:
ut in this current version sound isnt perfect its always a bit choppy or strange sounding even on my tg01 which is one the most compatible phones for fpsece. saying that ive never used pocketiso to convert sounds so that may help.

If you've never used PocketISO, you are probably not using your TG01 to the best of its abilities. If you compress a game with XA records, you not only get better sound, but also higher fps. I know the last bit is unnecessary for you phone, but I'm sure you wouldn't grumble at decent sound. ;)

@Caper
Like tony said, the sound in general is pretty poor, unless like I said above, you rip XA records with PocketISO. Note that not all games (actually, very few that I've come across) have XA records, but use other methods for sound.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:41 pm
Addict

Primary Device: xperia play
CloudStrife86 wrote:
If you've never used PocketISO, you are probably not using your TG01 to the best of its abilities. If you compress a game with XA records, you not only get better sound, but also higher fps. I know the last bit is unnecessary for you phone, but I'm sure you wouldn't grumble at decent sound. ;)

thanks, i assume that my benifits will be smaller size iso and sound improvements on games with xa streams, i will see if any games i want to run have xa and give it a try, i woud love perfect sound the little menu noise being distorted in final fantasys makes me sad :lol:

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:22 pm
Fresh Fish

PocketISO has caused some problems for the games I've compressed with it, sometimes they wont even start. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Most games I've tried have been uncompressed. Will it make such a big difference to compress them?

Yes, my phone is 800 mhz. Considering the other phones that can run the games fairly smooth I assumed mine should be able to also, but I'm also aware that the clock speed is not the only thing that matters. Had no idea that a keyboard would drag down the performance of the emulator, but I wouldn't want a phone without a keyboard either, which is why I have this one. ;)

I'm convinced that it should run much better than it does on my B7610. I'll fiddle around with it a bit. Might even post up how I did if I get it to work properly. :)

Btw, which graphics driver should I use? DirectX? Which would be the quickest? As far as I've tried all seems to work for me, but which one should be the fastest to use? Speed is more important than looks at this moment.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:25 pm
Guru

Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)
Operating System: build 21887 6.5
ROM: Josh's PerfectBlack 1.7-FINAL
Be sure you are using normal compression when using PocketISO.

Caper wrote:
Btw, which graphics driver should I use? DirectX? Which would be the quickest? As far as I've tried all seems to work for me, but which one should be the fastest to use? Speed is more important than looks at this moment.

If your device can use GFXDRV=4 (DirectX) correctly, I would recommend using that. You should get more FPS that way.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]