View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Problems with Metal Gear Solid and Syphon Filter.. 

Post Problems with Metal Gear Solid and Syphon Filter..
Hi guys..i first got that problem @ Syphon Filter..I start the ame..all works fine..just after a while suddenly if i press any key it goes back to WinMo..

@Metal Gear Solid all videos are too fast..if i get assignments everything is too fast so i have to press X to speak normally to the people so that i can read everything..

Most of the time everything is working fine, but now 3rd time i just flew out like in Syphon Filter..after maybe 15 minutes all of a sudden..I really don't know why and if it will happen every time cause i didn't play longer than 20 minutes continuously..

After requesting i900frenchaddict i tried removing (or putting again) the 0 in front of LastSPU=0peopspu109.dll but it didn't help aswell..

What could that problem of just crashing out be?
Is there any solution?
Greetz Benni

E: I got the tg01 (Wm 6.5)

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:20 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Post Re: Problems with Metal Gear Solid and Syphon Filter..
I haven't tried Syphon Filter, but I can confirm that MGS crashes for me as well. It always seems to happen at a room-change, or any other point that the screen goes black. By the way, have you tried enabling "SPUsync" for MGS (in the ini)?

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:17 am

Nope im gonna try it now..which phone do u got?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:17 am
Global Moderator

SE Xperia X1. According to Schtruck, you must use SPUsync to run MGS.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:32 am

Yep, sry..i already fixed that but that doesn't changethe problem..

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:48 am

try making sure SPUSync is changed in the metalgear.cfg and check your isos.

I had trouble with MGS before but seems to be working now! Managed to get up to the bit where you first meet meryl.

Syphon filter is again another game I had issues with but now magically it works... maybe try compressing it again>?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Can you post your inis for the 2 games? 8-)

And again what do i need to compress..

Now i don't take hands on the squarwes where u an rip videos etc..i just compress maximum..nothing else..what would you suggest for the best?

EDIT: So i tried it now again..the SPUSync was off..i played maybe 20 min..now i just did nothing special..just walked and it went off to winmo..

I also have too fast videos and to fast speaking...if i talk to someone i need to press x so it slows on normal speed..then i can press O to get further..so..any ideas?^^

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:35 am
Global Moderator

RageCore wrote:
Now i don't take hands on the squarwes where u an rip videos etc..i just compress maximum..nothing else..what would you suggest for the best?

That might be a problem right there... When you compress it, leave the compression option as "normal", don't change it to maximum. Every game I've tried at max compression has had problems.

RageCore wrote:
So i tried it now again..the SPUSync was off..i played maybe 20 min..now i just did nothing special..just walked and it went off to winmo..

For MGS you need to have SPUsync ON, i.e. SPUsync=1.

RageCore wrote:
I also have too fast videos and to fast speaking...if i talk to someone i need to press x so it slows on normal speed..then i can press O to get further..so..any ideas?^^

This is probably caused by the maximum compression thing.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Except the fact that nobody answers my posts x), Syphon Filter is still not working with normal compression, without any compression, with SpuSync off and on..its just randomly crashing...-.-

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:09 pm
Global Moderator

RageCore wrote:
Except the fact that nobody answers my posts x), Syphon Filter is still not working with normal compression, without any compression, with SpuSync off and on..its just randomly crashing...-.-

Have you not considered that Syphon Filter just doesn't work? I mean, MGS doesn't really work and I can imagine that SF will be similar in that respect.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next