View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 CanI press two on-scr buttons simultanously (not MultiKeys)? 

Primary Device: Toshiba TG01
Operating System: 6.5
Post CanI press two on-scr buttons simultanously (not MultiKeys)?
I'm still have my problems configuring on-screen buttons.

Can i actually press two on-screen buttons at the same time? (And I don't mean mapping two buttons into one of the number buttons with multikeys.)

Like Crash Bandicoot for example. All I really want to do is run forward (hold 'arrow up') and then jump (i.e. press X while I'm still holding 'arrow up') when I get to an obstacle? Sounds easy, but I seem to be too stupid. Not only will it not jump, but all the buttons between the arrow-up key and the X key get pressed too (and having no buttons in-between doesn't do the trick either). I tried this with the button setting as well as stylus setting (making the fox move by moving finger upwards, the pressing X key).

It's the same for all games on my Toshiba TG01. Like running and shooting for example.

Working around that is too much of a bother. Like mapping X and arrow-up into one key (say "1"), since I don't have the momentum to jump far enough. And I would have to use multikey for every possible direction as well.

Is this just not possible (may be due to WM6.5 not supporting multitouch), or am I being stupid? If it's the latter, I would be grateful for an idiot-prove explanation on what to do.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:17 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: Android from SD ;)
ROM: DesireZ v2.2
Post Re: CanI press two on-scr buttons simultanously (not MultiKeys)?
Your TG01 doesn't support multitouch (press more than one button at the same time) - the only device that supports multitouch on windows mobile is the HTC HD2.

But you can use a trick to get a 'fake' multitouch on your TG01 - like me on my Omnia II i8000:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUvvzDPdQjk (more info on video-details)

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Primary Device: Toshiba TG01
Operating System: 6.5
Post Re: CanI press two on-scr buttons simultanously (not MultiKeys)?
Thank you very much for clearing that up. Now I can stop spending my days trying to make this work.

I'm using your trick for fake multi-touch. You're a nifty little fellow. Downloaded your D-pad skin as well while I was at it.

Thanks again.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]