View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 [SKINS] SimonMallion's Skin Pack (All screen resolution) 

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.x
ROM: Stock
Post [SKINS] SimonMallion's Skin Pack (All screen resolution)
Firstly, I would like to say thank you to everyone who voted for this skin to become the default skin for FpseCE, I really appreciate all of the comments and suggestions you have given me (keep them coming). I apologise if you have suggested something and I haven't implemented it yet (I will get round to it when I get some free time, I have been busy adding the 320x320 resolution graphics).

Secondly, can I please ask that if you try this skin can you give me some feedback if you find any bugs as I am unable to test the 320x320, WQVGA & QVGA modes. If you do find a bug can you please screenshot it if possible so I can fix it easier :)

Here are some random screenshots:

WVGA Screenshots:
Main Menu
Digital Pad
GSensor
Settings 1/2
Settings 2/2

VGA Screenshots:
Multikeys
Onscreen Keys

320x320 Screenshots:
Main Menu
Save State

Version History:
1.0 - First release of skin pack.
1.01 - Added 320x320 resolution, moved rotate buttons to the heading area for W resolutions. All layouts should now look very similar (except for 320x320 resolution due to limited space), updates should be easier due to a lot of shared graphics now. Increased size of buttons where possible.
1.02 - Fixed button positions for QVGA and WQVGA resolutions (thanks Cim)
1.03 - Fixed item positions for SQVGA resolutions for menus 3, 4 and 10 (thanks Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku), also 240x240 resolution is now supported thanks to Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku.
1.04 - Fixed left button size for 240X50 and 320X70, fixed volume control for 240X210, fixed digital, stylus and guncon indicator positions for 240X210 (may be as a result of scaling). Thanks to Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku for testing these :)
1.05 - Many fixes to all resolutions (as a result of checking using my skin tool which you can find here: http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=854), fixes include: menu3 buttons 3 and 7 were incorrect, frameskip less button also not working (WVGA and WQVGA), menu4 buttons 3 and 7 were incorrect, menu9 R3 position incorrect (VGA and QVGA), menu3 buttons 5 to 9 too small (320x320 and 240x240), menu4 buttons 5 to 9 too small (320x320 and 240x240), missing dpad, clear, next, alpha buttons for menu10 (240x240)
1.06 - Added support for new GSensor and Settings menus for all resolutions, Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku identified a bug which meant the frameskip number was missing from menu3.
1.07 - Added support for HVGA resolution (thanks to Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku for the conversion). Also added joystick number selector for WVGA, VGA, QVGA, WQVGA and HVGA resolutions (press the radio button to toggle between joystick 1 and 2). Made a small change to the memory card name fields for WVGA resolution. Added screenshot capture button to WVGA menu too.

Installation Instructions:
Extract the attached zip file into: FPSECE/SKINS/ overwriting everything (don't forget to make a backup first!)

Notes:
Please can you leave feedback/suggestions etc. regarding usability/bugs/anything else. I have tested the WVGA and VGA skins but not the WQVGA or QVGA ones since my device does not support those resolutions. I intend this thread to be the place for all my releases to be from now on.

Attachments:
1.07.zip [2.95 MiB]
Downloaded 3986 times
1.06.rar [2 MiB]
Downloaded 4677 times
1.05.rar [1.71 MiB]
Downloaded 804 times

Last edited by SimonMallion on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 30 times in total.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Guru

Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie
Post Re: My Skin Pack (WVGA, VGA, WQVGA, QVGA Supported) 1.0
Hi SimonMallion,
great that you now support every resolution. Getting ready in case your skin is chosen as default? =)
Also I like that now its unitered. I mean WVGA looks like VGA. I mean the elements position are the same. But the previouis WVGA lookes better and I loved that there was text for everything. It was really useful for new users. Also the icons there were finger friendly enought.I think i will stick with your 1.03 version of WVGA.

Now for your new version. IT looks great. It's finger friendly even in smaller resolutions. I like what you did with load/save state buttons in WVGA. But they are quite small and hard to tell which one is which. So how about you put save to left corner and load to right corner with small text "save" and "load"? Well that text doesnt even have to be there. You see I would totalky kill my HD2 if after 2 hours of playing my favorite game I loaded instead of saving thus losing these 2 hours. If you think there isnt anyone so stupid to do this, trust me that I am. I did that in default skin (that which HUGE buttons for load/save). But it wasnt 2 hours but about 10minutes.

Then where you put controller indicator down it was dificult to place these arrows right? I would change the position of "top arrow" with "controller setting button". It would look more logical to me. You can even do the same with "left portrait button" and "set overlays button" If you feel it should be symetrical (for looks).

I also quite like this big portraid pad in VGA. These L1/2 and R1/2 are totaly useles, but i guess that you can easily make overlays of these buttons just above the portrat pad menu, so no problem there =)

Also love that "frame skip" sign and return of dotted line xD
I hope this helps a bit with ideas (oO,)

Edit: I made little picture how i think it would look after my suggestions. Just for refference. Also I'm sorry that I used your graphic without askin. Hope I dont offend you in any way. So hete it is:

Edit2: to Q-Ball:
You already confused me pretty bad. I was editing my post while you went all magic&wizardly on this thread xD

HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Last edited by KowboyBebop on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:46 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro
Operating System: Android 2.3.2
Wow looks great!
I vote for it! :D

P.S.: Sorry but I need to close your old topics to avoid some confusion.

Just one small suggestion. I want to pay your attention on the Left/Right rotate buttons and Save/Load buttons.
Which buttons do you use more - Savestate or Rotate? I use Savestate most of all time. So my suggestion is to swap them:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:45 am

KowboyBebop wrote:
Also I like that now its unitered. I mean WVGA looks like VGA. I mean the elements position are the same. But the previouis WVGA lookes better and I loved that there was text for everything. It was really useful for new users. Also the icons there were finger friendly enought.I think i will stick with your 1.03 version of WVGA.

Now for your new version. IT looks great. It's finger friendly even in smaller resolutions. I like what you did with load/save state buttons in WVGA. But they are quite small and hard to tell which one is which. So how about you put save to left corner and load to right corner with small text "save" and "load"? Well that text doesnt even have to be there. You see I would totalky kill my HD2 if after 2 hours of playing my favorite game I loaded instead of saving thus losing these 2 hours. If you think there isnt anyone so stupid to do this, trust me that I am. I did that in default skin (that which HUGE buttons for load/save). But it wasnt 2 hours but about 10minutes.

Then where you put controller indicator down it was dificult to place these arrows right? I would change the position of "top arrow" with "controller setting button". It would look more logical to me. You can even do the same with "left portrait button" and "set overlays button" If you feel it should be symetrical (for looks).

I also quite like this big portraid pad in VGA. These L1/2 and R1/2 are totaly useles, but i guess that you can easily make overlays of these buttons just above the portrat pad menu, so no problem there =)

Also love that "frame skip" sign and return of dotted line xD
I hope this helps a bit with ideas (oO,)

Edit: I made little picture how i think it would look after my suggestions. Just for refference. Also I'm sorry that I used your graphic without askin. Hope I dont offend you in any way. So hete it is:

I tried to make the WVGA and VGA look similar but increasing the controller image height caused them to get wider too, so I had to relocate the load and save buttons to the top. I agree with what you said and have attached a new menu1, could you try this for me and if you think it is ok I will make the changes to the other resolutions too.

Do you think I should remove the L and R buttons from menu2 for VGA then? Since an overlay button could be mapped onscreen as an alternative?

Q-Ball wrote:

P.S.: Sorry but I need to close your old topics to avoid some confusion.

That's perfectly fine, I thought it might have been confusing when I created this topic.

Attachments:
menu1.zip [76.43 KiB]
Downloaded 512 times
Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:47 am
Profile WWW

Q-Ball wrote:
Just one small suggestion. I want to pay your attention on the Left/Right rotate buttons and Save/Load buttons.
Which buttons do you use more - Savestate or Rotate? I use Savestate most of all time. So my suggestion is to swap them:

Hmm, that's another alternative too, can you try the attached menu1 please.

Attachments:
menu1.zip [75.83 KiB]
Downloaded 370 times
Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro
Operating System: Android 2.3.2
Yeah thats it! Thanks!
Its more comfortable for me now :)

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:13 am
Guru

About Q-Balls sugestion, i dont think you can actualy do this thing. I mean lets keep relevant components together.
Landscape switch (rotates screen) should be together with "screen setting (overlays)". Also when I save i have to return to landscape again, what is the point of having them swaped? Gonna try the new version right away =)

Edit: Just tryed and it looks amazing! Finger-friendliness at its best. But new guys would really appreciate old good ledeng (I mean these text :volume control, Controller, frameskip and others). Thank you really much =)
Oh and about these L/R/1/2, let them in. You know everybody isnt that smart to map overlays and we dont want them all over crying how to use portrait pads =) But you could mention it in your thread =)

Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:45 pm
Addict

Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.1
nice updates man :D

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:48 pm

Primary Device: Samsung Omnia i900
Operating System: 6.5.3
ROM: Andromeda v3
i don't know why, but if i press any button in the "windows" bar (where the "eject", "pad" and "close" button are) it not only doesn't work, but also open corresponding button in the background (in my case, it opens menu with spb shell)... how to fix that? (i use a cooked 6.5.3 rom on samsung omnia i900)

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:08 pm
Guru

Itachi wtf man? Really now if this happen in every skin it means its not skins fault. Its probably you and 6.5.x getting nasty. Go talk about this problem to your device section!

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next