View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 [PAD] Fake multitouch portrait pad (WVGA and WQVGA) 
Enthusiast

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S, HP iPAQ 214
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Darky's v9.5.XWJS8
Post Re: Fake multitouch portrait pad (WVGA and WQVGA)
As I see it works for games that use X for acceleration. For games that use some other buton you should either change ingame controls to use X for acceleration, or make different skin (or ask cyber-junkie if he's willing to) with other buton which is needed for acceleration in place of X, and change multikeys accordingly. It's even posible to make it work the "dirty way" by just swaping values of X and other button in menu2_mask and change multikey left/right + button you used. That way you'll still have graphics for X but it will act as other button you swaped it with. I don't know how is that pad working in games (as I haven't tried it yet) but I was wondering what's with left/right + brake. If you brake you can't steer with that setup, or am I missing something?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:15 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: OMNIA II
Operating System: windows 7
ROM: 25-02-2010
Cim wrote:
As I see it works for games that use X for acceleration. For games that use some other buton you should either change ingame controls to use X for acceleration or..

All the games i have played use x for accelerator and square for brake..Other games work ,others not. Most of games DONT work. I also use racing weel d-pad,not classic d-pads

Cim wrote:
but I was wondering what's with left/right + brake. If you brake you can't steer with that setup, or am I missing something?

I havent tried that cause i dont know where to put the multikeys (in grid)

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:33 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S, HP iPAQ 214
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Darky's v9.5.XWJS8
Haris1977 wrote:
All the games i have played use x for accelerator and square for brake..Other games work ,others not. Most of games DONT work. I also use racing weel d-pad,not classic d-pads

Did you set multikeys in all games you were trying? If you did than problem might be in diferent resolution in which games are running, which probably makes diferent spacing between pads.

Haris1977 wrote:
Cim wrote:
but I was wondering what's with left/right + brake. If you brake you can't steer with that setup, or am I missing something?

I havent tried that cause i dont know where to put the multikeys (in grid)

Maybe just above that layers that you set, but I'm afraid that spacing is not that ideal for that to work as it sould. However I did suceed with first d-pad. Try setting it like this:

and set
multikey1 = <- + /\
multikey2 = -> + /\
multikey3 = <- + X
multikey4 = -> + X

if you can swap |_| with /\ in games you are playing than you can brake with /\, if not you can swap /\ with |_| in skin as I described before.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:47 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: OMNIA II
Operating System: windows 7
ROM: 25-02-2010
No , it doesnt work Cim, but i figured out why..

When you press the gas (x : button) with your right thumb and then you press the left arrow (to move left) the car moves without prob.

But then - if you press the right arrow (to move right) but without letting out the x button (accelerate) then the car continues to move left ! I think is smth like conflict there..To work properly you have to let the gas and then repress it :(

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3