[PAD] Fake multitouch portrait pad (WVGA and WQVGA)

A place to submit any artwork you make for FpseCE. Includes menu skins, icons, etc.
User avatar
Cim
Enthusiast
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:13 pm
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S, HP iPAQ 214
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Darky's v9.5.XWJS8
Location: Croatia

Re: Fake multitouch portrait pad (WVGA and WQVGA)

Postby Cim » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:15 pm

As I see it works for games that use X for acceleration. For games that use some other buton you should either change ingame controls to use X for acceleration, or make different skin (or ask cyber-junkie if he's willing to) with other buton which is needed for acceleration in place of X, and change multikeys accordingly. It's even posible to make it work the "dirty way" by just swaping values of X and other button in menu2_mask and change multikey left/right + button you used. That way you'll still have graphics for X but it will act as other button you swaped it with. I don't know how is that pad working in games (as I haven't tried it yet) but I was wondering what's with left/right + brake. If you brake you can't steer with that setup, or am I missing something?
Device: Samsung Galaxy S

Haris1977
Enthusiast
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:57 pm
Primary Device: OMNIA II
Operating System: windows 7
ROM: 25-02-2010
Location: Athens, Greece

Re: Fake multitouch portrait pad (WVGA and WQVGA)

Postby Haris1977 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Cim wrote:As I see it works for games that use X for acceleration. For games that use some other buton you should either change ingame controls to use X for acceleration or..


All the games i have played use x for accelerator and square for brake..Other games work ,others not. Most of games DONT work. I also use racing weel d-pad,not classic d-pads

Cim wrote:but I was wondering what's with left/right + brake. If you brake you can't steer with that setup, or am I missing something?


I havent tried that cause i dont know where to put the multikeys (in grid)

User avatar
Cim
Enthusiast
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:13 pm
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S, HP iPAQ 214
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Darky's v9.5.XWJS8
Location: Croatia

Re: Fake multitouch portrait pad (WVGA and WQVGA)

Postby Cim » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Haris1977 wrote:All the games i have played use x for accelerator and square for brake..Other games work ,others not. Most of games DONT work. I also use racing weel d-pad,not classic d-pads


Did you set multikeys in all games you were trying? If you did than problem might be in diferent resolution in which games are running, which probably makes diferent spacing between pads.

Haris1977 wrote:
Cim wrote:but I was wondering what's with left/right + brake. If you brake you can't steer with that setup, or am I missing something?


I havent tried that cause i dont know where to put the multikeys (in grid)


Maybe just above that layers that you set, but I'm afraid that spacing is not that ideal for that to work as it sould. However I did suceed with first d-pad. Try setting it like this:

Image

and set
multikey1 = <- + /\
multikey2 = -> + /\
multikey3 = <- + X
multikey4 = -> + X

if you can swap |_| with /\ in games you are playing than you can brake with /\, if not you can swap /\ with |_| in skin as I described before.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S

Haris1977
Enthusiast
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:57 pm
Primary Device: OMNIA II
Operating System: windows 7
ROM: 25-02-2010
Location: Athens, Greece

Re: Fake multitouch portrait pad (WVGA and WQVGA)

Postby Haris1977 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:04 pm

No , it doesnt work Cim, but i figured out why..

When you press the gas (x : button) with your right thumb and then you press the left arrow (to move left) the car moves without prob.

But then - if you press the right arrow (to move right) but without letting out the x button (accelerate) then the car continues to move left ! I think is smth like conflict there..To work properly you have to let the gas and then repress it :(


Return to “FpseCE - Artist Corner”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest