View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 [PAD] Fake multitouch portrait pad (WVGA and WQVGA) 
Enthusiast

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S, HP iPAQ 214
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Darky's v9.5.XWJS8
Post Re: Fake multitouch skin (WVGA)
That was exactly my first thought when I saw Djdafreund's sugestion. Anyway, it would be good thing if we could change portrait gamepads from a menu (like with landscape pads) and that selected gamepad is saved in games' ini files. That way we could have customized pads for diferent games that are loaded automatically with the game. It would also be good if virtual keys weren't configured as multikeys, but rather as combinations in ini file (e.g. up+square, triangle+square, L1+R1, etc). That would make far more combinations possible, and multikeys would still be usable by onscreen overleys for some extra combinations that aren't easily mapable by virtual keys in middle point of two buttons. I hope that Schtruck will consider this idea for some future update...

I have finished menu2 (portrait pad with fake multitouch support) for VGA. I think it's working pretty well with the few games I tested it with. Does anyone has latest update with added fake multitouch support to test it?

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Primary Device: touch pro (Herman)
Operating System: 23128
ROM: NRG-ROM (Aug.12) Sense 2.5
Post Re: Fake multitouch portrait pad (WVGA)
Well, to be completely honest, almost every driving game has not only NOT used up/down cursor controls actually (eliminating, as i mentioned, the need for cursor up/down controls, freeing up for 2 other buttons are ARE a lot of the time used for some purpose.), and ALSO HAS used the other 2 buttons usually for emergency break and sometime's the 4th button for turbo (depending on the game), it might help for you to understand am of the older generation in age here (playing games since pong, not to give my age away), and still have a number of PS 1/2 games like this setup, since i love personally playing driving games and arcade style/1st person mosty when it comes to games. So clearly my question/example would come in extremely useful for driving games actually. Cim, that is great news to hear about a newer version to come. :)

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:06 am
Enthusiast

Well, I'm not that young myself either, so you don't have to feel bad about that... ;) You've got the point. Third button would be usefull for handbrake in many games. It could be done. I'll try it when I finnish my skin (finally) :) I have only menu 10 left to do. BTW, have you checked the new images? Is it looking any better now?

Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:33 am

Primary Device: Motorola Triumph
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Froyo
what program is used to make these, just paint shop? I'd like to give it a try maybe just reconfiguring ur skins if ur ok with that

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:27 pm

Primary Device: touch pro (Herman)
Operating System: 23128
ROM: NRG-ROM (Aug.12) Sense 2.5
Which new update screens? I thought this was only for WVGA. I am following your VGA skin thread though a lot. VERY nice progress so far might i add. And also i am glad i am not the only older person around. LOL. You know we'll get to a point where kids will be saying "What the heck is a Wii/PS3??" LOL.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Primary Device: HTC Universal - HTC Touch Pro
Operating System: WM 6.5.3 build 23569
ROM: Tomal 12.1
nice work! as always.. :)

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:57 am
Enthusiast

I made a new version with bigger touch area (for invisible keys). I hope it works better than first one ;)

EDIT:
I also added WQVGA version. For VGA and QVGA download my skin

@inedesomhlp: I used Photoshop with one layer for each button area. It can be easily adjusted that way. Feel free to improve it as you like.

EDIT2:

@b0z0k: Thanks, but it's not quite my idea, I just adapted it for FpseCE.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:30 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: OMNIA II
Operating System: windows 7
ROM: 25-02-2010
Post Re: Fake multitouch portrait pad (WVGA and WQVGA)
Is there smth like Fake multitouch landscape pad??? :( Cause i ve tried cyber-junkies d-pad skins for wvga but they only work for GT2 ...:(

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:31 am
Enthusiast

Not for now. I'm not sure if landscape pads have support for multikeys in ini. I guess that it would be possible by making bigger right pad and making invisible multikey buttons on its left side (between d-pad), but it would work only when pads are in one position, e.g. if you move d-pad up it would break multikeys. As for overlays, I think that grid is not dense enough to do it precisely. What specific game do you need it for and what key combinations does it use?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:06 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: OMNIA II
Operating System: windows 7
ROM: 25-02-2010
I agree that we may need a bigger grid (look my post here:

-->http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=482&sid=91bdea7bb0d45ec805000c84b1fd8240&start=120 (4th post from the beggining)

Because i play many racing games i ve seen that the multitouch ''fake'' trik (with the racing weel pad) only works for

1) Grand tourismo 2
2) Rally de europe
3) driver (?)

In other words i never managed to make it work for other games e.g wrc or colin mc ray 2 :(

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next