[SKIN] [Android] Hatman's Survival Pads
This is a minimalistic skin package for some of my favourite Survival Horror Games. Resident Evil 1+2+3 and Dino Crysis 1+2.
Initially my intention was to make a Resident Evil 1 skin for personal usage. But i had so much fun that i went on
and made similar skins for the rest of the series, the Dino Crysis games and a general skin for no specific game.
And as you can see, i decided to release it to the public.
The Resident Evil 1 pad features a very nice aiming control slide for easy up and down aiming. Hope you like it.REQUIREMENTS
- This skin package is designed for WVGA landscape displays. Resolution 800x480
- Other displays with the same aspect ratio may be usuable via overlay scaling (under FPSE-VIDEO menu)
- (ie the Galaxy Tab uses 1024x600, wich is the same aspect ratio)
- Tested only on my Samsung Galaxy S so far.
- Would appreciate any feedback from other devices.CONTENTS
- 1 General Purpose Layout
- 3 Game Specific Layouts
- Each Layout consists of a BASE pad and an EXTRAS pad.
- The EXTRAS are purely cosmetic. All functionality is included in the BASE pads.INSTALLATION
1. Download, extract and copy the files to your phone's SD card.
2. Start your game in FPSE.
3. Go to: SETTINGS>INPUT>TOUCHSCREEN>Overlay Pad
4. Navigate to the pad.ini file.
5. Back out from all menus, close and restart FPSE and your game.
6. Go to: SETTINGS>INPUT>TOUCHSCREEN
7. Choose your desired Base and Extras pad.
Note: Switching pads right after selecting pad.ini without a restart may not work.
It is very buggy on my SGS at least.SCREEN ADJUSTMENT
The pads will work fine in fullscreen mode. Incase you wanna adjust your game screen betweeen the button panels
(like in my screenshots) you have two options. Either do it by hand via SETTINGS>VIDEO>Screen size and position
or, for a better result, follow this procedure (each game has its own cfg file):
1. Start your game at least once.
2. Go to: SETTINGS>SYSTEM>Backup all data
3. Connect phone to your PC via USB.
4. Navigate to <YourSDcard>\fpsebackup\cfg\
5. Open the ini file corresponding to your game.
6. Find these values:
7. Change values to:
8. Save the file and unplug your phone.
9. Start FPSE and go to: SETTINGS>SYSTEM>Restore Backup
10. Start your game.
Note: If you're using a device with non-WVGA resolution you will have to experiment with the x-values.
Screensizex is a percentage of your whole screen width while Screen_posx is the offset off the left screen border in pixels.SCREENSHOTS + CONTROLS SETUPRESIDENT EVIL 1RESIDENT EVIL 2RESIDENT EVIL 3DINO CRYSIS 1DINO CRYSIS 2GENERAL PAD (Game: Persona)
This Pad does not work well with games where the directional arrows directly control your character movement and dashing
via holding an action button is critical. For example Final Fantasy Games.Technical Tips
For those of you that wanna try out making skins and are new to it i have two tips that caused me a lot of headaches over the
last two weeks.
- The button graphics .png file has to be saved WITH transparency values intact.
- The color mask .bmp file has to be 24bit RGB with NO alpha channel.CREDITS
- This skin was created exclusively with GIMP
- I would like to thank Tatsumaki
for help and inspiration. I used his skins files initially to grasp the idea.
- I still don't know how those color codes are converted. DOWNLOAD