Quake 2

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
augoza
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.1
ROM: Windows Mobile 6.1

Quake 2

Postby augoza » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:42 am

I actually got this game playing find, i messed with that config program. Now the sound is good and gameplay is fine. Only problem is when i save or load (registered version) it still always crashes. It sucks because i donated and i cant even use that feature for 95% of games. the least i should be able to do is minamize fpsece to just play it at my leizure.. im sure this is all because tp2 sucks for this. but anyone have ideas?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Quake 2 ..??

Postby schtruck » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:27 am

There is 2 possible answer:

- you still are in HLE mode.
- you don't have any space where savestate are stored...

By default if FpseCE can't find a bios file , then it switch automatically into HLE mode, and like it's written everyhere, even in the mail you received with your registred version, BIOS must be used to get Savestate.

augoza

Postby augoza » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 am

schtruck wrote:There is 2 possible answer:

- you still are in HLE mode.
- you don't have any space where savestate are stored...

By default if FpseCE can't find a bios file , then it switch automatically into HLE mode, and like it's written everyhere, even in the mail you received with your registred version, BIOS must be used to get Savestate.

Thanks! but how do i get out of hle mode? and i do have all my games in the bios folder. btw some games do work with the savestate feature. resident evil 2,3 did. i don't know why quake 2 don't. it just crashes especially after a load attempt. please help me im clueless haha
thank you for your help btw :)

augoza

Postby augoza » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:02 pm

augoza wrote:
i900frenchaddict wrote:for HLE:
in the file fpse.ini, you'll see EnableHLE=on, turn it off
But I suppose it's already off, from what you say in your lest message, you don't have a bios.....

For the bios:
Don't put the games in the bios folder!! (I think the best, especially with winmo 6.5, it to make a new folder (mine is called PSXgames) at the root of your SD card (no need to put the games images in FpseCE folder)
And so in the bios folder, you must add a PSX bios (something called SCPH1001, google it!)

wow thank you... put dang i really must not be doing anything right at all. you said in the file fpse.ini, but where is this file? do i open it? is it some type of program?

and i must add this bio file called scph1001? this is all i need in this folder for every game? there is no specific bio for every game? thanks you very much btw

ha okay i got it. i googled that file and put it in bios. plugged my phone into pc and saw that ini file, opened it put hle off. i can now save now!! thank you both sooo much. now i just have to get the sound to be better its super choppy, but the gameplay is smooth. any ideas? ;)

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Re: Quake 2

Postby D69K » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:34 pm

regarding saving state ..
after choosing you image you should wait until you get to the main menu of the game (what ever game that is) before you load state or you'll get crash in 90% of the games ..

now about the sound you could try the other sound plugin ..
by changing the value of

Code: Select all

LastSPU=0Peopspu109.dll
to

Code: Select all

LastSPU=Peopspu109.dll
simply just remove the zero .. in the fpse.ini under FPSE section .. and also in the specific game ini inside CFG folder ..

if that worked better then great ..
otherwise change it back ..
that's your only option ..
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

Return to “Game-Specific Help”