Crash Bandicoot

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
adioph
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC HD2

Crash Bandicoot

Postby adioph » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:19 am

anybody here can post their setting for crashbandicoot 1 and 3?

thanks.

KowboyBebop
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie

Re: Crash Bandicoot 1 and 3 setting

Postby KowboyBebop » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Because you cant do it yourself? I'm pretty sure that there is no extra settings required for bandicoot. Just get GPXDRV that suits you and turn off sounds if you want fps boost.
New All-in-1 Pack
HTC HD 2 / HTC LEO // 8GB microSD class6 // ROM: EnergyROM GTX
FPSeCE Download | FPSeCE Complete How To Guide | Request new version
HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Atcold
Primary Device: Samsung Omnia II i8000
Operating System: 6.5.3
ROM: Fubo's JE1.5

Re: Crash Bandicoot

Postby Atcold » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:49 am

Hi, I tried to play to Crash Bandicoot 3 - Warped, but it is too slow on my Omnia 2. KowboyBebop said to "get GPXDRV that suits you and turn off sounds if you want fps boost". But where do I have to set it? And how?
Is it possible that I have also to set a different frame rate? The hero jump in about 3, 4 seconds: it is too time!

Thanks in advace

LukeFonFabre
Primary Device: LG Optimus 2X
Operating System: 2.2

Postby LukeFonFabre » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Atcold wrote:Hi, I tried to play to Crash Bandicoot 3 - Warped, but it is too slow on my Omnia 2. KowboyBebop said to "get GPXDRV that suits you and turn off sounds if you want fps boost". But where do I have to set it? And how?
Is it possible that I have also to set a different frame rate? The hero jump in about 3, 4 seconds: it is too time!

Thanks in advace

Hello,
He mean "GFXDRV" not "GPXDRV"
for GFXDRV,search in fpse.ini file in your fpsece folder and open it with notepad,find text GFXDRV and set it to 3.
for sound just simply set Enable Sound from "on" to "off"

Atcold

Postby Atcold » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:29 pm

LukeFonFabre wrote:
Atcold wrote:Hi, I tried to play to Crash Bandicoot 3 - Warped, but it is too slow on my Omnia 2. KowboyBebop said to "get GPXDRV that suits you and turn off sounds if you want fps boost". But where do I have to set it? And how?

Thanks in advace

Hello,
for GFXDRV,search in fpse.ini file in your fpsece folder and open it with notepad,find text GFXDRV and set it to 3.

Really thanks, I'm gonig to try. But.. isn't a bit sad play without sounds? :roll:

I did as you said but I still hear the sounds and saw no improvement in speed. I set FS 4 and now the game is more playable but i need a BT controller! Using fingers on screen I cannot see anything.. and I have also the multitouch problem (I cannot jump while I'm walking).
Do you any idea about which joystick is the best?
Last, "music" is still slow.. (as a midi with wrong tempo setting)

Im sorry for the multy questions post, but I'm newbie and really interested in this project!
Thanks ;)

LukeFonFabre
Primary Device: LG Optimus 2X
Operating System: 2.2

Postby LukeFonFabre » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Atcold wrote:I did as you said but I still hear the sounds and saw no improvement in speed. I set FS 4 and now the game is more playable but i need a BT controller! Using fingers on screen I cannot see anything.. and I have also the multitouch problem (I cannot jump while I'm walking).

Im sorry for the multy questions post, but I'm newbie and really interested in this project!
Thanks ;)

No,not the FS that set 3 in the game..
first,quit the fpsece game
where do you install fpsece emulator?
look at the folder and find "fpse.ini" file.
send the fpse.ini to the pc and open the file with notepad
after that just ctrl+f to search "GFXDRV" text and set it to GFXDRV=3
and the sound search the "EnableSound" text and set it from EnableSound=on to EnableSound=off
okay if all has been set,just save the file and send the "fpse.ini" back to your phone..
hope this will help you.

Atcold wrote:
LukeFonFabre wrote:

Thanks in advace

Hello,

Really thanks, I'm gonig to try. But.. isn't a bit sad play without sounds? :roll:

isn't better the game can be played without sound than with sound but the game can not be played? :lol: :lol:

Atcold

Postby Atcold » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:51 pm

LukeFonFabre wrote:
Atcold wrote:I did as you said but I still hear the sounds and saw no improvement in speed. I set FS 4 and now the game is more playable but i need a BT controller! Using fingers on screen I cannot see anything.. and I have also the multitouch problem (I cannot jump while I'm walking).

Thanks ;)

No,not the FS that set 3 in the game..
first,quit the fpsece game
where do you install fpsece emulator?
look at the folder and find "fpse.ini" file.
send the fpse.ini to the pc and open the file with notepad
after that just ctrl+f to search "GFXDRV" text and set it to GFXDRV=3
and the sound search the "EnableSound" text and set it from EnableSound=on to EnableSound=off
okay if all has been set,just save the file and send the "fpse.ini" back to your phone..
hope this will help you.

I got it! I set the GFXDRV=3 in the game ini file (not in the fpse.ini) and EnableSound=off but all was always slow. So, to make it playable I set also FS 4. But I can still listen to sound and its tempo was too slow.
Now I am seeking for a BT joypad.. do you know someone?

Lannabulls
Primary Device: Asus transformer pad tf300tg
Operating System: Android 4.0.3 ICS
ROM: Android 4.0.3 ICS

Postby Lannabulls » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:57 am

Asust Transformer tf300tg
Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3

First of sorry about my beginner questions,
i got my first tablet ever a few weeks ago, no experience at all with these devices,
generally speaking no experience with games too, use pc since 20 years i never did much games.

Just purchased from Google play FPse for android and Any Emulator BIOS, installed, no problem about.
I emulate play station 1 and try to play Crash Bandicoot, the first 3 titles.
The games are working fine except for the sound, no sound at all.
I try to make a reserch here in the "tutorial" section but i dont understand much, Crash bandicot is listed but the suggestion refers to frame rate, etc,
can you explain to me what i have to do in order to play with sound cause at this stage every thing is fine except for the sound, no sound at all!
Thank a lot!

Atcold

Postby Atcold » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:58 am

Lannabulls wrote:Asust Transformer tf300tg
Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3

First of sorry about my beginner questions,
i got my first tablet ever a few weeks ago, no experience at all with these devices,
generally speaking no experience with games too, use pc since 20 years i never did much games.

Just purchased from Google play FPse for android and Any Emulator BIOS, installed, no problem about.
I emulate play station 1 and try to play Crash Bandicoot, the first 3 titles.
The games are working fine except for the sound, no sound at all.
I try to make a reserch here in the "tutorial" section but i dont understand much, Crash bandicot is listed but the suggestion refers to frame rate, etc,
can you explain to me what i have to do in order to play with sound cause at this stage every thing is fine except for the sound, no sound at all!
Thank a lot!

Is EnableSound=off or =on?

Lannabulls
Primary Device: Asus transformer pad tf300tg
Operating System: Android 4.0.3 ICS
ROM: Android 4.0.3 ICS

Postby Lannabulls » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:46 am

Thank,
as soon as realized that sound dont wortk the first thing that i did check the setting, sound is enabled.

I copy to my sd external card the 3 Crash Bandicoot titles for PS1 all USA version, i did the iso so i extract the bin extension, download USA bios as "FPse for android" recomends, copy it in the same folder with roms and try to play.
Games can be played well, no problem about speed, etc, only the sound is missing, NO SOUND AT ALL, same matter with all 3 games!!!!

IMPORTANT, may can help, give you some info:

I'm noticing that as soon as i lunch the game, for a second or so i hear game sound then it stops, i hear sound then it suddenly stops after a very short while, one second about, as "something" stop, turn off the sound, hope i can make you understand by my poor written english.
Can you give me some advise please in order to solve the matter?
Thank a lot !

Return to “Game-Specific Help”