Valkyrie Profile freezing cutscenes

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Lenneth
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsing S7
Operating System: Android
ROM: Valkyrie Profile

Valkyrie Profile freezing cutscenes

Postby Lenneth » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:56 pm

While playing through there have been a few moments where the scene freezes and I have to try and mess with the settings to get past the cutscene. It happened in the very beggining of the game speaking with Freya and when Arngrim says "stinking knave", but now I'm stuck on the 2nd disc recruiting Gandar and it freezes as the text rolls after his battle. I've tried various setting changes like OpenGL and SPU but cannot get past this part.

If anyone has a clue what I can do, besides using a different emulator to pass this part, I would love to hear it. Thanks!
Last edited by Lenneth on Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lenneth
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsing S7
Operating System: Android
ROM: Valkyrie Profile

Re: Valkyrie Profile freezing cutscenes

Postby Lenneth » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Well now I feel stupid. After alot of setting changes and not understanding what half the settings i was changing even did, I just tried to load the game from a memorcy card save state made in the room prior to this battle instead of loading from my quicksaves/quickloads and the scene worked perfectly.

I reset my settings by going into Settings-->Advanced-->System-->Reset Settings, then just loaded the disc normally and selected a load from the memory card. The sound resynced, the battle played out normally, and the cutscene at the end played with the voice acting as well. Sorry for wasting space on the board and I hope this helps some other luckless fool.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”