Breath of Fire III

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Mettschweinmann
Primary Device: Samsung Note 3
Operating System: Android KK 4.4

Re: Breath of Fire III

Postby Mettschweinmann » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Another solution for the missing battles is just to save and then start fpse again.

Im now going to the Angel Tower the second time as adult ryu.

Sometimes the healing bug is really annoying and i hope it will fixed soon.

Greetings

Mettschweinmann
Primary Device: Samsung Note 3
Operating System: Android KK 4.4

Postby Mettschweinmann » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Finished the game :!:

A trick for harder battles at the end: just copy the ring of fire (found at mt. zublo) two times at the fairy village and sent one of your party member to the master deis. after two levels you can learn inferno. And with this spell in combination with the fire rings you can heal your complete party (i gave this spell with ink to nina, so she was the healer in my party. you can get on higher levels 150hp+ per member each spell).

I know it takes time to complete the fairy village and the copying but its worth :roll: and you must not heal!

Greetings

Toni

miro
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: xperia play
Operating System: android

Postby miro » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:10 am

Hi guys, I find another problem with BOF3 and like to find help with it.
As we know BOF3 work only with open gl plugin. With the other it crash during the healing.
But with open gl my game crashed before the battle with Myria. When she send a wave and remove Rei from the group. Some times I got message for error, but not always.
Do you know some way to fix this problem. It is pity to reach so far and stop play here!
Thanks!

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:58 am

does the healing bug happen in both 'blitting' and 'old software'? does the battle with Myria crash with both the 'opengl' and 'experimental opengl'?

you could also play through this part on another emulator, then come back to fpse. You can use epsxe for pc - save your game to memory card (not save state, but in-game save). copy the memory card file to pc (if you haven't moved the memory card files, they're in /sdcard/.fpse). use epsxe to play through this part using your memory card save. save after fight. copy file back to android device after passing the fight and saving.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

miro
Fresh Fish

Postby miro » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:35 am

The healing problem happens only when you play with blitting. So I play with open gl and then game crash - freeze, and once or twice I saw an error message, but for a second.
I tried to play with the experimental opengl but it happen the same - the game freez.
Mean time the fps still counting and the music still play. And of course the fpse menu button work.
I will try to finish game (because this is the last boss) on my pc.
Best regards!

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Thu May 02, 2013 4:35 am

does it fail in old software mode?

good luck :)
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

miro
Fresh Fish

Postby miro » Sun May 05, 2013 6:58 am

You mean 'Old Software Drawing', right? If i'm not wrong it works only with 'blitting'. I've tried, but healing problem still exist.
I have another question - epsxe memory cards are with msr extension and the memory cards in fpse are with mcd.
What i have to do - just change the extension or something else?
Thanks!

Ahaaa i find how it works - just show new cards in emulator settings :)

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:03 pm

I hate to, but i gotta bump this issue here. I also can't stand this healing glitch. There must be something Shtruck can do to fix it. I know his focus is OPenGL, but honestly BOF3 runs like crap on OpenGL. I can play Breath of Fire 4 with openGL fine, but this game is just too slow. I'd prefer to use software mode at full frames. Isn't there something we can do to fix this???

Andhros
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Razr HD
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Breath Of Fire III

Postby Andhros » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:32 am

Well, first of all, sorry for my english, i'm brazillian and not very good at it. As i bought fpse, i did it mainly for BoF III, and so i'm having some problems with it. I recently fixed the "healing herb/heal skill" problem by using open gl, but as i'm playing and I end up saving using the quick save and going to do something else, when i load the game back, the monters in the area which i was training ("!" at the forests or monster-populated areas such as lighthouse, etc.) tend to disappear and they wont appear again for long times, and i end up having to move forward in the game story without proper level. I honestly dont know if this is some kind of how the game was designed, but i think that the monsters in the "!" areas for example should never stop appearing.

If someone has this problem fixed, please healp me as i'm getting frustrated, because i love this game and i bought fpse to play it.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”