Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
tony
Primary Device: xperia play

Re: Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

Postby tony » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 am

if you have 50fps in top left then its pal if you have 60fps its ntsc but if its got an incorrect pal fix on it im not sure what fpsece will treat it as, i would try a fresh iso and see what happens with that.
PS3 - USEYOURFIST

yoojin1081
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: Energyrom custom

Postby yoojin1081 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:27 pm

I noticed this thread is quite old but I was curious if anyone ever found a fix for the screen cutoff? I'm running the ntsc version and I've tried multiple full and ripped roms (w/o music and certain fx) and am still getting the cut off. Also the dpad sensitivity is extreme making it nearly impossible to push down during the game without having the blocks shoot straight down to the bottom.

Running HD2 Tmo-US w/ energyrom, supporter version w/ hd2 optimized pack. I also have bsb tweaks option to lower sensitivity on but it doesn't help. One other thing...I've noticed the sensitivity becomes slightly better when played in portrait mode in all games. Is this typically the case? I've searched google and these forums for clues but haven't found much (seems like this forum is really quiet...)

edein
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Tmobile HTC HD2

Postby edein » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:15 pm

Haven't found a fix yet, but I've got it to a playable state. You can adjust the screen position from WITHIN the game menu. Just start a game then pause it by pressing "Start" then "Select". You should see "Screen Adjust" and just move it. (the opponent side will be partially cut off, but that's not important :P)

As for the speed of the game....There's two way to slow it down. One is by the Option WITHIN the game and the other is to set "AutoSpeed=on" in FPSE.ini to limit 50fps max.

Also, the D-pad sensitivity seem to be a problem with fpsece 0.10.1 release. For example, if you press a button and hold for 1 second the emulator will process it as 2 second (exaggerated example).

yoojin1081
Fresh Fish
ROM: Energyrom custom

Postby yoojin1081 » Sat May 01, 2010 7:32 am

Thanks for the tips edein...I will investigate it more. I was afraid no one was going to respond heh. So there is an option to lower the fps within the game options huh? Does this help with dpad sensitivity? Not really huh? The rom I was using had an accidental time bomb triggered in it, so I'm in the process of restoring my phone...(sigh). Once I do, I will try those suggestions...With work and everything, I just need a game to kill short amounts of time with...and this is perfect and great fun also.

Thanks again and I hope those dpad sensitivity issues will be worked out!

DeckardBR
Fresh Fish
ROM: stock

Postby DeckardBR » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:03 am

I have a new issue. When I try running this on v .10 supported on an htc hd 2, it crashes after the capcom logo.

I tried the standard .ini file and the one from kowboy bebop, same result. It is playable on .96 but I'd like it to run on .10.

goodversusevil
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 12.2
Operating System: Android 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Working, but...

Postby goodversusevil » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:46 pm

It's been a couple years since anyone updated this thread, and I can't be the only guy to have noticed this. The cut-off screen issue is fixed by running the game thru the openGL plugin, but the FPS takes a serious dive, especially during intense on-screen action. I spent an hour trying a ton of fixes, and couldn't figure it out. I'd like to think my Tab PRO is beefy enough to run any PSX rom. Has anyone figured this out?

Return to “Game-Specific Help”