Valkyrie Profile

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
xairi
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Neo V
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Re: Valkyrie Profile

Postby xairi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi!

Thanks to that fix I was able to play the game for several hours, but looks like the problem starts again on chapter 4.

It happens on the conversation with Lezard and also with Aelia.

Somebody else have the same problem?

Regards!

bravefencer
Primary Device: Asus Transformer Prime
Operating System: Android ICS
ROM: Tales of Destiny

Postby bravefencer » Sun May 20, 2012 8:11 pm

To get the game at least playable try using the Open GL plugin. I'm playing it on a ASUS Transformer Prime running the latest version of ICS. The cut scenes and dialogue work fine, but when you enter a battle the game skips and misses animations. Also the sprites are very pixelated. The game runs alot smoother on the software GPU plugin that was recently released but freezes during certain cut scenes and after about 15 minutes of play. I know the developer is working on this issue (since it seems to a problem still on multi-core devices), but when it does freeze, just check off "force mono core" and the game starts up again. And then un-check it to get maximum FPS. Hope this helps some people.

nkcell
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby nkcell » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:08 pm

With my new phone (Galaxy Note), it seems that it now works, and since latest version of FPSE.

Thanks ! :P

dddaaannnhhh
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S3

Postby dddaaannnhhh » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:46 am

Turning off the frame limiter got me past the "stinking knave..."-freeze. I just turned it back on afterwards. Man, this game is so close to being playable for me it makes me a sad bunny inside.

Azeon
Primary Device: Milestone 3 (Droid 3)
ROM: Gingerbread (2.3.5)

Postby Azeon » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:26 pm

dddaaannnhhh wrote:Turning off the frame limiter got me past the "stinking knave..."-freeze. I just turned it back on afterwards. Man, this game is so close to being playable for me it makes me a sad bunny inside.

I'm stuck in this part, i tried a lot of options but none of them worked for me.

The new version of FPSe is great, running 60 FPs smoothly, but the game freezes in this part...

Any suggestions ?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Try turning on 'old software mode' from the misc menu. Restart FPSE. Turn off hardware acceleration, filtering, and frameskip in video option. In system options turn on 'force monocore', make sure boost is off. Restart fodder, verify the settings stuck. Try to get put this part. Let us know. You can go back to blitter mode after this If you want, our change the settings.

If that didn't work, copy your memory card file to a computer and play through it withemulator on your PC, like epsxe fir the pc. After you Gerty post that part, save, then copy your memory card file back to your phone.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Azeon

Postby Azeon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:26 am

bluezeak wrote:Try turning on 'old software mode' from the misc menu. Restart FPSE. Turn off hardware acceleration, filtering, and frameskip in video option. In system options turn on 'force monocore', make sure boost is off. Restart fodder, verify the settings stuck. Try to get put this part. Let us know. You can go back to blitter mode after this If you want, our change the settings.

If that didn't work, copy your memory card file to a computer and play through it withemulator on your PC, like epsxe fir the pc. After you Gerty post that part, save, then copy your memory card file back to your phone.

Sorry for the late response.

I tried every setting and the game crashes in the same place.

For now I do now own a computer so i can't run the game on a PC, I'll give up for now and will play Breath of Fire IV.

Azeon

Postby Azeon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:31 am

New version and the same issue remains... can't get past the "Stinking knave" part.

I made a test with ePSXe for Android and it runs ok, so it's not the ISO, I would play the game in ePSXe however there is neither 4:3 screen option nor Screen Filtering, so I'll stick with FPSe.

mdjp08
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Mini
ROM: CyanMobile eXperience stable

Postby mdjp08 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:49 pm

I havent still fixed my Valkyrie Profile... im using fpse 0.11.53 currently the latest version, the performance is good,but i get stuck at stand,lenneth... she doesnt do anything ,ive heard someone said use eternal spu plugin and stop audio thing?? but i dont know how to use it..

im really want to play Valkyrie profile psx ..
or if you can send me a save file after that event has pass..

Can you also suggest games like Valkyrie Profile? ..with unique battle scene,good characters..

looking forward to some replies.

mdjp08
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Mini
ROM: CyanMobile eXperience stable

Re: Valkyrie Profile Fix

Postby mdjp08 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 pm

How can I use this save? where to put this? ..help please.. i wanna get through stand lenneth... :(

thanks.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”