Valkyrie Profile

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
mlissa!
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: motorola droid
Operating System: android

Re: Valkyrie Profile

Postby mlissa! » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:37 pm

@ inedesomhlp
from another forum:
"for me: Do not use asynchronous SPU.

Long explanation of (what I think) is the problem that causes the freeze:

As you may have noticed, the freeze only happens during those spoken monologues (or scenes alike to those). The programmers used a smart way of determining when to progress to the next scene: They waited for the sound file of the spoken lines to end playing. Now, on a genuine PS Hardware, that's not a problem since CPU and SPU work in sync automatically, they're not affected by emulation delays... now we got emulation and things suffer delays. What happens is that the SPU stutters and jumps and most likely "misses" the point where it has to inform the CPU that it finished playing it's soundfile and that the CPU has to continue loading.

My personal "freeze favourite" was the scene where Arngrim said he would rather kill that knave. It seems that there were actually two seperate soundfiles to be played... that "I got better things to do" one never got to play in async, hence it never ended, hence the scene never progressed.

I'm using Eternal SPU, turning Audio Out Method to Thread solved the freeze problem (and made the playback stuttery like hell

Hope that helps some people here. Note: It won't help if you savestate at the frozen screen and reload there, that train is already gone, you have to load a savestate before the freezehappy part finished. I usually simply smashed my savestate the moment one of these spoken dialogues or monologues started playing."

wonder if something like this can be done or might work for fpsecce

but how do I do it?! I found a tutorial that says I need to copy the spuEternal.dll file into the plugin folder of emulator. I don't know if that tutorial explains how to use spu eternal ONLY for windows / linux, the point is that my in cellphone I can't locate any fpse's folder. I have the spu eternal but I don't know how to use it, can anyone explain it for me please? I searched the entire google for an answer and got nothing :cry:

and I must apologize, my english's terrible :|

Talsi
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: EEE Pad Transformer
Operating System: Android 3.1
ROM: Stock

Postby Talsi » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi,
the game keeps crashing at the point when valkyrie and freya teleport down to earth and after short dialog right after they port again (after Freya's line that she will teach valkyrie some things) the screen goes black and it crashes. All you can see is smaller and smaller "boxes" with controls, like it is showing all available resolution.
Any way to fix this? This is my favorite game :D
Got EEE Pad Transformer.

Apologized
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Valkyrie Profile

Valkyrie Profile Fix

Postby Apologized » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:15 am

So after endles hours of messign around in the settigns and readign endless boards, I cam across a solution to fix the issue where the game becoems pitch black as you are about to port to the world below.

I've gotten myself an emulator of ePSXe and loaded my Valkyrie Profile ISO and started a game, then progressed in the game until the first opportunity to save on memory card, then after I went in my memcards folder and took the epsxe0.mcr and renamed it slot1.mcd and transfered it into my Xperia Play's folder location (.../games/FPse/Saves/memcards/) *can be just about anything, that was the way I've set up mine.

Then in settings I've relocated the Memory Card Slot 1 to my slots1.mcd in saves and loaded the game and I was back to playing the game.

This was tested on Xperia Play using the latest version of FPse.

I've attached a folder with a save file already made that you cna transfer freely to your andoid, I can assure you that you won't miss much as it's only 5 minutes through the game. Else you can feel free to play those 5 minute on a ePSXe emulator on your PC.
Attachments
saves.rar
slot1.mcd & slot2.mcd
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 1541 times

TheChaos0
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
ROM: stock

Re: Valkyrie Profile Fix

Postby TheChaos0 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:38 am

Funny enough, I decided to start playing Valkyria Profile the other day on my Xperia when I saw your fix. And I actually didn't encounter that problem. Did they fix or something?

exploitz
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Thunderbolt
ROM: skyraider zeus

Postby exploitz » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanks for posting this! Just what I was looking for.
Only one issue the sound is wonky during some cutscenes and it freezes after some dialogue scenes as well.. But not always.

Is it the iso I've got you think or is it just fpse?

nkcell
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby nkcell » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi,

Thanks for this !

But... I still have the problem with my rom : an AWFUL sound :evil:
And it still crashes when Valkyrie is in front of Odin, at the beginning.

So I can make myself my own save as you did, but the sound is still terrible, like if your PC crashes.

Where did you get your rom, or which program did you use to rip it from original CD ?

Thanks for your answer ;)

nkcell
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby nkcell » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:29 pm

By the way...

You named it "slot1.mcc", should it be "slot1.mcd" ?
This save works... Thanks man

Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sgs 2
ROM: Lite'ning 6.1

Postby 14422 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:36 am

The game still crashes on sgs2 in the begining scene where the player is introduced to Odin. Tried all cpu/voice setting combinations in the emulator.
Would be nice to get this fixed.

HackAuthority
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Evo 3D
ROM: Infected Rom

Postby HackAuthority » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Here's the fix for Valkyrie Profile,

1. System - Dual Core boost and Thread Priority
2. Audio - Spusync
3. Video - Framelimiter, print fps

Start a new game, and try to go completely to the part where it's happening. Make sure you're hearing voices, and it's not getting cut off at the end.

lovelygamingGirl
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: htc evo 3d
Operating System: windows vista
ROM: valkyrie profile

Hlep with valkyrie profile

Postby lovelygamingGirl » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:39 am

the game starts perfect but when lenneth meets freya in the beginning it gets stuck she won't move any setting i need too do?

running version 0.10.57

Return to “Game-Specific Help”