Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
HAT3R
Primary Device: HTC Desire
Operating System: android
ROM: oxygen 2

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Postby HAT3R » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:27 am

Hi, i've got this problem with re3 just after the first scene a black screen appears but the emulator still works and im able to exit normally. I've got a similar problem only with metal gear solid (unable to pass konami logo) all other games ive tried work fine. I doubt it is a problem related to the image or bios, btw the image is of a pal european version.Could it be "ini" related? So far i've tried the graphics fixes (lazy fix and the others) with no success. Resident evil 2 works fine.
Im not yet a supporter (empty gaypal :) ) but any help would be appreciated... thx in advance

HAT3R
Primary Device: HTC Desire
Operating System: android
ROM: oxygen 2

Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Postby HAT3R » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:35 am

Oh man, I should have tried this image with epsxe before posting since it has the same problem. I'm going to get another image... anyway thx for helping me cloud

qllkevuoi
Primary Device: HTC HD2 LEO
Operating System: WinMo 6.5
ROM: 1.48.408.1 (71294) ITA

Postby qllkevuoi » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi,

I have the latest supporter version (25/3/2010).

With my HTC HD2 I have a problem when I load a saved game in resident evil 3...

The game loads correctly but the background is like..."rainbow": all pixels that form the backgroud are colored, so it's impossible to see the real background.

Instead, the girl and the zombies are correctly visible.

Another problem when I load a saved game, is that the change of the scene is very slow: the game seems to stuck, then (after 5-8 seconds) the game re-begins to run (with normal speed).

These two problems happen just with a saved game, while if I start a new game from the beginning, I can play normally (correct background, normal speed, no stuck on scene changing, etc.)

Anyone with these problems?

Any solution?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english

Cim
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S, HP iPAQ 214
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Darky's v9.5.XWJS8

Postby Cim » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Try starting new game (then skip cutscenes if possible) or loading save from memory card and then load save state to see if there is any difference. I noticed it helps in some other games. Also you can try pausing game before using save state (I'm not sure if this will have any effect but it helps preventing corrupted save states in some situations).
Device: Samsung Galaxy S

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:29 pm

It happens on mine in the latest version and 1.3.10 version. It also happened with RE:2, I found that simply moving off screen so the game loads up a new background fixes it. Though I haven't noticed any slowdown, i will try to replicate your problem.

EDIT:
Make sure you let the game load up and get to the menu screen before you press load state. If you open up the game then immediately press load state it screws up. Like most games do. I managed to replicate your problem that way. If you wait, then press load state, you still get slight pixelisation but it disappears after changing screen and game plays normal. Though i did notice fpsece not shutting down properly in latest version. I have to flip to portrait pad first then it will shut down.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

tyrion
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: 1.66 Stock

Postby tyrion » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:28 pm

what are in your opinion the best settings for the on-screen keys in RE? Somehow i cant manage to avoid zombies cause i have serious problems controlling the characters. so I was wondering which settings make it the best comfortable for you guys , so i stick with one and practice :)

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:17 pm

No matter how good Schtruck makes FPSEce, it won't compare to the accuracy of a PS controller when you use the onscreen pads.

I find myself, rather than avoiding zombies just shooting them. It uses more ammo etc.. but I don't die. Boss battles can be difficult as at times quick movement is required, it just takes getting used to. As for your settings, just apply what works best for you.

On mine, I have Dpad bottom left and button pad top right (to avoid auto-aligment problem). Below the button pad, I have R1 set to sticky. Above the D-Pad I have L1, non-sticky. And I have square set to sticky, but it's a hidden button with no overlay. I just know where it is, so I turn it off when I don't want to run. Simple controls, and I do pretty well on it.
Last edited by Phaedrus Nine on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

sotospt52
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: htc touch
Operating System: wm 6.5

Postby sotospt52 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:12 pm

hello to everyone i am also using fpsxce i have the version 0.10 and i am complitly content with the emu compadibility but i have a problem with resident evil 2 saves. i save my game with no error but if i try to load it shows nothing everything have disapiard i am not use the save state feature because unfortunately i am not able to donate. im saving from the game menu, any ideas?

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:23 pm

I had a similar problem when I wasn't using a BIOS. Re-flashed my phone and forgot to copy back a BIOS image. Do you have a BIOS in the correct folder? And if you do, check that HLE is not on. Though I think HLE only affects save-state, which shouldn't worry you if you have the free version.

sotospt52
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: htc touch
Operating System: wm 6.5

Postby sotospt52 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:31 pm

Hello again, i am using the KANJI bios witch it was in the fpsxce folder by default i have try and the spch1000 bios but the problem did not sloved. i dont know were is the HlE setting. re3 working fine but i have problem with re2 im using the 0.10 version.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”