broken sword 2

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

broken sword 2

Postby foleyjo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:39 pm

Is anyone able to play this after the recent updates?

Without frameskip i get 50-60fps in the cutscenes but only 2-7fps in game.
With frameskip i get 50fps in game but it's not smooth enough to be playable witb it being point n click.

I've tried all video modes and different video settings. With boost i can reach 12fps.

For comparison Ive been playing medal of honor with opengl and getting 45-50 fps.

I'm on jxd s5300 and using the pal versions of games

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: broken sword 2

Postby bluezeak » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:57 pm

what type of performance did you get b4? I don't have this game either.do you know what version of fpse it was working?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

foleyjo
Enthusiast

Postby foleyjo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:44 am

I was trying to remember which version I used when it worked and I realised it was before christmas. This means it was before I got my s5300. So I decided to see what it was like on my JXDS601 and it works fine.
So the problem must be with the s5300 hardware. Broken Sword 2 does work fine on psx4droid and other games don't suffer the same issue. So I don't know if the fix would be in the device itself or in FPSE.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Is this your phone?
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ ... 0-4612.php

If so, that's a broadcom chipset (formerly videocore). I've not heard much at all about them in talking to people about OpenGL issues. I'll add them to my OpenGL page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VideoCore). Maybe there's some issue with that chipset.

foleyjo
Enthusiast

Postby foleyjo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:03 pm

No sorry it's not a phone it's a JXD game tablet.

http://www.jxd.hk/products.asp?id=626&s ... sid=009006
The website suggests it is better than it is and most emulators need a frameskip of 1 but Broken Sword 2 is slow compared to all the other games I've tried.

I've just installed a different FW for it and am now running JB not ICS.
It seems to have given me a bit of improvement with FPS£. With opengl I'm still getting slow fps but without I may be getting decent fps.
I say may because for some reason I get a message saying gamepad1 detected and my menu button stops working so I can't change any settings.

It may be ICS that causes the problem though. I just don't know. I'm still testing

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:13 pm

OK. this sounds like an issue that is not game specific. do other games have similar issues? especially, do you have the same problem with the menu button in other games? I think you may want to post something in the android general forum about this.

foleyjo
Enthusiast

Postby foleyjo » Thu May 02, 2013 9:33 pm

Sorry for lack of reply.
I made another thread in general and was also able to solve the issue. I didn't realise there was a gamepad detect option in the misc settings. Once I changed that things were fine. I also learned that doing an upward swipe with 3 fingers on my device brings up the menu bar thingy.

Now I can get to the menu to change settings.
I can also get a playable speed if I don't use opengl so that's fine.

Only problem I've got now is I accidently selected to change the memory card and now I can't locate the memory card file I was using and therefore can't find my save
:( :lol:

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Mon May 13, 2013 1:20 am

its in /sdcard/.fpse but you'll need to use a file browse like asttp or yes file explorer to access it then go to rje setting of the browser and tell if to show hodden files. or you probably could find it if you go to misc settings and revert to defaults.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”