Chrono Cross hang when viewing character status after update

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
kfreels
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Google Nexus 7
Operating System: ICS 4.2.2
ROM: Stock

Chrono Cross hang when viewing character status after update

Postby kfreels » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:05 pm

I posted this on the general discussion by mistake. I was on my tablet and didn't see this thread at the time.

Ever since one of the recent updates chrono cross hangs when i go to view character status. Everything else seems to work fine but when I go to the menu and choose to look at a character's status. Everything else in the menus and everything else in the game seems to be fine. But when I choose to look at status and then choose any character, it hangs. The audio hangs as well. The game is stuck but the FPSECE is still responsive. I have to quit the game and then I can reload and continue.

The game has been running flawlessly for me since December when I started it.

I have tried a number of things to get around it. I have went back to game saves on the memory card from different periods which I do regularly in case of quirks that may get me stuck somewhere. So I have saves that haven't been used since the first week that I started playing it, and saves almost weekly since then. This problem is happening on every one, regardless of where it is. I have one save from December 16 that was less than an hour into game play but when I go to view status it still hangs.

This only started recently. Sometime within the last month. I'm not sure when I last went to view a character status but it couldn't have been too long ago. Certainly after Feb 1. I wish I could be more specific because I know it would help you nail it down, but I don't know for sure which update did it since you push them out automatically, very frequently, without allowing the option to decline it. For the record, I'm not much of a fan of this method. There should be a way to accept or decline updates since often an update can break things that are otherwise working fine.

Whatever the case, please fix it.

Thanks!

Google nexus 7
Android version 4.2.2

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Chrono Cross hang when viewing character status after up

Postby bluezeak » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Is this still a problem after the more recent updates?

What gfx plugin are you using: blitting, old, opengl? Have you tried changing?

The way you describe E problem makes it sound like it's a emulator problem...

Edit:
This problem sounded familiar so I went to check. I never played this game but I used to use it for testing. I tested with it extensively, for opengl, like 8 months ago. That's a known issue with that game. Unless schtruck fixed it and a recent update undid the fix. Let me see if I can find a post about it...
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Chrono Cross hang when viewing character status after up

Postby bluezeak » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Yes, that's normal. Please post any new posts on the linked thread, which is the true chronological cross thread.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=434&start=60
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “Game-Specific Help”