View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
 Final Fantasy VIII 

Primary Device: HTC One-X
Operating System: Android (ICS)
ROM: Viper ROM
Post Re: Final Fantasy VIII
Thanks bluezeak for your response!

Tony Hawks Pro Skater has audio (albeit laggy), and FFVIII has audio everywhere EXCEPT FMV's.

I've tried with both OpenGL and Softgpu, and with a multitude of settings - although if you've got any specific recommendations I'd be happy to try!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:01 am
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
Hello,

I tried to run FF8 on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I downloaded Final Fantasy 8 and tried to play it.
The problem is, the emulator doesn't comes further than the Playstation Logo at the start. This comes around on several FF Roms.

I'm using the FPse 0.11.28.
What should I do? Did I fail at the settings?
I'm a total Noob at this :(

I'm very thankful for any Help!
Greetings :]

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:48 am
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: GT-N7000
Operating System: android 2.3.6
ROM: ff8
Hey,

Trying to get cheats to work on galaxy note 2.3.6. I'm a noob at this so it may not even be an issue.

Found some codes for Squall to have 9999 hit points but can't get them to work. Not sure if I have to use them before I start the game.

Entered the codes, applied them. Load the game, applied them again.

Anyone have any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:44 am
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
Nivram
that sounds like the exact symptom of a bad ROM. If you're having the issue with multiple rooms you can try reinstalling FPSE. If you have any save games our save states be sure to back then up first (menu misc backup, saves to /sdcard/FPSebackup)

Khempfer
I don't have any exp with cheats, sorry.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 4.03
I'm trying to get FF8 to play ball using openGL, which most of you S2 owners would know is frustrating at the best of times. I have it working in fact, but the text looks messed up i.e. completely unreadable. I dabbled with the settings but to go though all possible combinations would take forever (and it did, until 3am in fact!).

Would someone be kind enough to let me know what settings you have, in particular for video, when using in openGL and are there other things to worry about e.g. saving at save points etc.

Without openGL it's pretty good and can live with it, but with oGL it really looked amazing and would love to play like that all the way through.

Thanks in advance!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-i727R)
Operating System: Android 4.04 (ICS)
ROM: Cyanogenmod 9
Kasser wrote:
I'm trying to get FF8 to play ball using openGL, which most of you S2 owners would know is frustrating at the best of times. I have it working in fact, but the text looks messed up i.e. completely unreadable. I dabbled with the settings but to go though all possible combinations would take forever (and it did, until 3am in fact!).

Would someone be kind enough to let me know what settings you have, in particular for video, when using in openGL and are there other things to worry about e.g. saving at save points etc.

Without openGL it's pretty good and can live with it, but with oGL it really looked amazing and would love to play like that all the way through.

Thanks in advance!

When you say you have it working, do you also mean the battle swoosh as well? Whenever a battle is about to start my FPS tanks to 8 fps for about 10 seconds then its back to normal when in the fight. However I don't have the unreadable text issue. My current settings for video:

Frameskip
Original Screen Size
Force Landscape Orientation
OffScreenDrawing
32Bitsrendering
Special Frame Limiter

I'm still on the first disc and can't get past the video when Squall dances with Rinoa. It freezes just after you bump into the couple next you (I attached a a screenshot). Anyone know if it's something with my settings (previous videos all worked perfectly) or a bad rom? I'm guessing the latter.

Attachments:
Screenshot_2012-07-25-16-41-14.png
Screenshot_2012-07-25-16-41-14.png [ 188.12 KiB | Viewed 2871 times ]
Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:49 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: nexus 7
Operating System: android
Hi, i had the exact same problem while playing ff8 on fpse on my nexus 7, the screen was stuck at the exact same position with the ball room dance scene, there was no problem after i used a different image file for disc 1 though, so perhaps u might wanna try that !

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:58 pm

Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 4.03
Thanks for the reply Treize, going to try those settings and see what happens.

I do get a bit of the swoosh effect before a battle, but it doesn't look quite right (like it's missing a few frames) but i don't mind it to be honest. I am right at the beginning (Ifrit defeated) so can't help with the stuck scene sorry.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:21 pm

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-i727R)
Operating System: Android 4.04 (ICS)
ROM: Cyanogenmod 9
Sorry forgot to post this before, but I did use a different image and was able to pass that scene :)

The only thing keeping this game from being perfect for me is the slow battle swoosh. I really can't play it not using opengl.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 2.3.6
^ Agreed. It's not just the entering the battle that is slow, but about every invocation of a GF, each time. Pretty tedious after the first two times :roll:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next