View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
 Final Fantasy VIII 
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: htc incredible s
Operating System: android 2.3
ROM: nikhil xl
Post Re: Final Fantasy VIII
I want to give a tutor on how to change hle mode if maybe some people dont know how to change it. This step to enable u to pass through the ragnarok home free hang.
Step 1. Use root explorer or in my case, i use es file explorer. Use the search feature to
search '.ini' files. After the files came up, find the game files.ini in this case that
means ff8.ini . Then use text editor to open the .ini file, find 'enable hle : off' ,
change it to on , press back n save the file.
Step 2. I dont know if this step is necessary but just do it to make sure it work. Open
fpse, choose ff8 iso, open menu, setting, audio n tick spusync. Restart the fpse..
Step 3. Load the ff8 save file in game not save state, play it till the ragnarok home free,
cross finger, if u hear 'eyes on me ' intro, congratz u r home free to finish te game..

After that, change back the hle mode to off so.u can save state again...
Hope these steps can help some of us who desperately want to finish the game the third times on android like me hehehhe...

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:22 am

Primary Device: Sony Xperia Arc S
ROM: default
Another one with the balcony scene bug, can't get back inside after saving the base from missiles on CD2. There's another specific thread created a few days ago here

Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:28 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: HTC Rezound
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock GB
Im writing this because after all the forums I have scoured, I have yet to see a perfectly smooth setting for FF8 listed. Well here's the best I have come up with after hours of tinkering. It plays all the FMV's so far without trouble. Sound doesn't stutter and I get the phase into battle. It plays the game just like a real PS. Im sure many updates contributed to this and thanks to the dev for his hard work! Graphics are not the best compared to the OpenGL but I prefer gameplay over the beefed up graphics and glitchy battles. So here they are to those interested. With my HTC Rezound,
Internal software GPU plugin: (Default Fpse plugin)

Settings: NO=unchecked YES=check

System:
Force Mono Core-NO
Boost mode -NO
Autosave -Your Preference

Audio:
Null Sound plugin- NO
Spusync -YES
Mute -NO

Video:
Framelimiter -YES
Frameskip -NO
PrintFPS -YES (You want to know this lol)
Special Screen Size- Your Preference (go to MISC---->Special Screen size to switch to 4/3 for best size)
SkipFix -NO
Brightness Boost-NO
Force Landscape Orientation- Your Preference
Invertcolors -NO
ScreenFiltering -YES
Enhanced 3D rendering-YES
Hardware Acceleration-YES

And remember to put your phones power usage to High Performance.

Fri May 25, 2012 9:05 am
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Nexus
Operating System: android
Hello, So i'm super new to Fpse.

So far the game is working pretty smoothly (transitions and sound can be rough at time but not bad)

My major issue is i am unable to see any text in combat. So I cant see the action timers, or the text that allows me to see attack, Draw, Gf etc.

Thanks in advance

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:46 am
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
With opengl plugin you need to turn on offscreen drawing. with the software graphics plugin you need to turn off frame skip.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:39 pm
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
FinalfreakJake - thank you. My problem is that when I don't force mono core, its a bit stuttery, just like frame skip. Even the fps display blinks.

For those that want the opengl plugin...

Trelander wrote:
Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum, have been trying to get FPSE to work for a few days now, I am having an issue getting FF8 to run smoothly. I have managed to get most of the game to work correctly with only minor slow downs but have been unable to solve the battle transition issue. Is there something I am missing?

I am running on Android Droid Razr stock with newest (reinstalled) FPse and newest plugin (Linked from Market).

Duel core boost on
Off screen Drawing on (Seems like this is a requirement for this game)
Spusync on (Another requirement, couldn't get good sound until I did).

Most of my graphics run nice, I have 100+ FPS without framelimiter and easy 60 at all times EXCEPT the transition. Takes me forever to get battle started, once it starts I'm golden though.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Did you ever get that figured out? I'm fighting that same issue right now. Spent hours going through options. Figured out the offscreen drawing issue, also found out:

alpha multi pass messes up the menus
advanced blending makes the contrast way too high.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:54 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: HTC Desire Z
ROM: Cyanogenmod 7 Nightly
hi! When I put the original size, Instead of having two black stripes on the sides, I have two bug stripes. Something know how I can solve it?

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:58 am
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Asus transformer prime
ROM: Team EOS ICS v4.0.4
Hello all,
This is my first post so please be kind if this has been asked and fixed. I read this section and looked through the general section and could not find this problem. Ff8 is running like a champ on my Asus prime I have sound, close to no lag, and overall good experience. The only problem I have (more of annoyance) is when using the opengl the color is WAY to bright, like super bright during the SeeD dance scene you can bearly see rihna ( can remember spelling). If there is anyway to make it darker or anything please let me know, its starting to hurt my eyes :).

Edit: second post not first :)

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:15 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
Have you disabled the "boost brightness" option in video settings?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Asus transformer prime
ROM: Team EOS ICS v4.0.4
@i900frenchaddict

Maybe I'm just going but I don't see the boost brightness option. I'm using the downloaded opengl by the way if I did not mention it.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next