Final Fantasy VIII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
skwarosz
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy GIO
Operating System: Cyjanogen MOD 7.2

Re: Final Fantasy VIII

Postby skwarosz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:48 am

KEKCbl wrote:For those guys who need help to go through RAGNAROK DISC 3 FREEZE i made my save game after that moment (but be sure to watch this missing scene on youtube because it was amazing) Memcard also contain saves from start disc 3! Party pretty strong (squall has lionhart since cd 1). Enjoy!

Thank you VERY much for that save. I can finnaly finish my game.

bluezeak wrote:I have 2 comments about the last several posts...

Issues with cut scenes, especially when using the default (non OpenGL) plugin, are probably issues with the ROM being used. I recommend reripping the game. There are different posts in the forum for how to do that. That may not fix the issue - but we know the game works so the most likely issue is the ROM.

Issue with a specific part of the game - the best way to deal with these issues, since they're rare and are usually for one specific part of a game - use a totally different system. You can try a different plugin. But usually the best way is to use a different emulator. SAve the game (not a save state!). Copy the memory card file. Play the game through the problematic part on a different emulator (Epsxe for pc... Or other), save the game, copy the memory card, and have fpse use the memory card. There are other post on the forum that describe this process

About your second solution it doesn't work for me because i coudn't have my game in save point i've got error "Failed to save game".

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:47 am

skwarssz wrote:About your second solution it doesn't work for me because i coudn't have my game in save point i've got error "Failed to save game".

Never trust save states. Always use in game save. You can still use save states - they're great - just don't rely on them. My solution for using another emulator relies on using the memory card save, not save state.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

KEKCbl
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Surfpad u7
Operating System: android
ROM: FF8

Postby KEKCbl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:01 am

skwarosz wrote:
KEKCbl wrote:For those guys who need help to go through RAGNAROK DISC 3 FREEZE i made my save game after that moment (but be sure to watch this missing scene on youtube because it was amazing) Memcard also contain saves from start disc 3! Party pretty strong (squall has lionhart since cd 1). Enjoy!

Thank you VERY much for that save. I can finnaly finish my game.

i'm not sure you can finish it on emulator, i get ANOTHER freeze on the final battle with ultimecia (right before 4th form)

wawan
Primary Device: Iconia Tab a510
ROM: JB 4.2.1

Final Fantasy VIII [ Filtering texture/Black BORDER ]

Postby wawan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:31 pm

hi,

Whenever i play ff8 with fpse (android), black and/or white border lines around objects in the background can be seen when ifiltering is enable.
anyone knowns if there is possible to remove the black border with disable filtering texture?????

best regards.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:18 am

how long has this been an issue? Schtruck's last update tried to fix this I believe.

What video mode do you use? The default is 'blitting'. There's also 'old software' and 'opengl' (which you can choose from the misc menu).

wawan

Postby wawan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:03 pm

Since pictures speak louder than words...

Iconia Tab a510 (nvidia Tegra3) under Jelly Bean.

Someone has a solution to play with textures filter without black borders?

should not look to level there?

Bi-linear (texture) filtering,partial,Standard & extended (remove black lines), with and without sprite filtering (for text), or with/without sprite smoothing (6 options total)
Attachments
ff8_with__filteringTexture_opengl.jpg
Conf Opengl:
detection upload
Rendu hors écran
Mask bit
*** Filtré les textures ****
Rendu 32bits
Limite d'image/seconde spécial
Busy Fix
Agrandir largeur écran
Cache Polygon G4
Odd/even bit hack
Effacer le glitch bleu
ff8_with__filteringTexture_opengl.jpg (660.3 KiB) Viewed 19843 times
ff8_without_filteringTexture_opengl.jpg
Conf Opengl:
detection upload
Rendu hors écran
Mask bit
Rendu 32bits
Limite d'image/seconde spécial
Busy Fix
Agrandir largeur écran
Cache Polygon G4
Odd/even bit hack
Effacer le glitch bleu
ff8_without_filteringTexture_opengl.jpg (794.37 KiB) Viewed 19843 times

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:53 am

wawan wrote:Bi-linear (texture) filtering,partial,Standard & extended (remove black lines), with and without sprite filtering (for text), or with/without sprite smoothing (6 options total)

what does this mean? There's only one opengl filtering option in FPSE. Enable or Disable. All the other options are for the PC version of the plugin.

Previously, I asked what video plugin you're using - it looks like you're using the opengl plugin.

The opengl plugin is generally accepted as being too slow to play FF8. The battle swirl is just too slow. IS the battle swirl working ok for you? How long does it take for a fight to start?

You have way too many settings turned on. I think the only setting you need for this game is 'offscreen drawing' (Rendu hors écran).
These are NOT needed, as far as I know:
    -special upload detections (detection upload)
    -mask bit
    -busy fix
    -expand screen width (Agrandir largeur écran)
    -G4 polygon cache (cache polygon G4)
    -odd/even bit hack
    -remove blue glitch (Effacer le glitch bleu)

these are ok:
    - 32bits rendering (Rendu 32bits) (some people say this helps issues on sides of screen)
    - special frame limiter (Limite d'image/seconde spécial)

wawan

Postby wawan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:17 pm

I just adjust as you told me and it's always the same .. also pixelated and ugly for everything 3d precalculated

look:(opengl / opengl experimental)
Attachments
ff8_fpse_last_update_without filtering textures_ugly!.jpg
I kept only the (rendu hors de l'écran activated!).
ff8_fpse_last_update_without filtering textures_ugly!.jpg (869.33 KiB) Viewed 20123 times

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Thu May 02, 2013 4:41 am

you didn't tell me what the texture filtering options you were talking about mean.

what so you mean pixilated? the 3d looks crisp and sharp to me. if it looks too sharp to you ... yes, filtering can make it look softer but I don't think the filtering works (in any game). and. the OpenGL 3d looks SOOO much better than the software rendering ... I can't play in software mode now. and since ff8 is broken (battle swirl is too slow) I don't play it. sad. I hope the new OpenGL will work better. I did a write IP on this game and opengl several months ago in this thread.

acm
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 4
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: SCPH1001

Postby acm » Thu May 02, 2013 11:50 am

Hi all, this is my first post!

After finishing FF7 I wanted to move to FF8, but I'm having some strange issue: the cursor is moving on its own, making it hard to even get past the "New Game" screen!
I'm using the Overlay Gamepad and tried all kinds of settings already (analog, digital, external pad port, ...) but the problem remains. The cursor stops when I disable both ports, but of course there is no input possible as well; after re-enabling it just starts moving on its own again.

I found some information that FF8 has a very sensitive input, but on Android this problem seems rare. Has anyone seen this problem before, and are there some input settings that can help?

Return to “Game-Specific Help”