Final Fantasy VIII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Dan89
Primary Device: Sony Xperia U
Operating System: Android 2.3.7

Re: Final Fantasy VIII

Postby Dan89 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:01 pm

kirby wrote:Hi, I'm getting the same problem as Nivram on my HTC One S - black screen after the playstation logo.
I've ripped the rom from my original copy of the game. I've got FF7 to work with no problems and I've got FF8 to work on my laptop, but just not on android.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

you must apply a patch for remove the original protection...check here:

http://consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_patches.shtml

kirby
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC One S
Operating System: Android
ROM: FF8

Postby kirby » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks! I finally worked out how to get the patch working. I'd tried it before, but the .exe wouldn't work on my 64bit PC, but I found another program that patched it and it's working!

I might finally finish this game now! Now all I gotta do is work out the settings to get the audio working correctly...

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:00 am

The next update will contain a fix that allows you to load protected games without patching them. All you need is to obtain the relevant .sbi file. If you go here and select your version of FFVIII there will be an option to download the SBI Subchannels at the top. Once you download that simply place it in the same folder as your FFVIII image and make sure it has exactly the same name, for example:
FFVIII (Disc 1) (E).bin
FFVIII (Disc 1) (E).cue
FFVIII (Disc 1) (E).sbi
Although you've fixed your issue it is something to keep in mind if you prefer not to find a patch for every protected game you own.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Endless
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Htc One X
ROM: ff8

Postby Endless » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:24 am

I am currently starting to play ff8 and I have a problem with openGL. Without it the game works properly but looks terrible and with it the game looks good but the graphics get all weird.

At some point I got it fixed by trying to change back to the gpu plugin and for some reason the good graphics stayd and the bugs in the graphics were gone??

Am I supposed to edit something in the .ini file? How do I do that?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:32 am

Endless - lol! if you figured out how to make ff8 work, you've saved the day for us all - you tell uswhat you did :)

to your original question - what do you mean "the graphics get all weird"? DId you see my post a couple posts back which explained the settings I used? Also I had a link to a previous post which explianed some other issues.

garbacge on the sides of the screen can be fixed (for some people) by using '32-bits'.

did you really go back to the softgpu, or did you just change some / one of the opengl 'video' settings, from the 'video' menu?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

skwarosz
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy GIO
Operating System: Cyjanogen MOD 7.2

Postby skwarosz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi there, i have problem in ragnarok scene i tried everything what was posted here but still i can't pass throught those scene. I also can't save my game cause i have error "failed to save game" in savepoint so i also can't do this on my PC :( any ideas what to do now ?

edit: I have an idea if someone who pass this moment could load this save stat from Fpse and pass it and then save it back ?

Pls anyone can help me i really want to finish my game it take almost 6 month since i play FF VIII :( cause nothing helps me
Attachments
SLUS009090.rar
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 681 times

skwarosz

Postby skwarosz » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:35 pm

@Bump

Ok if no one want me to help that way so maby at least someone can share with his save right after ragnarok scene ?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:01 am

I'll help you if I can - I'll take your save state and see if I can get through it. No promises though, I'm busy, and I don't know if your save state will work for me.

did you do a google search for ff8 and save state? maybe someone else has posted a save state a long time ago you can use? you would need to do it on your pc though if you use someone elses save state.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

skwarosz

Postby skwarosz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:45 am

Yestarday i was spending about 4 hours on google looking for saves solution etc. I tried rly everything even patch my iso and still nothing. If u can't pass this by this save game try to save game in save point and send me memcard cause i cant save it :/

And thx u would like to help me.

Lando
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC ONE V
Operating System: CM10
ROM: Provision

Postby Lando » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:26 pm

theverybluefish wrote:Hello, So i'm super new to Fpse.

So far the game is working pretty smoothly (transitions and sound can be rough at time but not bad)

My major issue is i am unable to see any text in combat. So I cant see the action timers, or the text that allows me to see attack, Draw, Gf etc.

Thanks in advance

Had the same issue, turning Frameskip Off worked for me.

I'm having some sound issues still, the music isn't laggy (although in FMVs there are a few lags, but not ingame) but kinda swallows some soundeffects and parts of music. It still is ok, but knowing the the game for years now I also know the music very well and it would be cool if this worked.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”