Chrono Cross

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
taharo
Primary Device: Nexus 7

Re: Chrono Cross

Postby taharo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:49 am

bluezeak wrote:Yeah, that's pretty normal. Are you saying its slower than in previous versions of FPSE, or just that you've noticed it now? All the square games do that on battle load with OpenGL.

Follow-up. Is it also normal for the game to freeze when opening up a shop? I am just in the opening town. Went to the lady below and asked to see her Elements. Screen goes to black and freezes. Confirmed twice. I had a FPse update pushed out to me today and that did not fix it.

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

I gave up on this game.. it will never ever work right with OpenGL it always even just opening up the screen that says Playstation when it first loads has the screen broken into 4 layers. Elements broken into 4 layers.. With all the OpenGL updates I believe it's impossible to ever fix this bug!
Attachments
2012.09.22-09.21.24.jpeg
2012.09.22-09.21.24.jpeg (164.54 KiB) Viewed 20461 times
2012.09.22-09.21.22.jpeg
2012.09.22-09.21.22.jpeg (145.9 KiB) Viewed 20461 times

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:16 pm

Taharo - is that with opengl or a software mode? we know there are opengl issues ... bit we know this game has issues with fpse in general.

Molitar - if you are having issues with the playztation logo, that shouldn't have anything to do with the game. that's just the bios logo screen. i know you were already having opengl issues.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

taharo

Postby taharo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 pm

bluezeak wrote:Taharo - is that with opengl or a software mode? we know there are opengl issues ... bit we know this game has issues with fpse in general.

Molitar - if you are having issues with the playztation logo, that shouldn't have anything to do with the game. that's just the bios logo screen. i know you were already having opengl issues.

that is with opengl. I'll try it without.

molitar
Enthusiast

Postby molitar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:27 pm

bluezeak wrote:Taharo - is that with opengl or a software mode? we know there are opengl issues ... bit we know this game has issues with fpse in general.

Yeah that happens with elements so it's too much of a pain to play because if I need to change elements I have to save.. go back to HLE BIOS mode.. make whatever changes than go back to OpenGL. That's reason why I stated I think it's impossible for OpenGL to work at least with this phone correctly as even the bios logo screen is affected with OpenGL enabled. If you look at the first screen it even shows the overlay in the wrong position OpenGL just does not seem to like the non mali GPU it seems.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:13 pm

molitar, I was sending PMs back and forth with user gamerguy80 about Breath of Fire 3 (and 4). See his comment below. Something wird is going on for you to be having so many problems I think - however, I don't think you're the only one to have issues with the GS3 / adreno225.

gamerguy80 wrote:
bluezeak wrote:I don't have BOF - 3 or 4. I'll get it if I can. Many people have said they've had issue with the sg3 - have you? Do you know if you have a Mali 400 our an adreno 225?

the T-Mobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 has the Adreno 225 gpu chip in it, i think thats why i am not having issues like others who have the Mali 400, im just very lucky for it being Adreno 225
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

taharo

Postby taharo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Yeah switching back and forth between OpenGL and a mess of settings, I just can't hardly get Chrono Cross to work at all anymore. On either mode. This is on Nexus 7. It freezes at PS1 loading screen. Or it freezes on Elements screen. Or it freezes on status screen. Or it throws errors at me when trying to load save files. Or it crashes FPSe entirely half the time. Couldn't ever get the elements thing to work either. It's a major bummer, because Chrono Cross is the only reason I wanted FPSe. I'll try FFT or something.

molitar
Enthusiast

Postby molitar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Yeah I have the Adreno 225 in mine I know.

jetb88
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s2
Operating System: android ICS

Postby jetb88 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:11 pm

Ok, i ran into an issue at the point where serge is reborn. After the fmv my screen went black and the next scene would not load. I did manage to get around the issue by moving my save game to ePSXe and continuing past the fmv and move my save back again. Just thought i would highlight the issue in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Also i noticed that the status menu is working now. I'm not sure of its because i used ePSXe for a while or if one of the new fpse updates has fixed that problem. Maybe someone could confirm that. Still is laggy but good job if it's finally fixed.

gab8
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock ICS 4.04

Postby gab8 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:19 pm

Ran into a serious bug, pretty much 80% of the time that I want to make a savestate if fails to load afterwards. Using HW mode and tried it both with and without framelimit / skip.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”