Final Fantasy IX

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
DahIzzo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5 OS 5.2.21891
ROM: Cooked Miri's ROM V4.0 Radio 2.08.50.05 /576RAM

Re: Sound issues by loading savegame @supporterversion

Postby DahIzzo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:09 pm

ye sry
i posted it in the wrong section (well at first i thought the mistake was at my HD2 .ini)

but no, that issue has not been fixed alrdy (or talked over and over again)
i think ur talking about another sound issue...

its just new since the last new supporter version came out...
so prolly its not a FF8+FF9 issue, it seems to be the newest supporter version.

anyways- schtruck knws about that issue.
lets hope he will be able to fix it / find a solution.

thread can be closed / moved / w/e ... thx

HTC HD2
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Windows 7
ROM: Stock 4.0.4

Re: Final Fantasy IX

Postby HTC HD2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi

I have the FpseCE 0.10 Version and would play FF9 on it, but the game crash instantly if it try to load the iso with an windows failure log.
I have make the iso with the tutorial from this side and the anti pirate patch. Link: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=156
But nothing work......
I have change the SPU to "peopspu109.dll", too.
The same crash after load the iso.
What can i do to run it?
If i need the supporter Version to play it? but i would buy me this first if FF9 work.

I have the german platinium edition from FF9
My Mobile Phone is a HTC HD2 with the O2 1.48 ger Rom

Notice BTW: FF7 start but no button push can't be use, Harvest Moon back to nature work correktly but with an button push latency

Suicidal.Banana
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.1

Postby Suicidal.Banana » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:31 am

I have the same, since ages/many versions, its something in FpseCE, but maybe device specific, id say keep the thread open so we can see if more people have this issue, but maybe move to general discussion.
For me it happens with THPS2, exactly how DahIzzo described, its just that ive never really reported it because [1] Ive come to realize Schtruck fixes everything at some point [2] i dont really use the save/load (since i mostly play THPS2, where its not really useful, im ingame fast enough after starting the image, and it saves to memcard) & [3] i never tryed to edit LastSPU

@KowboyBebop: not to be 'rude' myself, but why are you always so easily annoyed? its clear that you have extensive knowledge on FpseCE and keep a close eye on the forums, but you cant be expect everybody (especially 'newly' joined/inactive members) to do that? just saying, i do understand your response and still wuv you ;)
Im a FpseCE supporter!

KowboyBebop
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie

Postby KowboyBebop » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:30 pm

Sorry to spam personal stuff there =/
Well I wasnt really that much annoyed by this thread and wasnt rude to autor (or was I? IF I was I apologize, because i didnt meant to this time). And yeah I'm easilly annoyed and angered at people who cant do basic stuff. I couldn't care less if they are new to this, its basic logic. When I have problem, the simplest solution is to look around if someone have already thought of solution. Why to ask or try to rediscover america? And if there is 10+ threads about same thing when there is general problem thread with 4 pages (all merged) then it annoys me to no end.

You know many people gives this project many hours/days/mounths of work. Its jus totaly stupid/rude to dont try to figure obvious things yourself which would probably takes you about 15minutes max (which is not this case).

On the other hand, please excuse me, I really am rude, should do something about it =/ and btw, i just love your polite way of asking me this, totaly awesome =)
New All-in-1 Pack
HTC HD 2 / HTC LEO // 8GB microSD class6 // ROM: EnergyROM GTX
FPSeCE Download | FPSeCE Complete How To Guide | Request new version
HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

HTC HD2

Postby HTC HD2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:33 pm

I dont know how i make the screen, i have to google for this but today its to late, i make it tomorrow.

But i think its useless because the bug report is written in german, i dont know if you can speak/read this^^*

The tip for FF7 work but after i start a new game the picture is black but the sound continues

Thank you for you help^^

EDIT:
Ok i have a good news but the next bad news too^^

I have reinstalled fpsece and FF9 starts now^^ but....
I have big sounds problems and some grafik bugs....
The sound sound very bad, but on the game not in the videos.
I have set the LastSPU=0peopspu109.dll to LastSPU=peopspu109.dll and SPUIRQWait=0 -> 1
But it only make the sound in the videos a little bit better.
the biggest problem is the seconds after about 30 to 1 minute a sinewy tone appear.
This end only for the next 30 sek till 1 minute with a change of the musik

The other Problem is that after few second the picture make some failures, artifacts
but the Most annoying is the sound problem....

What can i do? or is it a bug on the free version?

FF7 and Harvest Moon work unchanged

Ps: I have use sometimes the google translator^^

HTC HD2

Postby HTC HD2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:19 pm

I have the german PAL Version of it (platinium edition)

The sound is really weird, but sometimes ist sound good but mostly there its terrible....
the most annoying sound is the never ending sound thats sound like an crashed pc if there playes musik bevor, i hope you understand what i mean^^

for the grafik failure i have make screens, the first screen is the boot screen of FF9 with the ppf patch (witout the patch the game doesn´t start)
The second is a screen from normal.
But after few second the screen make the grafik failures (pic 3) and how longer if i on the same screen than came more failures.

which other options i have to wrote in the gamelist patch?^^

EDIT: Maybe i have the wrong PPF? i have used a other from search by google because the PPF files there are linked here are down. Maybe i have the wrong? I ( dont find the link for it at the moment, i edit it later). The first screen show a message from the patch, i belive that is an failure version because the patch said i sould buy the original software or it thats normal for these patchs?

HTC HD2

Postby HTC HD2 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Ok fpsece is really really weird :P

Yesterday i played till the scene where i play with Steiner (i dont know the english name, maybe is the same, if not i mean the knight^^) and saved in the Guardhouse by the mogry. Till to it i have the grafikbugs.

and now it's coming: Today i played until the Prima Vista (the airship) is crashed into the Enchanted forest but i had no grafikbug. I tested a new game too but with no grafik bug too.
Thats good but i dont know why it works now?
The only thing that i have change is that i have deaktivat the automatic screen brightness, i should test it.

BTW: I have donate for the supporter version, maybe the sound failure are gone than^^

HTC HD2

Postby HTC HD2 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Maybe this will help
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, or if it's just me.
The problem is an endless sound loop, like a crashed PC system.

EDIT:
OK, I have acquired the supporter version, the touch-screen works very well, but there's no change with the sound problem.

I have tested the graphics anomalies from my last configuration with the automatic brightness configuration, but I can't recreate the problem, it seems that was not the problem.

As for the sound: If I have the endlessly looping sound in the background, I hear the music as normal. If I could get rid of the endless annoying sound, I'd be very happy :)
The problems with the FMV happen regardless of what I change, and I can live without that sound either.

Anybody have any ideas?

Maybe I should Hard reset my HD2?

EDIT2:
OK, I have recorded the sound, so you can understand what I mean. My description in English isn't good, so Cloud went through and changed it. :lol: I load the game at the Moogle in Alexandria, walk, hear the menu sound and hear the Moogle sound. After 1:50 the sound problem starts. It only ends if a new song begins. Sometimes it happens immediately upon commencing battle.

EDIT3:
Sorry, here is the link:
Sound glitch video

EDIT4:
An update :)

I have Hard reset my device, but the problem is still occurs.
I have also updated my ROM from 1.48 O2 ROM to 1.66 original HTC ROM, but it too failed to solve the sound problem.

I tested it again, with the original configuration, without applying the fixes that should correct the sound issues. The result is:
With the changes, I have all sound, but sometimes with weird sounds effects and the annoying, endlessly looping sound bug.
Without the changes, I don't have the annoying sound bug, but I lose a number sound effects, for example, the ping sound as you navigate the menu.
Neither solution makes me entirely happy, but with the second, at least I am able to resist the urge to throw the phone out of the window. :lol:

(The Google-translated used to look weird, but someone (I wonder who) fixed it).

HTC HD2

Postby HTC HD2 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:49 pm

First: Sry about the think with the edit button^^* But thanks for the better translation of my text^^

Second: I have played some with the configuration from fpsece and i found a result for my sound problems^^
1: I changed LastSPU=0peopspu109.dll to LastSPU=peopspu109.dll
2: Than i changed the RunSPUsync=off to RunSPUsync=on
The result is i have all sounds and NO endlessly looping sound bug!!!^^
but the sound could sound better^^*
But very much better than wit the endless looping sound xD

Important: Dont change SPUIRQWait=0 to 1 because the game crashed ät the FMVs!!!!

Maybe i find some other configuration to make the sound quality better^^

But first thank you for your help :mrgreen:

Mr_President
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
Operating System: Android
ROM: MIUI official

Postby Mr_President » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Well well I'm back here again... about to fecking cry too!! :cry: . I took for granted that once I had a drive that could read Subchannel data that FFIX would work (and it should) but nooo. I'm back here again because I've tried ripping my original PAL FFIX discs for weeks. Atleast my current PC drive can read and rip the subchannels but it doesn't seem to help. The images I've gotten does work on a PC emulator with no patches applied. But not in FpseCE! :evil: . I've tried to rip with different settings in both CloneCD and Alcohol 120, compressed and uncompressed. I'm not joking when I say that I believe I've tried it all :lol: . Tried atleast 30-40 different rips in FpseCE but I can't get it to work.

I'm also trying to avoid using any patches at all if possible. I just can not for the love of god understand how CloudStrife's images work! :shock: . About to give up on this tbh. But I really can't see why Subchannel reading would make any difference since the data is stored in the .SUB file that CloneCD spits out, and that isn't even included in the file when compressing the .IMG with PocketISO :? . This might seem like a "whining" post but I seriously hope someone has a tip how to get it working. Oh and I've also tried to convert the CloneCD/Alcohol images to different ones (ISO, BIN, etc.) but to no awail...

//Thanks
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

Return to “Game-Specific Help”