Final Fantasy IX

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
dagger17
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5
ROM: Original ROM v1.48.207.2 GER

Re: Final Fantasy IX

Postby dagger17 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:53 pm

I have the same problem and postet this bug already here, but noone answered yet.

A workaround is to load a savestate and then before the video starts, modify the frameskip. Works for me.... sometimes.
Last edited by dagger17 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HTC HD2

Therev
Primary Device: HTC Incredible / Omnia I910
ROM: CM7

Postby Therev » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Now that you said that, it looks like i have some more investigating to do. I had it set without the 0
( I did read that post about changing it for the cut scene sound) but I did not notice it was not loading. I did not put the .dll in my windows folder :oops: now it loads fine.
but when I have it set to 0peopspu109.dll, the log shows it failed to load?
I'll have to wait for the next cut scene to test this to see if this makes the difference. Will report...

sound didn't make a difference for me
the only setting that seemed to work was changing ArmcoreMMX=on to off
Last edited by Therev on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

dagger17
Fresh Fish
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5
ROM: Original ROM v1.48.207.2 GER

Postby dagger17 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:53 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:What's the status of your 0peopspu109.dll ? With or without the 0 ?

If you ment me, I've set the SPU to "0peopspu109.dll", changing it to "peopspu109.dll" could help in videoplayback? What I've tryied is: UseOtherMDEC=on and MDEC_bw=on, but with no success.
Only frameskip helps sometimes.
HTC HD2

mversion
Fresh Fish
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: Stock

Final Fantasy IX spell cast hang...

Postby mversion » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:41 pm

Hey guys,

Made it to Disk 3 with FF9, but during the Kuja castle boss fight with Valia Pira, every time it tries to cast Thundaga the game just hangs. Everything runs fine, if any of my characters turn comes up I am able to assign commands, however nothing will happen until the boss casts Thundaga, which just doesn't happen.

This was happening with random monster encounters, one casting the sleep spell, and in fact fpsece would crash and exit completely when another would try to cast Poison.

Any ideas?

I haven't done any modifcations to the ini file apart from changing the graphicdriver from 3, to 2, to 1.

I have a HD2. The copy I have is a euroemo.net download.

I also have the crash at the beginning of cutscenes issue, but I found that if I load my save file as soon as fpsece loads which causes no in game sounds, then the FMVs would play back just fine.

masrer hd2
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: htc hd2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: stock

Postby masrer hd2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:09 pm

can you make a guide on how to create the ff9 iso and how to remove the protection? I'm crazy.... thanks

DahIzzo
Fresh Fish
Operating System: 6.5 OS 5.2.21891
ROM: Cooked Miri's ROM V4.0 Radio 2.08.50.05 /576RAM

Postby DahIzzo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:19 pm

game works rly nice and fine here....
only some less sound issues in videos, but thats okay...
also i can confirm the "not able to save duo incorrupt savefiles"
sad :-(
but i donated today and hope ill get supporter version soon- so i can save and head on with gaming *gg*
ff games are so awsome ;-)

Mr_President
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
Operating System: Android
ROM: MIUI official

Postby Mr_President » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi!

Alright so I've ripped my first FFIX disc today with CloneCD. I have been following CloudStrife86's tutorial. Now the thing is that I haven't actually tested the rom yet because... I get 3 different files after ripping the game with CloneCD, a .ccd, .img and .sub. Can PocketISO even read the .ccd and .sub files when analyzing for XA/video tracks? Because PocketISO can't find anything in my .img file, and yes I did check "Enhanced XA Detection". The fact that the .sub file is quite large adds to the confusion.

So my questions are: Am I supposed to end up with only a .iso/.bin/.img file and nothing else using CloneCD? And is PocketISO supposed to find XA or video streams when analyzing the FFIX file or is it just different from game to game?

Btw. I got an error on an older PC when trying to rip FFIX using CloneCD. The CD/DVD player couldn't read/write 96 bytes of subchanneldata so got bad rips with it (couldn't read past the copyprotection). The PC I'm using now does the job perfectly. Just need the two questions above answered. Hopefully by CloudStrife86 since he says that he did rip the game with CloneCD and without patching! Which is what I also wanna do...

/Thanks
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

Mr_President
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
Operating System: Android
ROM: MIUI official

Postby Mr_President » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:16 pm

CloudStrife86 wrote:Hi Mr_President,

The only file you need that CloneCD spits out is the one with the .img extension; anything else can be discarded. If you want to run the game without patching, you need to rip the subchannel data (you can do that with CloneCD).

Hope that helps you.

Sweet, thanks alot for the super fast answer :D . Ye the drive I got now can read/write the subchannel data so no problem. Gonna go ahead and rip all my game CDs. Too bad you can't compress the audio files in this game to mp3, would've saved me some space :( . Thanks again!
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

DahIzzo
Fresh Fish
Operating System: 6.5 OS 5.2.21891
ROM: Cooked Miri's ROM V4.0 Radio 2.08.50.05 /576RAM

Sound issues by loading savegame @supporterversion

Postby DahIzzo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:23 pm

hmmh
i suddenly got no sound anymore- if i reload a saved game (via supporter save/load buttoms)
sound is totally gone then
current game playing: Final Fantasy 9
the game itself works just perfect.
i alrdy changed
LastSPU=peopspu109.dll

didnt helped
you can download my current ini at attachments down there...

is there something wrong in it? i just recived the supporter version - but except that "loading sound issue" - everything works perfect! (multitouch, gsensor etc...)

any solution/idea?
i alrdy searched in older threads / posts about a solution... but nothing found :?

i dont think its the gamefile/iso- it works just perfect
but in the other hand- i didnt used PocketISO, cause i dont care to have 7XX MB ea game- i gota 16 GB card inside xD

or COULD it REALLY be that i HAVE to use pocket iso??
thanks for your help , im still nota pro guy in that all things... :-)
greez

EDIT:
LOL
now i changed
LastSPU=peopspu109.dll

back to
LastSPU=0peopspu109.dll

now the sound works at loading savedatas via supporter version manually.

but then the problem is (with LastSPU=0peopspu109.dll ) that there is NO sound in FMV's anymore
( i only get sound ON at FMV's with making LastSPU=peopspu109.dll )

do i have to switch those LastSPU's everytime to get the full game working as it should? lol xD
:lol: :lol:

edit: same issue with FF8-
before the supporter version ff8 worked fine and normal =((

help please, some ideas?
Attachments
fpse.rar
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 1040 times

KowboyBebop
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie

Re: Sound issues by loading savegame @supporterversion

Postby KowboyBebop » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:34 am

Well dont really know what are you doing with your fpse.ini and all (what sound in loaded state but not ingame? dont get it) But this issues was talked over and over again. The solution (if there is one) must be already anwered. Also, this is not HD2 issue (am I right?) so post in game specific section of support forum (I'm pretty sure that this game is already there discusssed).

Edit: Also dont double post.
New All-in-1 Pack
HTC HD 2 / HTC LEO // 8GB microSD class6 // ROM: EnergyROM GTX
FPSeCE Download | FPSeCE Complete How To Guide | Request new version
HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Return to “Game-Specific Help”