Final Fantasy IX

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
UKTechSquad
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: Android 4.1
ROM: Cooked - dunno what its called tho. Just rooted it

Re: Final Fantasy IX on Nexus 7

Postby UKTechSquad » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Thanks a lot!

Works brilliantly. It's amazing to be playing these game on my Nexus 7.
I've longed to re-play FFIX , I never did finish it back in the day, but the thought of digging the PSX from a box in the
garage and hooking it up with an RF lead to my HDTV made me think it just wasn't worth the effort.
But now it's on a 7" screen paired with a wireless PS3 SixAxis controller, I may finally get to use disc 4 :)

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Re: Final Fantasy IX on Nexus 7

Postby storm20200 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Glad I could help, enjoy!
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

orize
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: galaxy s 3

Re: Final Fantasy IX

Postby orize » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:39 am

I'm playing ff9 with galaxy s3 and up until now there's no problen and just constant bug (that sometime wipes off data and make me got to replay again and again) but for now the problem is just weird . I'm at disc 3 now and its the cid and weight stuff to save other party members.. attached the acreenshot here btw . There' s no problem until when successfully adding the corrwct weight and jumping feom the scale, when chaging to next scene screen goes alk black but the bgm keep rolling.

Anyone know what happen with this ?
Attachments
2012-09-09 18.40.40.png
2012-09-09 18.40.40.png (178.16 KiB) Viewed 21403 times

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Any way you could try another disc? Sounds like it may be a scratched disc causing the issue. I could be wrong but that reminds me of my broken FFIX disc 2 where it always broke that way at Cleyra.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

orize
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: galaxy s 3

Postby orize » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:24 pm

storm20200 wrote:Any way you could try another disc? Sounds like it may be a scratched disc causing the issue. I could be wrong but that reminds me of my broken FFIX disc 2 where it always broke that way at Cleyra.

I tried playing it again by loading from memiry card ( usually i use save in program) and it work fine !

Torally not related but new problem now after recent update, game speed slow down and then appear game disc cover opened.. woot

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Orize, I didn't understand you. Are you saying there is a problem, or something good? If its s problem what is the problem?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

smokinfish
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: ICS
ROM: Stock

Postby smokinfish » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:01 pm

This, my friends, is just annoying. You pay £3 for a "Playstation Emulator," yet it doesn't work properly, where is the dev team in all this? Why is it left to us to make it work, we aren't getting paid for it, quite the opposite. If it can't run PSOne games on a processor 10x as fast, why am I being charged £3 for it?

Anyway, after following all the settings given in this post (thank God they're here, I was going to cry!) I have the game (FF9) up and running on my Samsung Galaxy Note. Well, I SAY up and running, it's by NO WAY slick. So, we have to "put up" with no swirls at the start of battle-scenes, I know it's not a big deal, but they're part of the game, and an emulator should PLAY the GAME, right off the bat! IT should adjust all the settings, not us!

I'm muddling through it, but I CAN'T get used to the music and well, everything, STOPPING for a split second every time there is a scene/camera change. EVERY time! You're just getting into the story, and GAP then it continues until it GAP does GAP it again. IT'S SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anything be done? Some other magical setting that WE have to discover? lol

Any help would be appreciated.

aceofrazgriz
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Eee Pad Transformer
ROM: Stock

Postby aceofrazgriz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:18 pm

anyone play with new settings on openGL plugin? see if theres any changes with all that? i've been lacking the time to check

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:37 am

aceofrazgriz wrote:anyone play with new settings on openGL plugin? see if theres any changes with all that? i've been lacking the time to check

See my opengl post (see my signature for link). There is a setting for FFIX, but I didn't see it make a difference.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:55 am

smokinfish wrote:This, my friends, is just annoying. You pay £3 for a "Playstation Emulator," yet it doesn't work properly, where is the dev team in all this? Why is it left to us to make it work, we aren't getting paid for it, quite the opposite. If it can't run PSOne games on a processor 10x as fast, why am I being charged £3 for it?

Anyway, after following all the settings given in this post (thank God they're here, I was going to cry!) I have the game (FF9) up and running on my Samsung Galaxy Note. Well, I SAY up and running, it's by NO WAY slick. So, we have to "put up" with no swirls at the start of battle-scenes, I know it's not a big deal, but they're part of the game, and an emulator should PLAY the GAME, right off the bat! IT should adjust all the settings, not us!

I'm muddling through it, but I CAN'T get used to the music and well, everything, STOPPING for a split second every time there is a scene/camera change. EVERY time! You're just getting into the story, and GAP then it continues until it GAP does GAP it again. IT'S SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anything be done? Some other magical setting that WE have to discover? lol

Any help would be appreciated.

You're post is offensive. You are asking everything to be given to you on a platter, and you're showing anger when it's not given to you. Ignorant and self-centered is the way I'm reading the position of your post.

I assume you're talking about running FF9 in OpenGL. First off - I agree with you on The fact that schtruck, the dev, has not been forthcoming with information about opengl. He should explain it better - there are too many settings. I was bothered by that for a long time, and finally decided to do something about it. I created an extened post that explains everything that I could undrestand, and then goes further to try to explain how to use opengl on the different hardware platforms. If you want information - go look at that post (see my signatrure for the link). OpenGL, even on the best android tablets and phones, is not perfectly smooth, and some graphics don't work (e.g. battle swirl). On 'good' phones it runs decent, but still requires frameskip which makes it unsmooth.

If you knew anything about the history of emulation, you would know it was a long, arduous process. When hardware got good enough that everthing could be done in software, things got easier. Hardware acceleration still allows for much better graphics for 3D, but is still much less compatible and has issues. That's the current reality of emulating psx games on phones. If you can make it better - jump into the coding and help.

Have you been around for the last month? And the 12 - TWELVE - updates the dev has been pushed out? How can you say the dev isn't doing anything, besides self centered ignorance?

The dev has just released a 3rd rendering engine for psx. Old software, new software, and of course opengl. The new software engine, opengl es 2.0, renderes just like the old software engine, but with bilinear filtering (which usually kills performance), and it runs FASTER and MORE STABLE than the old software version.

As for sound, there was a major issue with sound, and it's been fixed. The sound is still not 100%, but the dev continues to work to make things constantly better.

I recommend you use the latest version, with the new software mode - opengl es 2. It should run about as fast as your hardware (and current android ROM you are using with it) will allow.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”