Vagrant Story

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
darkcloud
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Acer S500 CloudMobile
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Vagrant Story

Postby darkcloud » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Hello.
I bought FPse today and I tried to run Vagrant Story, but I get stuck on the blue "Now Loading..." screen...
I downloaded another iso of the game than the one I already have, but that one's stuck too (might be the same copy practically, I had the same cd i used to play on my psx back in 2002).
My device is Acer CloudMobile s500, running stock 4.0.1.
Could you please help? I tried fiddling around with the options, but nothing seems to work sadly...

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Vagrant Story

Postby schtruck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:00 pm

You re the second who report that. What region is your game? This game is protected , have you got the patch?

darkcloud
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Acer S500 CloudMobile
ROM: Stock

Postby darkcloud » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm

It's the us version, I haven't patched it however, I've no idea how to do so... I'm pretty sure it did use to work in ePSXe however and on my chipped psx. How can I patch it?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:39 pm

you need to patch your iso, from gamecopyworld.

f3flight
Primary Device: GT-N8000
ROM: Stock 4.1.1

Postby f3flight » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:35 pm

With FPSE 0.11.69 (latest) and OpenGL I get black screen in Vargant Story on my GT-N8000. Everything is ok with default driver, but OpenGL does not even show "NOW LOADING" screen.

Also, with default driver, I have saved my game via QUICK SAVE and then when I loaded it with QIUCK LOAD, I got glitchy graphics, and this happened every time I QUICK LOAD-ed, so I had to load by waiting until start menu and choosing memory card save.

f3flight
Primary Device: GT-N8000
ROM: Stock 4.1.1

Postby f3flight » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:04 pm

darkcloud wrote:Hello.
I bought FPse today and I tried to run Vagrant Story, but I get stuck on the blue "Now Loading..." screen...
I downloaded another iso of the game than the one I already have, but that one's stuck too (might be the same copy practically, I had the same cd i used to play on my psx back in 2002).
My device is Acer CloudMobile s500, running stock 4.0.1.
Could you please help? I tried fiddling around with the options, but nothing seems to work sadly...

I was able to bypass this issue by starting game with Boost OFF, and while the message "NOW LOADING" is on screen, I went to SETTINGS - SYSTEM and set Boost to ON.

So just start the game with SETTINGS - SYSTEM - Boost unticked and then tick it. When you return to game, it will load in a few seconds.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”