Final Fantasy V

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
RedDevil69
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 P5100
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: scph1001

Final Fantasy V

Postby RedDevil69 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:06 am

I bought fpse and run game for which never had time.

Nice.

Unfortunately games freeze every time in cut scenes when the hero receiving ninja skill.
This is cut scene after blowing up fire castle.

Any prepositions ?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Final Fantasy V

Postby schtruck » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:36 pm

retry with spusync to off from audio menu , then quit and restart the game

RedDevil69
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 P5100
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: scph1001

Postby RedDevil69 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:02 am

After turning off spusync I can't open quick save :(

xianpoxi
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: nexus 7
Operating System: android

Postby xianpoxi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:51 am

I experience the same problem with ffv.
It also happens when trying to collect the world map in the ship graveyard and trying to win shiva.
After achieving any of these things the background animation continues, the emulator menu still pops up, but the controls become non responsive.

This happens whether spu sync is on or off.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:15 am

What gfx plugin are you using? Try using a different one. Try blitting or opengl. Opengl probably needs offscreen drawing and alpha Multipass. If there's problems turn those off one by one - restart fpse after changing the setting.

Do not rely on save states!! Use in game saves. You can still use save states, but do not rely on them!
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

xianpoxi
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: nexus 7
Operating System: android

Postby xianpoxi » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:26 pm

I've been using the default software drawing.
I tried you suggestions and eventually got a work around.. But its not exactly pretty.

I switched to opengl and the same problem happens.
If I disable off screen drawing, then you cannot see any menus and loading the game is a big challenge.
If I disable alpha multi pass, then the character sprite disappears... In the ship graveyard anyway.
However, you don't need to reset the program or game for either of those options.

So if you turn off alpha multi pass right before the freezing point, it works. Then you can turn it right back on.
However, the game really doesn't look as good on opengl as it does in default settings on the old software rendering on my nexus7.
I might be able to adjust more opengl settings, but its tedious.

Thank you for your help.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:34 pm

WHAT?!? The game looks worse on opengl that it does on blitting? I don't believe it... That's crazy talk. I'm going to have to try to get a copy of that game and see for myself...

Opengl has a lot of options bit it shouldn't be that tedious when you know what the options do. There's really only a couple that should matter. My spreadsheet should list them - have you seen my spreadsheet? Check my signature and check the link for the spreadsheet.

Ok, I did have it, final fantasy anthology - final fantasy V. That was a snes game that was ported (right?). So... There's not much (anything?) for opengl to help - nothing 3d. But it still processes the game differently. For me it killed the fps and didn't help the box at all. Without any 3d though I don't think it can help. In fact, it may make things worse as it may make the angles / edges of images more sharp, making them look even more low res / pixilated.

I'm glad you got past that part of the game. I agree, opengl is probably not good for this game.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “Game-Specific Help”