Philosoma

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Philosoma not working in FPse

Postby bluezeak » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:40 am

ok, I was able to test it. I tested it with both opengl and softgpu. evertyhing works well at first. plays pening movie, gets to main start screen, you can go into confiugration screen, and change options....

However, once you 'start', after the mdec (video), it flashes 'pahse 1' - and then hangs. wihtout framlimiter, on my phone it plays at ~295 fps. forever (I waited about a minute).

This is similar to the issue I have with g-police - that is, the way it freezes up is similar. IT may be related, though I suspect the exact cause may be different. in g-police the controls don't work hardly at all, and when it freezes the fps go up to like 1300 - crazy high. in persona, after the 'phase 1', the controls work fine until the 'phase 1' screen then it locks up entirely, but the fps are only ~300 not ~1300.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3711&p=29146#p29146

So - I suspect this game is broken in fpse. The movie looed good - I don't know anything about the game but it looks fun. maybe one day schtruck will get it fixec - but there's so much other stuff going on that I wouldn't want him to blow hours to just fix one game - unless he finds it's a bigger issue, or this gets fixed while he's fixing something else ... or he's just cool enough to fix it :). Anway ... one day.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: philosoma crash.

Postby bluezeak » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:41 am

this thread has been taken up in a new thread:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3719&p=29144#p29144
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “Game-Specific Help”