Legend of Mana Wont save to memory card or save state

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
jgjohn.t34
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Inspire 4G
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Legend of Mana Wont save to memory card or save state

Postby jgjohn.t34 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:31 am

Legend of Mana works perfectly fine but will not save to memory card or savestate... It saves to the savestate but when I try to load the savestate it crashes. Please can anyone help me! I really want to play this game on my phone!

I've downloaded multiple versions of the game and same result so it has to be something with FPSE. All my other games work and save just fine.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Re: Legend of Mana Wont save to memory card or save state

Postby bluezeak » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:01 am

Lol, I was finally able to get that game and I can't figure out how to same at all.

Can you save in other games? Do you have the bios file? Have you configured fpse to use it? If you've done all that, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling fpse?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

jgjohn.t34
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Inspire 4G

Postby jgjohn.t34 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Yeah i can save in other games, I have the bios...

What do you mean have I configured fpse to use it? Do I have to change the settings to save? The game itself works perfectly fine. Its just when I save it says it has saved.. But if i reset or something the file is gone...

And no I havent unistalled fpse and reinstalled... You think that would help?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:01 am

You need a copy of the bios file, as noted in the setup instructions of fpse (menu, help, "start how to" section). when you load the file as it says to do there, I don't think you get a confirmation, it just goes straight to the 'select iso to load' - that's normal, just choose your game.

Since you said that you have the bios and it works in other games ..... I don't know. Tell me how to save the game so I can test it. I have the game, but don't know how to save it. where do I go, what menu to I access in the game to save?

Try creating a new memory card. Do a google search for 'fpse create memory card'. Basically you backup your memory card (see below), make a copy of it, boot into psx bios, delete everything on the (copied) memory card, then play the game. See if that works.

See the posts here from bongobong (see pages 14 and 15, this link is to page 15). He said uninstalling and reinstalling saved the day for him. Be sure to backup your setting if you have any save states or save games that you want to keep - menu, misc, backup. I wouldn't re-import, I would just go to menu, misc, memory card / save state and point to the location it puts them (sdcard/fpsebackup). I actually copied them to a different folder so I wouldn't mess with the backup when I do backups.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=433&start=140
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Mana_Enthusiast
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy A20

Postby Mana_Enthusiast » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:35 am

Hi there,

I don't mean to revive an old thread, I'm also new to this message boards thing and not sure if I should make a new thread but I also have this same problem. I can save in other games but I can't seem to save in this one. I only noticed today that my progress from last night wasn't saved. Thankfully it was only about 30 minutes of gameplay. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy A20.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:43 pm

Have you tried the slot 2?

Is it original memory card files provided by fpse or you brought your file

Mana_Enthusiast
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy A20

Postby Mana_Enthusiast » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:20 pm

Hey, I just now fixed this after reading a forum on the epsxe message boards that sometimes different bios files affect the way the games does things and after loading bios 041a the game saves and loads just fine. Yes the memory card is fpse native.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:28 pm

good to know, thanks for your feedback

Return to “Game-Specific Help”