Problem loading several Japanese games

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
pq1111
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Problem loading several Japanese games

Postby pq1111 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:14 am

Hi

I have a few Japanese games that will not load. I've included a list below and some details.

I was able to load American FF Tactics and Xenogears just fine. Are Japanese games not compatible?

The following won't open, error message says "FPse has exited, stop all applications to free memory and restart, contact authors for help":

Final Fantasy Tactics (J) (v1.1) SLPS-00770

Tokimeki Memorial- Private Collection (J) SLPM-86001

Yarudora Series Vol.4- Yukiwari no Hana (J) (Disk 1) SCPS-10069

And this one opened, but past the opening movie scene the sound is glitchy (repeats an early segment over and over really fast) and after you set up your name etc the screen goes black and freezes:

True Love Story 2 (Japan) (Disk 1)

I searched the forum before posting and there was only 1 thread that was sort of relevant to my problem, a poster said to go to gamecopyworld.com and remove the image restrictions that Japanese games have. If such image restriction was the problem I would think one of the games that actually loaded but froze up would not load at all. I'm not a technical guru though, just logical enough to follow steps, so I might be way off.

Some of these files were originally rar and extracted to 7z, which then extracted to a file with .bin and .cue files inside. Some were 7z to start off and decompressed into the same type of file with .bin and .cue.. I don't think that matters but I thought I'd put out every piece of info I can think of.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on stock Android 2.3.6

I bought FPse mainly to play Japanese games. There are some interesting Japanese titles not available in English and I don't want to deal with the bad translations in the American FF Tactics. I'm really hoping there is a solution to this. Please help!! I'm more than happy to supply any additional info you might need.

Thanks for making this emulator, I was going nuts over the idea of having Japanese PSX games on the go, please help me make that happen!!

oxxmossxxo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Droid INC2 Rooted
Operating System: 3474612615
ROM: Sabotage Sense V1.4 2.3.4

Re: Problem loading several Japanese games

Postby oxxmossxxo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:04 pm

I'm assuming it has to do with the BIOS file. If I remember correctly, there are different BIOS files for PAL and NTSC games. American games are NTSC and I think "don't quote me :) " Japanese games are PAL. So, you have to find a BIOS file that works with Japanese games and switch to that BIOS when you're playing those games. Hope that helps!

pq1111

Postby pq1111 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 pm

Thanks! I considered that but I did read in a Japanese forum the 1001 bios works fine for most, so I didn't try it. I looked into it further and there is a SCPH1000 bios specifically for Japanese games so I'm going to see if that works. Hopefully it does...

pq1111

Postby pq1111 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Ok I spoke too soon.. it still doesn't work. It gets further, the files load and a sony logo comes up. Then it goes to a CD player adjustment screen that looks kind of botched. I've loaded 3 different games and this is happening to every game.

I'm going to look for other BIOS, I'm not sure if each game has a different BIOS, since there seems to be a pretty large list..

Let me know if anyone has any insight or suggestions. Someone out there must've tried to load a Japanese game? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Return to “Game-Specific Help”