View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
 Final Fantasy VII 

Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Post Re: Final Fantasy VII
This emulator has a huge glitch where if you're fighting with only one person then the game will freeze on MANY battle animations (some of them are the enemy's so you can't control the freezes).
This will happen when you are in the battle arena, or when you are forced to separate from your party near the end of the game. Also, the final boss of the game is a forced one person fight, and it's supposed to take a while so you can bet 100% it will freeze at some point unless you cheat to 1hko him.

Until this is fixed, FF7 should be not be classified as playable, since you cannot beat it.

I think everyone should know this before starting to play.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Post Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Leviathan Freeze
It's been a while and I figured out that the problem is not Leviathan, or even the Battle Arena (though it does affect it). The real problem is for some strange reason, playing with only 1 character will cause many battle animations to freeze the game. I suppose the biggest issue here is that you cannot successfully beat the final boss because of this.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:16 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Asus transformer prime
Operating System: Android
ROM: Team EOS ICS v4.0.4
First i would like to say that this program is awesome have my PS1 library at my finger tips is insane :D, now i really hope there is a way to fix my problem. I'm stuck in the life stream memory section on FF7, the scene where Tifa is trying to help cloud get his head straight. The FMV keeps freezing and i can get past it. i loaded an emulation to my computer thinking i would find away to transfer the save and pass that scene on my PC, but i can't get it to work :cry: :cry: . I moved the memory card data to the PC and renamed them to the proper file ext but the PC version says there blank. So after this longed winded 1/2 rant 1/2 cry for help. Can anyone tell me either how to transfer the save or skip the FMV all together.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP
rand4ll wrote:
neiljwd wrote:
Well It turns out, changing a setting and backing into the game doesn't change it.
You have to change it, back into the game, and then RESTART fpse for SOME to take effect.

Anyway I found settings that work on the latest release of fpse with FFVII.iso.

AUDIO:
Spusync -ON
Other two off.

Video:
Adjust Frambuffer Access - ON
Special Upload Detection - ON
OffScreen Drawing - ON
32 Bits rendering -ON (I had to turn this un without an .iso loaded, wouldn't 'stick' in game.)
Everything else off.

Additionally Framelimiter ON, slows the game down, Frameskip ON Speeds it up markedly. :)

This makes the game 100% playable, and cut scenes viewable.

Niggles:
Select hand is a black shadow. No hand on start up screen. There's often some flashy texture pop-in in some areas. Areas Backgrounds have black borders (think this is unchangeable if you have OpenGL plugin). NOT FMV's, but cut scenes that are part background, part movement, part render engine, get thin black lines down it, but viewable.

Anyway, if anyone wants to take these settings and further test for improvements, be my guest and please report back if you find any, ta!

I was working on getting the messed up menus fixed before I even found your post on here. However, if you are still around and still looking, I got the game playing damn near perfect with battle menu and white hand. I do not get any swirl into the battle and can't figure that part out, my settings are as follows:

[u]AUDIO:[/u]
Spusync -ON
Other two off.

Video:
Framelimiter - ON
Original Screen Size - ON (not needed, but i like the look of it in original 4:3)
OffScreenDrawing - ON
Alpha Multipass - ON (I think this one adds the white hand)
Anti Aliasing - ON (not necessary but should make it look better if your system can handle it)
Everything else off.

As stated, with these setting and OpenGL plugin on latest market version i get white hand and battle menu and the game pretty much always stays pegged at 60fps and even all cut screens work great. I do get some music lag at start of battle but it is minor. The things I would like to fix is i get a tiny bit of artifacting here and there on screen (colored very thin lines) but that is a minor niggle and doesn't really bother me. Would also like to be able to get the starting battle animation, but again, not important for gameplay.

I do ask for some of your help though too, is there somewhere that defines what all these options are? For instance, I had the 32Bits Rendering on when trying to find out how to get it to work, and once i got everything working right, i went through unselecting boxes and restarting after every change to be sure it takes effect, and I found that 32Bits rendering didn't do anything at all for me...Also see you use Adjust Framebuffer Access and Special Upload Detection, I just tried adding these to my above settings and they didn't seem to do anything for me, any idea what they are supposed to do? Really what would be great is a nice listing of what every option does for the FPse OpenGL plugin on Android!!

Please let me know if I helped anyone out or if some of my above issues can be fixed by some of these other settings. I have been messing with it for over 4 hours now and am ready to give up for the time being (also played for about 2 hours with great looking graphics!!!) and get some rest.

I wouldnt mind the lack of battle starting animation if it didnt freeze up everytime there was a battle. I have to wait for 10 seconds while the audio stutters until the battle even begins.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:05 pm
Profile WWW

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Does anyone have Galaxy Note and can get this game working without force closing before battle starts? Can you share your settings? The fartest I got is after the first train ride and subway track and then battles don't work anymore. Thanks!

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:38 am

Primary Device: Samsung Epic 4G
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: CM9 RC1
Post Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Leviathan Freeze
Right with you. Came to same conclusion, still stuck trying to beat final version of Sephiroth. I got DAMN lucky to get through the battle square finale. Had to play it over and over and just hope the last guy (forget name) didn't use the one attack that froze the game.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:00 am
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
As previously described in the post below, I seem to be having the same issue with the game not responding to any "button" input resulting in the prelude video looping endlessly and leaving the ability to start a new game inaccessible. From my time spent browsing this and similar topics I have not yet found a solution to this problem. If anyone has any feedback that would be greatly appreciated. My device is the Samsung Epic 4G Touch.

basseMaG wrote:
Hi!

I have problem with this game. When i have start i see only movie. Movie is end and begin, end and begin, end and begin... Zero reaction about start or select or x, triangle etc. This is a original rip, i don't use pocketIso. Bios is recomended 1001.bin

My phone:
Motorola MB511 Flipout @ 1GHz
Android 2.1 Eclair ROOT

Tekken 3 and Metal Gear Solid works great.

Screenshot:

Ideas?

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:21 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: HTC ONE V
Operating System: CM10
ROM: Provision
Luremaster wrote:
For sound problem, the solution is simply...this happen because of stereo sound, just go in fpse.ini file and set DisStereo=1, this solves the sound problem for all mobiles.

Thank you mate, that solved my sound issues. I was going mad because of the stuttering sound.

Edit: Still have a little problem during the fighting screen. The cursor in battle is not pointing to an enemy, but on my Partys character names. It still know who I'm attacking, because when you press select a box pops up that shows your the target, but it still is kinda annoying.
Also, in the Menu the text is a little hard to read, because some letters are black instead of white. Nothing major but it if someone knows the solution to this I'd be very thankful.

My Options in FPSE are:
Audio: SPUSync on, rest off
Video: Framelimiter, Frameskip (up to 50 frames) framerate on, rest off

By the way, I know my Phone is low end, but FF VII runs quite smooth, just having some slowdowns during the battles. The Game is still enjoyable.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:23 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: gnex
Operating System: 4.1
ROM: ff7
I was able to reach final battle and just now experimentthe freezee. I was playing with a Samsung captivate the and now a galaxy nexus with android 4.1...

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:50 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Xperia Mini Pro
Operating System: Android
fd4101 wrote:
I'm stuck in the life stream memory section on FF7, the scene where Tifa is trying to help cloud get his head straight. The FMV keeps freezing and i can get past it. i loaded an emulation to my computer thinking i would find away to transfer the save and pass that scene on my PC, but i can't get it to work :cry: :cry: . I moved the memory card data to the PC and renamed them to the proper file ext but the PC version says there blank. So after this longed winded 1/2 rant 1/2 cry for help. Can anyone tell me either how to transfer the save or skip the FMV all together.

I have this problem too. Any ideas ?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next