Ape Escape - Stuck on main menu

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Nemo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Ape Escape - Stuck on main menu

Postby Nemo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Hey!

I'm trying to play the great game Ape Escape on my Xperia Play, but I can't get it to work.
The game loads fine and I can skip the intro video by pressing any button, however when I get to the main menu I can't move the cursor or press New Game or anything. After a while it goes into "Demo" mode, it runs fine and I can press Start to go back to the menu, still can't press New Game...
I've set the controls to analogue and I've tried the on-screen buttons as well but it won't work. I remember having the same problem in PSXPeria, that native emulator from Sony that had analogue support, but that didn't work either. I just figured something was wrong with that emulator but now I also get the same problem in FPse (v.11.11) so something else is going on.

So I was hoping someone here could help me out with it. Has anyone gotten Ape Escape to work? Am I missing something?
I searched and found some references to it, but it appeared to run fine for those people. I wonder why it's not working for me.
Maybe something went wrong with the ISO, I ripped it from my own PAL version... but I can't understand how that could make any difference. :?

Grateful for any help.

Nemo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Re: Ape Escape - Stuck on main menu

Postby Nemo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Nevermind, it seems the PAL version has issues with PSX emulators. I got the NTSC version from... ehrr... a friend, and it worked. The voice acting in this version is really crappy though, but I'll manage.
Hopefully in the future Schtruck can make the PAL version work but in the meantime I can play this. :)

Return to “Game-Specific Help”