Final Fantasy VII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
boddyr
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5

Final Fantasy VII

Postby boddyr » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:36 am

Hi all,

1st post, so I'll start by saying this a fantastic app. Using it on my HTC HD2. With Destruction Derby 2 and Gran Turismo 2 running perfectly

Now then, I've got FFVii which installs fine and runs great but the sound is wrong. I know others appear to have had an issue from doing some Google searches.
Is there a way to resolve this?
Doubtful its an .ini problem, I assume its with the ripping of the game iso's.

I own the game, which I got the .img files from. Then used PocketISO. (taking the instructions from the tutorial on here).

Has anyone managed to get it working with no sound issues?

Cheers

mastanobu
Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)
Operating System: build 21887 6.5
ROM: Josh's PerfectBlack 1.7-FINAL

Re: FFVii Sound Issue

Postby mastanobu » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:39 am

In what way is the sound wrong? I know it skips and stutters. But is it playing the wrong music in certain areas?
Find me at http://www.totalgamerz.com - Ryo
XDA - ryotgz

boddyr
Fresh Fish

Re: FFVii Sound Issue

Postby boddyr » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:03 pm

like u say, it skips/stutters.
I didnt quite know how to put it into words.

mastanobu

Re: Final Fantasy VII

Postby mastanobu » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:42 pm

You can try changing LastSPU=0peopspu109.dll to LastSPU=peopspu109.dll

If that change helps a little, then try changing SPUIRQWait=0 to SPUIRQWait=1 and see if that helps too.
XDA - ryotgz

boddyr
Fresh Fish

Postby boddyr » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:25 pm

actually it has made it better.
I was changing the settings in the games FFVII1.ini file (i thought that would make sense)
whereas I had to change it in the fpsce.ini file.

There are still issues in the movie sequences with the sound, but overall within the gameplay its not too bad

nox12
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HD2

Postby nox12 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:56 am

Hello all,

For some reason a moderator deleted my last post on exactly the same topic, saying that it had already been solved in this thread :S

I actually read this thread before making my post, and made both changes. The SPUIRQwait made no difference, but the peopspu made it significantly better.

However, the sound is still horrible and wrong compared to the original, and FMVs stutter a lot more with the patch than they did without.

This is on my HD2.

Is there any actual fix or is the moderator just talking crap? Does the supporter version still have these issues?

Thanks,
nox12

nox12
Fresh Fish

Postby nox12 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:38 pm

Q-Ball wrote:
nox12 wrote:For some reason a moderator deleted my last post on exactly the same topic, saying that it had already been solved in this thread :S

Firstly I don't delete it. Just move it to another section of our board (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=844).
Secondly you make a topic for the game which already existed in "Game-Specific Help" board section.
Sorry but I must to ask you to read the Rules .
And of course you need to know that for each game in this section we have only one topic.

OK, I didn't know that, sorry. :-).

So... does anyone know if the supporter version fixes this problem? This is important for me because the ONLY ps1 game I want to play on my HD2 is ff7.

mastanobu

Postby mastanobu » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 pm

It might be better with the timing "update" that schtruck made, but I don't have an HD2. It will probably be better once the new timing re-write is released, but we have some wait time for that. The supporter is only 5 euro and if you can spare that, I would go for it.
XDA - ryotgz

nox12
Fresh Fish

Postby nox12 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:51 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:It seams that sound issues differ from iso to iso....and whether it's patched or not
I chose not to have sound in cutscenes, now the only sound problem I have is sometimes a strange noise for the sound of footsteps only.
All the rest is 100% good for me.

Thanks i900,

I was wondering if there were any special settings you had applied, or anything special you did with the ROM, to make the sounds work?

For me, the music is almost perfect although the timing is sometimes a bit off. However, the sounds are almost all wrong.

HaggardSauce
Fresh Fish

Postby HaggardSauce » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:52 am

Hi everyone, so I have two issues that I was wondering if you all could address. Now, before I start, I do have to say that it was great to read through the .ini setup suggestions because they solved most of my sound issues. I can live with the rest.

The two issues I'm having are #1 multi touch on my HD2 is barely working on VII. Its to the point where its near unplayable because sometimes the controls wont respond even if i try to use one finger at a time. Is there any solution to this at all? Yes I do have the supporter version, and I've added the HD2=1 to the .ini any other ideas?

The second issue is a FFIX issue so i'll post it there I spose.

Thanks in advance

- Haggard

Return to “Game-Specific Help”