Final Fantasy VII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Chocodroid
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Re: Final Fantasy VII

Postby Chocodroid » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:21 pm

As previously described in the post below, I seem to be having the same issue with the game not responding to any "button" input resulting in the prelude video looping endlessly and leaving the ability to start a new game inaccessible. From my time spent browsing this and similar topics I have not yet found a solution to this problem. If anyone has any feedback that would be greatly appreciated. My device is the Samsung Epic 4G Touch.

basseMaG wrote:Hi!

I have problem with this game. When i have start i see only movie. Movie is end and begin, end and begin, end and begin... Zero reaction about start or select or x, triangle etc. This is a original rip, i don't use pocketIso. Bios is recomended 1001.bin

My phone:
Motorola MB511 Flipout @ 1GHz
Android 2.1 Eclair ROOT

Tekken 3 and Metal Gear Solid works great.

Screenshot:

Ideas?

Lando
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC ONE V
Operating System: CM10
ROM: Provision

Postby Lando » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Luremaster wrote:For sound problem, the solution is simply...this happen because of stereo sound, just go in fpse.ini file and set DisStereo=1, this solves the sound problem for all mobiles.

Thank you mate, that solved my sound issues. I was going mad because of the stuttering sound.

Edit: Still have a little problem during the fighting screen. The cursor in battle is not pointing to an enemy, but on my Partys character names. It still know who I'm attacking, because when you press select a box pops up that shows your the target, but it still is kinda annoying.
Also, in the Menu the text is a little hard to read, because some letters are black instead of white. Nothing major but it if someone knows the solution to this I'd be very thankful.

My Options in FPSE are:
Audio: SPUSync on, rest off
Video: Framelimiter, Frameskip (up to 50 frames) framerate on, rest off

By the way, I know my Phone is low end, but FF VII runs quite smooth, just having some slowdowns during the battles. The Game is still enjoyable.

rophiroth
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: gnex
Operating System: 4.1
ROM: ff7

Postby rophiroth » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:50 pm

I was able to reach final battle and just now experimentthe freezee. I was playing with a Samsung captivate the and now a galaxy nexus with android 4.1...

HunT
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Mini Pro
Operating System: Android

Postby HunT » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:05 pm

fd4101 wrote:I'm stuck in the life stream memory section on FF7, the scene where Tifa is trying to help cloud get his head straight. The FMV keeps freezing and i can get past it. i loaded an emulation to my computer thinking i would find away to transfer the save and pass that scene on my PC, but i can't get it to work :cry: :cry: . I moved the memory card data to the PC and renamed them to the proper file ext but the PC version says there blank. So after this longed winded 1/2 rant 1/2 cry for help. Can anyone tell me either how to transfer the save or skip the FMV all together.

I have this problem too. Any ideas ?

anthony001
Primary Device: galaxy S3

Postby anthony001 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi im not sure if this is help for fpse for android but i just wanna know if anyone is experiencing hang when they use tifa's limit break the slot machine

anthony001
Primary Device: galaxy S3

Postby anthony001 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi im not sure if this is help for fpse for android but i just wanna know if anyone is experiencing hang when they use tifa's limit break the slot machine

MadCatChiken
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire GSM
Operating System: Android
ROM: FF7

Postby MadCatChiken » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:15 am

Right I have a question about save files, I recently did a clear data of my fpse app to free up space since the internal space on a Desire sucks and it was filled up with unused save states, though I forgot to do a backup so I lost my memory cards too but I found where I stored my rom on my sd card a save file for FF7. (SCUS941630.SAV) Is there anyway I can convert that to an .mcd file as this file was created from when I last saved my game I don't want to start again I was on disc 2 too! :( If not I'll just have to use this save file I download which was at the same place as me. (Though it isn't as good as mine! :()

Cheers.

trundley
Primary Device: Nexus 7 (Eventually)
Operating System: Jellybean 4.1

Postby trundley » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm going to be getting a Nexus 7 as soon as they're released. I tried to play final fantasy 7 on my iPod Touch but it was terribly laggy, and im hoping that with the hardware that the Nexus 7 is packing that it wont be laggy, hopefully.

I want to ask on how to install the game using FPse for Android from the Google Play store, but i dont know whether its against forum rules, so i wont, yet.

Due to the Nexus 7 having no external SD card slot, how would i go about file transfers?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:26 am

HunT wrote:
fd4101 wrote:I'm stuck in the life stream memory section on FF7, the scene where Tifa is trying to help cloud get his head straight. The FMV keeps freezing and i can get past it. i loaded an emulation to my computer thinking i would find away to transfer the save and pass that scene on my PC, but i can't get it to work :cry: :cry: . I moved the memory card data to the PC and renamed them to the proper file ext but the PC version says there blank. So after this longed winded 1/2 rant 1/2 cry for help. Can anyone tell me either how to transfer the save or skip the FMV all together.

I have this problem too. Any ideas ?

Epsxe uses the same save file type as fpse I believe. There's a program for Android called psx mc manager that let's you convert between two save game file types (not save states, memory card flies).

Aside from that though, make sure you're copying the right files. From Fpse go to menu, misc, backup all files. This copies them to /sdcard/fpse backup (or /mnt/sdcard/fpsebackup). You will not need to rename the files if you use psxe. You have to use the memory card not the save state, and restore your last in game save game (not save state).
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:33 am

MadCatChiken wrote:Right I have a question about save files, I recently did a clear data of my fpse app to free up space since the internal space on a Desire sucks and it was filled up with unused save states, though I forgot to do a backup so I lost my memory cards too but I found where I stored my rom on my sd card a save file for FF7. (SCUS941630.SAV) Is there anyway I can convert that to an .mcd file as this file was created from when I last saved my game I don't want to start again I was on disc 2 too! :( If not I'll just have to use this save file I download which was at the same place as me. (Though it isn't as good as mine! :()

Cheers.

.sav is a save state file not a memory card file. You can google save state converter to see If there's an app that will let you convert save states used by different programs. As far as I know you can't use save states between different emulators- but I'm not sure.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “Game-Specific Help”