Final Fantasy VII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
funktron
Primary Device: Samsung Epic 4G
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: CM9 RC1

Re: Final Fantasy VII

Postby funktron » Thu May 03, 2012 6:30 am

Howdy all!

First, like many, LOVE this program. It's beyond awesome to take my old game, shrink it down to my phone and play on the go. I've put 65 hours into this game the last couple of months, and nearly all of it came on breaks at work, in lines and in places where I needed to kill a few minutes.

Second, though, I'm now having some issues on Disc 3 of FFVII.

Specifically, and I've seen this elsewhere on this forum, some battle cutscenes are crashing the program. In the Battle Square special event, Proud Clod's knee laser attack will crash the game every time. I got lucky and beat him before it crashed. Figured - eh, glitch, whatever, not an issue now!

*!*!*!*!*!**! SPOILERS !*!*!*!*!*!*!

BUT... After getting into the Northern Crater Cave where the group splits apart, I ended up solo with Cloud and ran into a Master Tonberry. I fired up Knights of the Round, and after about the fourth or fifth knight - CRASH. Game freezes up, never comes back.

What's odd is that I ran into one with a full crew of characters, used KoR and no crash. But this one, crashes every single time. Different Tonberrys, same result.

No problem, just won't use KoR against the Tonberry, right?

Well, then I had Bahamut ZERO set as my sneak attack move - and it crashes right when the space laser hits the enemy. I was fighting a group of four slug-like things.

I am running a Galaxy S ONE (not the newer S2s), a Sprint Epic 4G.

I am on Android 4.0.4 (CM9 beta), and I haven't had any issues whatsoever aside from these points noted above.

I do not have Open GL going, it's all stock FPSe settings with a regular-old bios.

Are there some settings I can change here? Perhaps it has to do with camera angles? I will be attempting to fiddle with this stuff as I simply refuse to go the rest of the game minus KoR or avoiding summons.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Sinius
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android Gingerbread

Postby Sinius » Wed May 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi guys,

I'm struggling with a really big problem for for me. Got Samsung Galaxy Note and until now I hadn't any issue.

I'm at second disc in the rocket launched from Rocket City. When I am in a shuttle, where Cid says a sentence or two, there is a fmv afterwards. And in few secs of that fmv it freezes and I can't get further.

Tried various bios files and iso rips (all my own!).

Thanks for ideas, why it fails at that certain point. Tried even freshly from the last point.

Luremaster
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: ATRIX
Operating System: ANDROID

Postby Luremaster » Mon May 28, 2012 10:44 pm

For sound problem, the solution is simply...this happen because of stereo sound, just go in fpse.ini file and set DisStereo=1, this solves the sound problem for all mobiles.

Sorry For Crappy Eng..

arussell87
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Note

Postby arussell87 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi all

I Purchased this app last night and cant seem to get final fantasy 7 working fully.

Firstly whenever I get to the boss with president shinra about an hour into the game everytime he does an attack called big bomber it kicks me to my home screen

I also get kicked to my home screen alot when I save using fpse and when I load the game goes all funny colours and sometimes crashes.

Also the music is very slow sometimes.

Also when I get to save points and try to say in game it says no memory left yet I have 3gb?

Im using a galaxy note latest model with standard settings on fpse.

Im new to emulating so any help is great and very much appreciated

Lightstalker
Primary Device: Galaxy S2

Postby Lightstalker » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:14 pm

This emulator has a huge glitch where if you're fighting with only one person then the game will freeze on MANY battle animations (some of them are the enemy's so you can't control the freezes).
This will happen when you are in the battle arena, or when you are forced to separate from your party near the end of the game. Also, the final boss of the game is a forced one person fight, and it's supposed to take a while so you can bet 100% it will freeze at some point unless you cheat to 1hko him.

Until this is fixed, FF7 should be not be classified as playable, since you cannot beat it.

I think everyone should know this before starting to play.

Lightstalker
Primary Device: Galaxy S2

Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Leviathan Freeze

Postby Lightstalker » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:16 pm

It's been a while and I figured out that the problem is not Leviathan, or even the Battle Arena (though it does affect it). The real problem is for some strange reason, playing with only 1 character will cause many battle animations to freeze the game. I suppose the biggest issue here is that you cannot successfully beat the final boss because of this.

fd4101
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus transformer prime
Operating System: Android
ROM: Team EOS ICS v4.0.4

Postby fd4101 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:00 pm

First i would like to say that this program is awesome have my PS1 library at my finger tips is insane :D, now i really hope there is a way to fix my problem. I'm stuck in the life stream memory section on FF7, the scene where Tifa is trying to help cloud get his head straight. The FMV keeps freezing and i can get past it. i loaded an emulation to my computer thinking i would find away to transfer the save and pass that scene on my PC, but i can't get it to work :cry: :cry: . I moved the memory card data to the PC and renamed them to the proper file ext but the PC version says there blank. So after this longed winded 1/2 rant 1/2 cry for help. Can anyone tell me either how to transfer the save or skip the FMV all together.

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:05 pm

rand4ll wrote:
neiljwd wrote:Well It turns out, changing a setting and backing into the game doesn't change it.
You have to change it, back into the game, and then RESTART fpse for SOME to take effect.

Anyway I found settings that work on the latest release of fpse with FFVII.iso.

AUDIO:
Spusync -ON
Other two off.

Video:
Adjust Frambuffer Access - ON
Special Upload Detection - ON
OffScreen Drawing - ON
32 Bits rendering -ON (I had to turn this un without an .iso loaded, wouldn't 'stick' in game.)
Everything else off.

Additionally Framelimiter ON, slows the game down, Frameskip ON Speeds it up markedly. :)

This makes the game 100% playable, and cut scenes viewable.

Niggles:
Select hand is a black shadow. No hand on start up screen. There's often some flashy texture pop-in in some areas. Areas Backgrounds have black borders (think this is unchangeable if you have OpenGL plugin). NOT FMV's, but cut scenes that are part background, part movement, part render engine, get thin black lines down it, but viewable.

Anyway, if anyone wants to take these settings and further test for improvements, be my guest and please report back if you find any, ta!

I was working on getting the messed up menus fixed before I even found your post on here. However, if you are still around and still looking, I got the game playing damn near perfect with battle menu and white hand. I do not get any swirl into the battle and can't figure that part out, my settings are as follows:

[u]AUDIO:[/u]
Spusync -ON
Other two off.

Video:
Framelimiter - ON
Original Screen Size - ON (not needed, but i like the look of it in original 4:3)
OffScreenDrawing - ON
Alpha Multipass - ON (I think this one adds the white hand)
Anti Aliasing - ON (not necessary but should make it look better if your system can handle it)
Everything else off.

As stated, with these setting and OpenGL plugin on latest market version i get white hand and battle menu and the game pretty much always stays pegged at 60fps and even all cut screens work great. I do get some music lag at start of battle but it is minor. The things I would like to fix is i get a tiny bit of artifacting here and there on screen (colored very thin lines) but that is a minor niggle and doesn't really bother me. Would also like to be able to get the starting battle animation, but again, not important for gameplay.

I do ask for some of your help though too, is there somewhere that defines what all these options are? For instance, I had the 32Bits Rendering on when trying to find out how to get it to work, and once i got everything working right, i went through unselecting boxes and restarting after every change to be sure it takes effect, and I found that 32Bits rendering didn't do anything at all for me...Also see you use Adjust Framebuffer Access and Special Upload Detection, I just tried adding these to my above settings and they didn't seem to do anything for me, any idea what they are supposed to do? Really what would be great is a nice listing of what every option does for the FPse OpenGL plugin on Android!!

Please let me know if I helped anyone out or if some of my above issues can be fixed by some of these other settings. I have been messing with it for over 4 hours now and am ready to give up for the time being (also played for about 2 hours with great looking graphics!!!) and get some rest.

I wouldnt mind the lack of battle starting animation if it didnt freeze up everytime there was a battle. I have to wait for 10 seconds while the audio stutters until the battle even begins.

Tenken
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note

Postby Tenken » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:38 am

Does anyone have Galaxy Note and can get this game working without force closing before battle starts? Can you share your settings? The fartest I got is after the first train ride and subway track and then battles don't work anymore. Thanks!

funktron
Primary Device: Samsung Epic 4G
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: CM9 RC1

Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Leviathan Freeze

Postby funktron » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:00 am

Right with you. Came to same conclusion, still stuck trying to beat final version of Sephiroth. I got DAMN lucky to get through the battle square finale. Had to play it over and over and just hope the last guy (forget name) didn't use the one attack that froze the game.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”