Final Fantasy VII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
callme_james
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC HERO
Operating System: Android

Re: Final Fantasy VII

Postby callme_james » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 pm

I hope this hasn't been asked before, but I haven' t been able to find it.
I am playing on a motorola photon (and have been using some form of fpse for about 5-6 years starting with at&t HTC 8525. My problem is that in the submarine, airship, on chocobos, etc the sprite stops moving after about 10 seconds of holding the button down. If I push it again, it moves for about one second before stopping again. If I wait a half minute or so it will move normally again for another 10 seconds.

Everything else works perfectly except the cutscenes when loaded from save state ( I know this is a known bug and try to load from memory cards to avoid this). I also occasionally have the game freeze when using a summon materia or casting a spell. This primarily happens in the Battle Arena and against the Weapons. I don't have issues in random battles. This was never an issue on disk 1 or before I got my new phone.

Any advice is appriciated.

(p.s. cheat

callme_james
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC HERO

Postby callme_james » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:11 pm

For cheats you need to look around. They very depending on what version / where the disk is from. I haven't seen this one mentioned yet.

You can try this one for GP
8009D3D2 0FFF

If it works google it it for more.

Edgarhighmen
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: AT&T SGS2-I777
Operating System: Android 2.3.6
ROM: unnamed rom 2.2.1

Postby Edgarhighmen » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:18 am

Got the game running fine; loaded BIOS, loaded game loaded CPU plugin. Saved default config, quit/restart option.

Games started up fine since Sunday, but its been crashing during battles. 3-4 fps but battle never ends.

Narrowed it down to using a summon crashed 50% using a limit break crash 100%

I can still use regular attack, magic, mug, e-skill or escape from battle. But if I can't use my limit breaks or regular attacks/ summons? What's causing this?

I had to get a new ff7 rom for the game to even work (the version listed in sgs2 compatibility list) it was listed as no errors through disc 1.

I hope this is more active forum... =/

Lightstalker
Primary Device: Galaxy S2

Final Fantasy 7 - Leviathan Freeze

Postby Lightstalker » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Every time I use the summon Leviathan in the battle arena, the game freezes. The summon works outside the arena and other summons work fine inside the arena. Can anyone else test this for me? It's very weird.

Also, can someone tell me if save states/regular saves from FPSe are compatible with the PC Playstation emulators? I could just test this myself and see if it's the ISO's problem or the emulator's problem.

rand4ll
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus Transformer Prime
ROM: stock

Postby rand4ll » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:32 am

neiljwd wrote:Well It turns out, changing a setting and backing into the game doesn't change it.
You have to change it, back into the game, and then RESTART fpse for SOME to take effect.

Anyway I found settings that work on the latest release of fpse with FFVII.iso.

AUDIO:
Spusync -ON
Other two off.

Video:
Adjust Frambuffer Access - ON
Special Upload Detection - ON
OffScreen Drawing - ON
32 Bits rendering -ON (I had to turn this un without an .iso loaded, wouldn't 'stick' in game.)
Everything else off.

Additionally Framelimiter ON, slows the game down, Frameskip ON Speeds it up markedly. :)

This makes the game 100% playable, and cut scenes viewable.

Niggles:
Select hand is a black shadow. No hand on start up screen. There's often some flashy texture pop-in in some areas. Areas Backgrounds have black borders (think this is unchangeable if you have OpenGL plugin). NOT FMV's, but cut scenes that are part background, part movement, part render engine, get thin black lines down it, but viewable.

Anyway, if anyone wants to take these settings and further test for improvements, be my guest and please report back if you find any, ta!

I was working on getting the messed up menus fixed before I even found your post on here. However, if you are still around and still looking, I got the game playing damn near perfect with battle menu and white hand. I do not get any swirl into the battle and can't figure that part out, my settings are as follows:

[u]AUDIO:[/u]
Spusync -ON
Other two off.

Video:
Framelimiter - ON
Original Screen Size - ON (not needed, but i like the look of it in original 4:3)
OffScreenDrawing - ON
Alpha Multipass - ON (I think this one adds the white hand)
Anti Aliasing - ON (not necessary but should make it look better if your system can handle it)
Everything else off.

As stated, with these setting and OpenGL plugin on latest market version i get white hand and battle menu and the game pretty much always stays pegged at 60fps and even all cut screens work great. I do get some music lag at start of battle but it is minor. The things I would like to fix is i get a tiny bit of artifacting here and there on screen (colored very thin lines) but that is a minor niggle and doesn't really bother me. Would also like to be able to get the starting battle animation, but again, not important for gameplay.

I do ask for some of your help though too, is there somewhere that defines what all these options are? For instance, I had the 32Bits Rendering on when trying to find out how to get it to work, and once i got everything working right, i went through unselecting boxes and restarting after every change to be sure it takes effect, and I found that 32Bits rendering didn't do anything at all for me...Also see you use Adjust Framebuffer Access and Special Upload Detection, I just tried adding these to my above settings and they didn't seem to do anything for me, any idea what they are supposed to do? Really what would be great is a nice listing of what every option does for the FPse OpenGL plugin on Android!!

Please let me know if I helped anyone out or if some of my above issues can be fixed by some of these other settings. I have been messing with it for over 4 hours now and am ready to give up for the time being (also played for about 2 hours with great looking graphics!!!) and get some rest.

maxysbak
Primary Device: galaxy s2

Postby maxysbak » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:02 pm

rand4ll wrote:
neiljwd wrote:Well It turns out, changing a setting and backing into the game doesn't change it.
You have to change it, back into the game, and then RESTART fpse for SOME to take effect.

Anyway I found settings that work on the latest release of fpse with FFVII.iso.

AUDIO:
Spusync -ON
Other two off.

Video:
Adjust Frambuffer Access - ON
Special Upload Detection - ON
OffScreen Drawing - ON
32 Bits rendering -ON (I had to turn this un without an .iso loaded, wouldn't 'stick' in game.)
Everything else off.

Additionally Framelimiter ON, slows the game down, Frameskip ON Speeds it up markedly. :)

This makes the game 100% playable, and cut scenes viewable.

Niggles:
Select hand is a black shadow. No hand on start up screen. There's often some flashy texture pop-in in some areas. Areas Backgrounds have black borders (think this is unchangeable if you have OpenGL plugin). NOT FMV's, but cut scenes that are part background, part movement, part render engine, get thin black lines down it, but viewable.

Anyway, if anyone wants to take these settings and further test for improvements, be my guest and please report back if you find any, ta!

I was working on getting the messed up menus fixed before I even found your post on here. However, if you are still around and still looking, I got the game playing damn near perfect with battle menu and white hand. I do not get any swirl into the battle and can't figure that part out, my settings are as follows:

[u]AUDIO:[/u]
Spusync -ON
Other two off.

Video:
Framelimiter - ON
Original Screen Size - ON (not needed, but i like the look of it in original 4:3)
OffScreenDrawing - ON
Alpha Multipass - ON (I think this one adds the white hand)
Anti Aliasing - ON (not necessary but should make it look better if your system can handle it)
Everything else off.

As stated, with these setting and OpenGL plugin on latest market version i get white hand and battle menu and the game pretty much always stays pegged at 60fps and even all cut screens work great. I do get some music lag at start of battle but it is minor. The things I would like to fix is i get a tiny bit of artifacting here and there on screen (colored very thin lines) but that is a minor niggle and doesn't really bother me. Would also like to be able to get the starting battle animation, but again, not important for gameplay.

I do ask for some of your help though too, is there somewhere that defines what all these options are? For instance, I had the 32Bits Rendering on when trying to find out how to get it to work, and once i got everything working right, i went through unselecting boxes and restarting after every change to be sure it takes effect, and I found that 32Bits rendering didn't do anything at all for me...Also see you use Adjust Framebuffer Access and Special Upload Detection, I just tried adding these to my above settings and they didn't seem to do anything for me, any idea what they are supposed to do? Really what would be great is a nice listing of what every option does for the FPse OpenGL plugin on Android!!

Please let me know if I helped anyone out or if some of my above issues can be fixed by some of these other settings. I have been messing with it for over 4 hours now and am ready to give up for the time being (also played for about 2 hours with great looking graphics!!!) and get some rest.

Hi guys I'm here to report some feedback !

I have the Galaxy s2 and i have to do the mali400 trick to use Opengl plugin. It works pefectly for Resident evil but with FF7 when the battle start, the sound is going creepy and FPSE crash and goes back to the main menu to load an ISO.
I used neiljwd and rand4ll settings and I have the last version of FPSE.

If anyone can help me thank you

braun314
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy GT-P7510
Operating System: Android 3.1
ROM: Final Fantasy 7

Postby braun314 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:15 pm

I just finished Disc 1 of FF7 on my FPse 0.11.17 emulator.

On Disc 2, the sound for the game is not working...
Can anyone tell me what settings must be turned on to make it work again?
The sound on disc 1 worked perfectly... the settings were as followed:
1. Audio Parameters: spusync (everything else off)
2. Video Parameters: Frame limiter, Original Screen Size and Enhanced 3D Imagery (everything else off)
3. System Parameters: Dual Core Boost. (everything else off)

For some reason, when i try to continue my game on disc 2 the sound doesn't work at all...

ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. PLEASE HELP!! I've been on a FF7 kick and don't want to end my journey here!

Thanks in advance,
BK

Lamensis
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: LeeDroid HD v5.1.1

Postby Lamensis » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:59 am

the usual ff7 disc has an .img and a .cue . As far as i remember the .cue is for Sound, Do you have this File?

braun314
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy GT-P7510
Operating System: Android 3.1
ROM: Final Fantasy 7

Postby braun314 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:39 am

Looks like the problem fixed itself... I didn't do anything and the sound works again... strange.

Thanks anyways!

reqner
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC One X

Postby reqner » Wed May 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Hey guys,

So i've downloaded FPse and the FFVII Roms which seem to load fine but I'm getting stuttered and choppy sound constantly. It's as if its in Stereo sound but im missing half of it.

Anyway I've read that a fix could be changing to 4:3 Centered in Settings>Video but I cant find anywhere to change the screensize under Settings. Can anyone help with this? Or even tell me how they fixed a similar sound problem..

Im on the HTC OneX

Cheers!

Return to “Game-Specific Help”