Final Fantasy VII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Rising
Primary Device: HTC Droid Incredible
ROM: Stock HTC Sense Android 2.2

Re: Final Fantasy VII Problems in latest update

Postby Rising » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:59 am

Yep, disabling frameskip did the job. Unfortunately, the game runs super slow at around 35-40fps at 3/4 centered screen during battles. So I guess the small screen it is until the fix. What's odd though is that when frameskip is enabled at 50, battles go super fast at above 100fps, yet when walking around, it stays at around 60fps regardless of whether frameskip is disabled or not (at 4/3 centered).

gamesmaster
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Google Nexus One
Operating System: Windows 7
ROM: Cyanogenmod

Postby gamesmaster » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:50 pm

hi, i've got a fairly simple problem, (atleast i think its simple) I'm running a Nexus one and after labourous hours trying to get my FFVII rom to work, i finally got there.

The problem is when i touch the bottom left of the screen where the 'right' and 'up' buttons are specifically, whilst holding x to run, it opens up he FFVII menu/inventory screen. I've moved the D-pad to the top left to avoid that area of teh screen which is a compromise at the moment but if i touch the bottom left whilst touching the 'x' button, i get put into the FF 'menu' screen

any ideas?

PerkySets
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Omnia II GT I8000L
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: PDA: I8000LUGIJ6 CSC: I8000LBMCIJ6

Postby PerkySets » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:19 am

Lamensis wrote:same here, disabling frameskip fixes it.

Edit:
I fixed this on my phone by switching to the SCPH7502 BIOS.

tried that. didnt help.

Yeah, I have the same problem and have found no solution, what I do to make battles playable is by pushing "select" when in game, this shows enemy names and numbers on screen therefor I can tell them apart.

PerkySets
Fresh Fish

Postby PerkySets » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:32 am

gamesmaster wrote:hi, i've got a fairly simple problem, (atleast i think its simple) I'm running a Nexus one and after labourous hours trying to get my FFVII rom to work, i finally got there.

The problem is when i touch the bottom left of the screen where the 'right' and 'up' buttons are specifically, whilst holding x to run, it opens up he FFVII menu/inventory screen. I've moved the D-pad to the top left to avoid that area of teh screen which is a compromise at the moment but if i touch the bottom left whilst touching the 'x' button, i get put into the FF 'menu' screen

any ideas?

Nexus one has been known to have "multi touch" issues I think it possible you have a hardware problem.

http://www.neowin.net/news/nexus-one-ha ... ch-problem

Lamensis
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: LeeDroid HD v5.1.1

Postby Lamensis » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:01 pm

i changed ingame the config of the buttons, cause i like the way it is in ff8 more ... that means:
X -> ok
O -> Menu
Square -> Cancel

im not sure, but maybe it helps cause it wont be on the same grid anymore, or sth like that ^^

Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku
Primary Device: t8585

To Nexus One users

Postby Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:58 pm

I don't think the hardware is a problem. Problems arise once you try to use something for something it was never intended to.
Try the pads from my corner which i made for hd2's, if you care.
Since working against Autoalignment leads to bigger problems like Axis Inversion, why not use it for your own benefit, right.
Once you understand what's laying underneath, you get a better understanding on how to use the overlay.

I dont have a nexus one, so i can't promise much.
tatsumaki's corner
Minds are like parachutes, they both work best when open.

PerkySets
Fresh Fish

Re: To Nexus One users

Postby PerkySets » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:16 am

Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku wrote:I don't think the hardware is a problem. Problems arise once you try to use something for something it was never intended to.
Try the pads from my corner which i made for hd2's, if you care.
Since working against Autoalignment leads to bigger problems like Axis Inversion, why not use it for your own benefit, right.
Once you understand what's laying underneath, you get a better understanding on how to use the overlay.

I dont have a nexus one, so i can't promise much.

When google updated its nexus one with multitouch capabilities it therefor intended it to work, which it doesent (very well), not only with fpsece but with many many other programs.
and when Problems arise once you try to use hardware for something it was never intended to, the problem is its the wrong hardware...

Arkhaine
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO Shift
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby Arkhaine » Tue May 03, 2011 5:01 pm

Has anyone found a way to run this smoothly with Screen Filtering enabled? It's annoying having to play with it looking like a 3-D Super Nintendo game (it honestly reminds me of how Starfox looks). If frameskip didn't mess up targeting in battle I think it would be fine, or maybe not so since sometimes with frameskip enabled it seemed to run at ~120Fps. Any word on if this will be addressed any time soon?

DHD
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Andriod
ROM: Final Fantasy VII

Postby DHD » Tue May 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Im running FFVII on my xperia play running FPse 0.10.41, The game runs great but the sound is kinda messed up, its hard to discribe but it just isnt quite right, all the notes are like muted or something. Any one else found this / any advice ???

fucitol
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Magic
Operating System: Android
ROM: Ginger yoshi

Re: Final Fantasy VII

Postby fucitol » Thu May 05, 2011 11:05 am

Final Fantasy VII showed me this screen when I pressed new game.

I ripped the videos to 10% using pocket iso 3.2. Is there any way to fix this? What settings should I use?

Return to “Game-Specific Help”