Lunar: SSS Disc Swap

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Nanaz
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Lunar: SSS

Lunar: SSS Disc Swap

Postby Nanaz » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:06 am

Hi there everyone... was just hoping to get some help as I'm having trouble finding things around on my own.

Not sure that this is Lunar: SSS specific btw, as this is the first game that I am trying to load up a second disc on.

So it goes to a cut-scene and right afterward asks for disc 2... doesn't ask to save (Which from what I understand makes this more of a pain if you have trouble)

I push the little eject button and then find my Lunar: SSS Disc 2. Then the screen goes black and nothing else happens.

Was going to try using the in-game save file on another emulator to get past this little disc change, but for some reason now I can't save in game either... it just freezes up (May have something to do with me moving the game file temporarily?), though I don't know if that would have helped at all anyways.

If anyone could give me some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. My phone is an Unrooted Droid X. Please be gentle as I am new to the smart phone AND emulating world.

Thank you~!
-Naz

Nanaz

Re: Lunar: SSS Disc Swap

Postby Nanaz » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Actually figured out the problem i was having with my memory card not saving. (I had moved the bios file and forgot to change the path while messing around with the disc swapping) So now I do have an up to date save file on my memory card.... but I can't seem to find anywhere on here where the memory card file is kept... can't find it anywhere... and again I'm not actually sure this workaround will help at all.

Nanaz

Re: Lunar: SSS Disc Swap

Postby Nanaz » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Ok well I managed a work-around! I'll write it up in case anyone has similar problems... I know there are other games that have similar problems as well.

1)(for unrooted) Make sure you have psx4droid installed on your phone.
2)(for unrooted) Use either a file manager or your computer to move file 'mcd001.mcr' out of your '.psx4droid' folder and on to your main sdcard folder.
3)(for unrooted) Rename 'mcd001.mcr' to 'Slot1.mcd'
4)(for unrooted) Open the game in fpse, and change the path to you memory card to your new Slot1.mcd file located on your SD card.

For Rooted Folk can star here:

5) Load your savestate.
6) Make in game save on your memory card file.
7) Download ePSXe version 1.6(Note that 1.6 is the only version that lets you disc swap correctly) and get that up and running. (Will need BIOS and a plugin I believe.)
8) Plug your phone in to your computer and pull the memory card save file off of there, and then set your memory card path to that file.
9) Start up Lunar Disc1 on ePSXe, load your memory card's save file and play through to the disc change.
10) When it asks you to change discs just hit esc and go to File>Disc Change>ISO and Select Lunar: SSS Disc 2
11) It should work... now just play it till you can save on your memory card again.
12) Transfer the file back to your SD card.
13) From here you should just be able to open up Disc 2 and load from there. Hope this helps!

Return to “Game-Specific Help”